Fan claims to have paid Indian players' bill after finding himself eating at same restaurant, BCCI investigating potential bubble breach

I did see someone on twitter sharing pics of players at a shopping centre and eating out, and my first reaction was is this even allowed when they are in a bio secure bubble?

Hope they did not violate any protocols. Else it could be a major embarrassment for the players and the BCCI. There have been some protocol breaches in BBL by the players have been allowed to play after negative covid tests.

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

I did see someone on twitter sharing pics of players at a shopping centre and eating out, and my first reaction was is this even allowed when they are in a bio secure bubble?

Hope they did not violate any protocols. Else it could be a major embarrassment for the players and the BCCI. There have been some protocol breaches in BBL by the players have been allowed to play after negative covid tests.

There is not any typical bio secure bubble. Players can go out as normal. Only they have to follow state government's health directions. 

3 minutes ago, beetle said:

Does he have pics of himself with the players?

He hasn't posted them on twitter. Bugger has tagged his insta account for photos, but his account is private. Cheap trick to gain followers!

Edited by puneet28
3 minutes ago, wanted_desi said:

Bragdeep Singh. Also mentioned that he paid the bill by showing $118 receipt. Then went on saying that Pant hugged him, actually went back and corrected himself, saying that didn't happen. 

I hope no penalties/bans on them either by BCCI or Aus government. 

2 minutes ago, puneet28 said:

He hasn't posted them on twitter. Bugger has tagged his insta account for photos, but his account is private. Cheap trick to gain followers!

Not to mention Pant and bhabhiji reference.Must be hoping for some viral publicity like the baby sitting  thigyy.......

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Not sure why it's such a big deal.  They have already done the quarantine & now they can move as much as they like..  Unless I am missing something.  Smith was also supposed to meet his wife in Sydney..  Wouldn't that be a bubble breach as well? 

In Australia, we have state controlled regulations for Covid. Though Victorian government has allowed to eat inside, it must have been agreed upon earlier that players would sit outdoor while eat at restaurant. I saw an instagram post of Steve Smith too that they were sitting outdoors. 

It shouldn't be big deal. Even after BCCI/CA's investigation,  I guess at most they would ask for Covid test. However, that guy should not have posted and bragged so much about it. Had he not posted, nobody would have known about it. 

Imagine, players are away from family and friends, Rohit Sharma spent 14 days in an apartment for quarantine and they wanted some good time outside eating at a restaurant. But due to one guy, players would be stressed for next 1-2 days. 

Edited by puneet28
6 minutes ago, puneet28 said:

In Australia, we have state controlled regulations for Covid. Though Victorian government has allowed to eat inside, it must have been agreed upon earlier that players would sit outdoor while eat at restaurant. I saw an instagram post of Steve Smith too that they were sitting outdoors. 

It shouldn't be big deal. Even after BCCI/CA's investigation,  I guess at most they would ask for Covid test. However, that guy should not have posted and bragged so much about it. Had he not posted, nobody would have known about it. 

Imagine, players are away from family and friends, Rohit Sharma spent 14 days in an apartment for quarantine and they wanted some good time outside eating at a restaurant. But due to one guy, players would be stressed for next 1-2 days. 

Actually this won't be a problem in Sydney but I think Queensland Govt..  May or may not approve these guys into Brisbane as there is some restrictions on regular Victorians to move into Queensland I heard. 

I didn't knew outdoor eating was allowed but indoors were restricted.  Still I think BCCI will manage to handle this.  CA hasn't even said anything so far.