Video- Umesh Yadav the beast with Red ball in Indian condition

8 hours ago, maniac said:

that’s a harsh assessment. In 2011 and 2014, the pitches were run fests and on top of that we got owned badly in pretty much most if not all matches. 

If you remember Ishant had a few spells in 2011 where he was  literally unplayable but didn’t get wickets. His bad luck literally became a meme. I wonder if Ishant or Shami or any other bowler who played in that series for India has any better stats. Iirc Umesh was still the highest wicket taker for India in those games.

Bowling is a team effort, you see a batsmen averaging 100+ in a series where no one even comes close but usually bowlers are more or less in the same range for good or bad depending on how the series went in their favor.

Obviously Umesh is behind Shami,Bumrah,Ishant but on par with Bhuvi for being conditions specific. I still trust Umesh when on song to run through quality sides and jury is still out on youngsters like Saini,Siraj still. A bowler like him being on the bench is what adds  that additional oomph to this Indian bowling attack.

Very good bowler but should he managed carefully.

Youngsters? One is 27 and the other is 26 which is the same age as Bumrah

13 hours ago, maniac said:

that’s a harsh assessment. In 2011 and 2014, the pitches were run fests and on top of that we got owned badly in pretty much most if not all matches. 

If you remember Ishant had a few spells in 2011 where he was  literally unplayable but didn’t get wickets. His bad luck literally became a meme. I wonder if Ishant or Shami or any other bowler who played in that series for India has any better stats. Iirc Umesh was still the highest wicket taker for India in those games.

Bowling is a team effort, you see a batsmen averaging 100+ in a series where no one even comes close but usually bowlers are more or less in the same range for good or bad depending on how the series went in their favor.

Obviously Umesh is behind Shami,Bumrah,Ishant but on par with Bhuvi for being conditions specific. I still trust Umesh when on song to run through quality sides and jury is still out on youngsters like Saini,Siraj still. A bowler like him being on the bench is what adds  that additional oomph to this Indian bowling attack.

Very good bowler but should he managed carefully.

He needs hand holding on away tours through and through. A sports psychologist will do him good because I get the feel that he is easily satisfied with his performance. He lacks fire. Even if he does nothing more than maintain his length properly, he will be a difficult proposition to handle for any batsman.

Wagner when started was nothing like that.. i think it should be a strategy.. but i agree umesh is beast in india.. to me his best ever test wicket is of steve smith 2nd innings Dharmasala Test.. bowled.. that won india the match and series.. as aus folded for 137 odd

Now that we are discussing about Wagner-

Yadav can never copy him,Wagners bouncers are usually very slow, he bowls them at 120-135, his bouncers aren't lethal  coz of speed but because they are targeted at a line and length where batsman find it very hard to score runs(read singles and doubles) without playing the ball in the air and hence taking a risk because obviously he will have a fielder at Long Leg or Deep Backward square leg looking for the same (sometimes even at deep square leg).

Just Imagine holding a bat and try to play strokes, I am damn sure that the region where your stroke-play is most limited is the same for each and every batsman(no matter how gifted he is) and that region is(depicted in pics),

The most important aspect of his bowling is his pace ,slow paced balls at that length are much more intimidating then say a 145 kph ball, because you cant hook a 120 kph ball so easily (without  being caught) and he varies his pace so you cant prepare yourselves beforehand.Now you need to either play a hook shot or take a blow on the body ,only if you are very good you will be able to leave these balls.Wagner is a Genius.

bouncer.jpg

wagner.jpeg

abouncer.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u havent seen yadav bowl overseas right ?

This job can be done by saini

I have seen Yadav bowl many times and the only thing he lacks is a working brain while the only thing that made Wagner successful despite that slow speed and un athletic body is his brain.So yes Yadav can never copy him, he can never hit a line consistently ,also doesnt have the brain to vary the pace like wagner does.He is a rhythm bowler whose main weapon is his speed not consistency.

Same goes for Saini, his main weapon is also speed(although he has a working brain unlike yadav),he can never copy Wagner but yes he can bowl some mean bouncers 

1 minute ago, Adamant said:

I have seen Yadav bowl many times and the only thing he lacks is a working brain while the only thing that made Wagner successful despite that slow speed and un athletic body is his brain.So yes Yadav can never copy him, he can never hit a line consistently ,also doesnt have the brain to vary the pace like wagner does.He is a rhythm bowler whose main weapon is his speed not consistency.

Same goes for Saini, his main weapon is also speed(although he has a working brain unlike yadav),he can never copy Wagner but yes he can bowl some mean bouncers 

its not brain its control, wagner has the control with kookabura and umesh doesnt ...whereas umesh has great control over SG ball unlike many fast bowlers

Mode of dismissals in SENA @ Windies is always about the outswinger and bounce.. even the lbw/bowled are the planned deliveries after bowling the channel balls and lot of outswingers and then the surprise of indipper.. 

Its the exact opposite in India.. Umesh has mastered the conditions brilliantly

On 11/19/2020 at 11:38 PM, speedheat said:

Umesh when in rhythm is treat to watch, a consummate professional at work.

he is physically very powerful, when he gets his rhythm and flow , he has to just use his strength and a bit of intelligence and  he can manage the opponents as Bumrah and SHammi manage often.

if he is not in rhythm , he is not worth being in the 11.

13 hours ago, Vk1 said:

Mode of dismissals in SENA @ Windies is always about the outswinger and bounce.. even the lbw/bowled are the planned deliveries after bowling the channel balls and lot of outswingers and then the surprise of indipper.. 

Its the exact opposite in India.. Umesh has mastered the conditions brilliantly

He benefits a lot from variability of Indian pitches being a skiddy low bounce bowler.