TN Elections

coffee_rules

Forget Ram Mandir, even saffron is Aryan for DMK. The rationalist state, huh!

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/portrait-thiruvalluvar-saffron-robes-cbse-textbook-receives-flak-tn-leaders-143863

Portrait of Thiruvalluvar in saffron robes in CBSE textbook receives flak from TN leaders

This particular illustration however got flak not just for how it depicted Thiruvalluvar, but also for what it said about his wife Vasuki.”

ThiruvalluvarVasuki_1200.jpg?itok=YQ8ENt

DMK president MK Stalin said, “In one of the Class 8 textbooks, Thiruvallur has been given Aryan disguise. The BJP government is allowing this; the AIADMK government is also watching this. Tamil Nadu will not accept the Aryan gimmick in Tamil culture; DMK will not be patient. Warning!”

Next CM of TamizhNaattu!!

:facepalm:

Edited by coffee_rules

Mark my words. As a Tamilian, I can say this with confidence either DMK will shift it’s politics or BJP will come to power in TN in next 10 years. It’s not because BJP is great but TN is essentially a devotion state. A dharmic State. We are quiet people fair people. But when we act it’s decisive. BJP has enough muscle to influence at grassroots over a period of time. 

These European ideas will not have traction anymore. Society has moved on from 70s. Brahmins have practically been eradicated but temple goers are increasing every year. So, that anti Brahmin politics has sailed. 

In fact, Tamil pride « Stalin », is clearly pivoting his position. And smartly. 

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Mark my words. As a Tamilian, I can say this with confidence either DMK will shift it’s politics or BJP will come to power in TN in next 10 years. It’s not because BJP is great but TN is essentially a devotion state. A dharmic State. We are quiet people fair people. But when we act it’s decisive. BJP has enough muscle to influence at grassroots over a period of time. 

These European ideas will not have traction anymore. Society has moved on from 70s. Brahmins have practically been eradicated but temple goers are increasing every year. So, that anti Brahmin politics has sailed. 

True, most Tamilians I’ve come across are the devotional type, and also apolitical.

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I'm from Andhra but both my Aunts are married to Tamils. I never understood this Hindu hatred I see online as I've always seen most Tamilians as being extremely devotional Hindus.

The only reason I'd say is that Hindus in Tamil Nadu never felt the need to bunch together on the basis of religion as they never felt threatened by other religions. With Missionaries, Muslims and Atheists ganging up in TN recently, I guess the Hindutva factor is slowly but surely getting out in the open.

2 hours ago, PunterLog said:

I'm from Andhra but both my Aunts are married to Tamils. I never understood this Hindu hatred I see online as I've always seen most Tamilians as being extremely devotional Hindus.

The only reason I'd say is that Hindus in Tamil Nadu never felt the need to bunch together on the basis of religion as they never felt threatened by other religions. With Missionaries, Muslims and Atheists ganging up in TN recently, I guess the Hindutva factor is slowly but surely getting out in the open.

Genesis lies in their very distinct and rich identity and culture. Tamil is not a language. It is way of life. They breathe Tamil. Now if that identity is perceived to be under threat, there is potential for politics. Add to that, wave of anti Brahminism lead to social surge in a direction with this whole aryan Dravidian politics. Add to this the work done by missionaries who have been rampant with hapless villagers. So, you have nice cocktail of populist communism with layer of identity threat. 

But what they miscalculated was that Tamilians are inherently devotional. It’s in out ethos. And atheism has not found the kind of traction one would have thought. In fact the trends are reversing. Hence, I think DMK will pivot in my view. 

9 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I swear I remember your post saying you were from Kolkata. A Tamilian from Kolkata perhaps?

Or is memory failing me? :(( 

13 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Forget Ram Mandir, even saffron is Aryan for DMK. The rationalist state, huh!

https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/portrait-thiruvalluvar-saffron-robes-cbse-textbook-receives-flak-tn-leaders-143863

Portrait of Thiruvalluvar in saffron robes in CBSE textbook receives flak from TN leaders

This particular illustration however got flak not just for how it depicted Thiruvalluvar, but also for what it said about his wife Vasuki.”

ThiruvalluvarVasuki_1200.jpg?itok=YQ8ENt

DMK president MK Stalin said, “In one of the Class 8 textbooks, Thiruvallur has been given Aryan disguise. The BJP government is allowing this; the AIADMK government is also watching this. Tamil Nadu will not accept the Aryan gimmick in Tamil culture; DMK will not be patient. Warning!”

Next CM of TamizhNaattu!!

:facepalm:

Revisionist Mfrs. 

2 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Genesis lies in their very distinct and rich identity and culture. Tamil is not a language. It is way of life. They breathe Tamil. Now if that identity is perceived to be under threat, there is potential for politics. Add to that, wave of anti Brahminism lead to social surge in a direction with this whole aryan Dravidian politics. Add to this the work done by missionaries who have been rampant with hapless villagers. So, you have nice cocktail of populist communism with layer of identity threat. 

But what they miscalculated was that Tamilians are inherently devotional. It’s in out ethos. And atheism has not found the kind of traction one would have thought. In fact the trends are reversing. Hence, I think DMK will pivot in my view. 

Good boy ata boy you are getting trained well. Now repeat after me its not a freaking raam temple its a murugan kovil + biryani/ quarter. 

See i dont think bjp have issue with any hindu deity. It really not just about Ram. Kashi (Shiva) is also equally important.

The recent vel (Murugan) yatra got good feedback in Tn. In wb its Jai Ma Durga. Pm Modi is on record of saying he is a devotee of Somnath (Shiva) and is the president of the trust. The patron deity of Bjp maharashtra unit (my home state) is Lord Ganesha ( son of Shiva).  Bjp local units have organised Ganapati celebrations for decades.

Its the Tn media that project the Bjp as being only for Ram. Ram being projected as north Indian. Tomorrow there is a movement for Kashi temple area to be reclaimed (Murugan being an important Shivaite deity) the same people will come up with some other excuse. The elephant in the room is control of media. Bjp lacks a counter to the Sun tv group or Jaya tv etc on narrative.

Purely as a political duopoly we need to credit Aiadmk and Dmk. Total control of the media and institutions in the state.  Not only national parties but local Tn based parties have found it hard to escape this narrative onslaught. 

There have been several instances in the local past that dmk and aiadmk cadre regardless of alliance have worked together to  bring down parties like bjp and congress. 

On 2/22/2021 at 6:19 PM, velu said:

saffronising tiruvalluvar wont go well with DK/DMK guys .. they hate his oruvanuku culture more than anyone else   :giggle:

old stamp of tiruvalluvar shows him without vibuthi though .. not sure who started revising him for votes first 

Kural_old-1.jpg?fit=459,400&ssl=1

valluva-nayanar1.jpg?w=600&h=854

220px-Thiruvalluvar_1960_stamp_of_India.

Probably even before independence. Here's a tidbit for @coffee_rules. Its all the fault of his and his sasural's kind :mad:

Erode Venkata Ramasamy was born on 17 September 1879 to a Kannada[14]Balija merchant family[15][16][17] in Erode, then a part of the Coimbatore district of the Madras Presidency.[18] E. V. Ramasamy's father is Venkatappa Nayakar (or Venkata), and his mother was Chinnathyee, Muthammal. He had one elder brother named Krishnaswamy and two sisters named Kannamma and Ponnuthoy.[1][18] He later came to be known as "Periyar" meaning 'respected one' or 'elder' in the Tamil.[1][19][20][21][22]

E. V. Ramasamy married when he was 19, and had a daughter who lived for only 5 months. His first wife, Nagammai, died in 1933.[23] E.V. Ramasamy married for a second time in July 1948.[24] His second wife, Maniammai, continued E. V. Ramasamy's social work after his death in 1973, and his ideas then were advocated by Dravidar Kazhagam.[25]

In 1929, E. V. Ramasamy announced the deletion of his caste title Naicker from his name at the First Provincial Self-Respect Conference of Chengalpattu.[26] He could speak three Dravidian languages: Kannada, Telugu and Tamil.[

2 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

Probably even before independence. Here's a tidbit for @coffee_rules. Its all the fault of his and his sasural's kind :mad:

nayakar caste is Telugu even if they migrated from Karnataka :dontknow:

off-topic:-

We really can’t assign anyone’s  mother tongue based on caste ,

many idiots started mentioning Gounder’s are Kannadigas just because customs are similar to vokkaliga Gounder’s who speak Kannada ( latest  addition To this theory is Anand  Srinivasan ) 

As long as admk is there and retain its vote share , bjp won’t grow easily in TN .. 

People who don’t like DMK will vote for admk , and whoever don’t like ADMK will vote for DMK ..

Other  parties just fight for #3 to #7 slots ..
congress got few MP seats in TN because Stalin was little generous with them..  :facepalm: