Gabba weather watch

Gollum

10 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

While BBC shows rain all through tomorrow morning, Accuweather and Brisbane (Queensland) Govt weather shows cloudy day with low chances of rain.

We need our resident experts to confirm

Yes exactly. My best guess is 30-35 overs will be lost

22 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Yes exactly. My best guess is 30-35 overs will be lost

If that happens we are basically left with 160 odd overs with 5 or so sessions.

Can't see Australia declaring before a 300+ lead considering Sydney/ 1st innings here. For that they need another 250 runs or atleast 2 and a half sessions.

I feel India will then have either to bat out day 5 for a draw or depending upon the start we get, might actually go for it with Pan/ Agrawal attacking and Pujara / Rahane anchoring the innings.

Whatever it is, if not for a 36 a.o type freak brainfade, we are not losing this match !!!!

56 minutes ago, Tridibans_16 said:

If that happens we are basically left with 160 odd overs with 5 or so sessions.

Can't see Australia declaring before a 300+ lead considering Sydney/ 1st innings here. For that they need another 250 runs or atleast 2 and a half sessions.

I feel India will then have either to bat out day 5 for a draw or depending upon the start we get, might actually go for it with Pan/ Agrawal attacking and Pujara / Rahane anchoring the innings.

Whatever it is, if not for a 36 a.o type freak brainfade, we are not losing this match !!!!

Basically in Adelaide where we got bowled out we played 22 overs. So with rain looming at the max we will be playing 55 -57 overs extra on top of it ie 80 overs. The main thing is if the new ball is played out after 20 overs ball gets soft. With rain and wet outfield and no sun, the pitch is not being baked to break up and the outfield is making sure there is no reverse..the only thing batsmen need to do is concentrate and not play rash shots

8 hours ago, neel roy said:

@Soldier any comments resident expert 

https://m.weatherzone.com.au/qld/brisbane/brisbane/next48hours

Heavy shower for half the day apparently. So? Weather is quite ominous at the moment. Cloudy. 

Ominous signs for Australia? Might get bowled our cheaply if Warner gets out. 

India no longer has C team the backups are good. Yes it's a C level bowlers for India but they can actually hold the bat. 

I think it's high time we use an All rounder type lineup more often in Sena along with 2 of our main quicks

Jaddu at 6

Ashwin at 7

Shardul or pandya at 8

Sundar at 9 if necessary or Bhuvi

Bumrah

Shami or Ishant

This is a deadly combo. N.z would have got pasted if we just picked the right sleections. 

31 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Its bloody come down to the last day. Givr us some hope rain gods. The cracks have widened. Balls misbehaving.. i m tense.. 

NhA I think we can wipe them out even on a 5th day pitch. The scums won the toss and fluked their way into a 300 plus score twice because we dropped some easy catches. 

I am sure they will drop a few too. We can take advantage. They are scared of India C. India C isn't really a C team though. They can beat most sides. But yes our current bowlers are C grade level however they are still of decent quality. Nothing compared to our frontline bowlers.

Can't trust BBC or any of the weather apps (at least the ones I checked).  Brisbane was showing rain/thundery showers almost the whole day yesterday but that did not happen.

Any reliable weather sources people are aware of?

I'd rather we don't play the 5th day, with the pitch misbehaving do not want any more injuries.

Even if we draw we retain the trophy, that is enough.