What is your CoViD vaccine choice?

BacktoCricaddict

Will you take the CoViD vaccine (Anonymous poll)?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. If the following CoViD vaccine choices are made available to you tomorrow at no cost, what would you choose? Assume trial results for all of them show 90% or more efficacy.

• Pfizer vaccine
    • Moderna vaccine
    • Oxford Astra Zeneca vaccine
    • Sputnik vaccine?
    • Astra Zeneca / Oxford vaccine
    • Covaxin (Bharat Biotech)
    • None - I will wait for a few more months to see what happens
    • None - ever
    • Any of the above - just vaccinate me already!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/09/2021 at 02:03 AM

My science untrained mind says:

For the people at maximum risk NOW, ie the health care workers, older people with co-morbidities etc, administer the Chinese vaccine.

They've had at least a 3-4 month head start over their western counterparts.  And given that the virus has originated from China, they are more likely to know about its genesis.

For the others, use the medicines that the Western nations/Russia have designed. Their R&D is likely to be more thorough, and they will eventually catch up and understand the disease better and deliver a more potent vaccine.

From the layman standpoint, Moderna vaccine was co-developed with NIH, which is a big plus in my mind. 

The one I would prefer living in India assuming phase 3 goes well & effectiveness is reasonably high is covaxin since it uses the plain vanilla means of vaccine design. I'm old fashioned, would pick the Toyota/Honda over the flashy new Tesla until the latter becomes as mainstream as possible after having proven itself over some hundred thousand kms. 

Edited by Clarke

If I am given choice I will probably  go for the one which has been used for 6 months to a  year without any issues (better idea on side effects) and been approved by Multiple agencies without any flag raised (I think EU, Singapore etc)