Spin friendly pitches: India's nemesis

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Never ever compromise our spin advantage. Never. We will always be a spin friendly cricketing nation. Only problem for other teams now is India's ability to produce world class fast bowlers as well. 

They could have prepared a spin friendly track without it turning into dust Bowl on day 1. There's no need to go this extreme

8 hours ago, express bowling said:

Stats show a vastly different picture in the last 4 years

In tests in India ....

3 best averages are by our pacers 

144 wickets by pacers vs 169 wickets by spinners.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin2=10;qualval2=wickets;spanmax1=15+Feb+2021;spanmin1=01+Jan+2017;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

Can you remove afg , Bangladesh & South Africa and check .

11 hours ago, express bowling said:

Stats show a vastly different picture in the last 4 years

In tests in India ....

3 best averages are by our pacers 

144 wickets by pacers vs 169 wickets by spinners.

https://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/stats/index.html?class=1;filter=advanced;home_or_away=1;orderby=bowling_average;qualmin2=10;qualval2=wickets;spanmax1=15+Feb+2021;spanmin1=01+Jan+2017;spanval1=span;team=6;template=results;type=bowling

That’s absolutely amazing. But if you see overs column, you will see massive amount of hard work done by our spinners which keeps our pacers fresh. It also reflects that in matches, they are our main weapon, Not because they are better than our pacers, but because opponents are better at negotiating against the pacers compared to our own batsmen.

We must not forget that cricket ball we use is different then what we are given in overseas. I am not a expert but based on experience all i can say is a new SG ball seams and swings a lot more compared to kookabura or dukes atleast in English conditions.  Its bloody unplayable but as soon as shine is gone which happens very quickly it becomes useless. And imo, that ball itself is what brings advantage to Indian spinners vis a vis foreign spinners 

Edited by mishra
2 minutes ago, mishra said:

That’s absolutely amazing. But if you see overs column, you will see massive amount of hard work done by our spinners which keeps our pacers fresh. It also reflects that in matches, they are our main weapon, Not because they are better than our pacers, but because opponents are better at negotiating against the pacers compared to our own batsmen.

We must not forget that cricket ball we use is different then what we are given in overseas. I am not a expert but based on experience all i can say is a new SG ball seams and swings a lot more compared to kookabura or dukes atleast in English conditions.  Its bloody unplayable but as soon as shine is gone which happens very quickly it becomes useless. And imo, that ball itself is what brings advantage to Indian spinners vis a vis foreign spinners 

The SG ball starts reversing after 15 overs if maintained properly. This time saliva usage is not allowed. When things become normal, pacers will become even better in India, when they can shine one side of the older ball using saliva.

5 hours ago, mishra said:

Our pace bowlers are the best in the world. Full strength pace attack is the best in the world. Our spin attack is the best in the world. Our second string spin attack is also up there. Period.

13 minutes ago, Number said:

Will Ahmedabad prove to be another sinkhole for us ?

From last 4 innings we can safely say our batsmen are just not good enough to last on a spin friendly track.

Good enough as in what's expected here? They scored 500 runs in last match. I doubt any line up would have scored more than that.

4 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Good enough as in what's expected here? They scored 500 runs in last match. I doubt any line up would have scored more than that.

I am pretty sure if we had batted second, we would have collapsed under pressure and lost. Even if England had scored only 220 first innings (BTW, we scored 615 runs last match)

Edited by New guy
13 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Good enough as in what's expected here? They scored 500 runs in last match. I doubt any line up would have scored more 

At least 250-300 is expected on this pitch. Here we are finding it difficult to cross 150, and it would have been same story in the last match both innings if Ashwin and Rohit had gone cheaply.

21 minutes ago, Jay said:

Lol they would be stupid to do that vs our pace attack. Even Thakur will become dangerous there. So imagine what Siraj bumrah and Ishant can do. 

Problem is our batters.. Bowlers will do the job.  Our guys have serious lack of skill when it comes to batting on soft wickets. 

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Our guys have serious lack of skill when it comes to batting on soft wickets. 

Every batter struggles on them, just like our batters struggle on "bunsens" like this one. Last tour one major issue was lower order batting, when the ball is old in Eng/NZ it's the easiest time to bat - but we had no one doing that, except Pant in the very last innings & Jadeja in the last test. I'm not sure Eng will go the same way considering they also have an Ashes to regain - so if their batters don't score any runs they'll likely be routed 4/5 - nil down under! Having said that I'd still like to stack the lower order batting with the likes of Pant, Jadeja, Thakur &/or BK. As much as were can praise the bowlers for doing well last time they were *ing god awful with the bat :facepalm:

We absolutely need lower order hitting, as well as good proper team selections - unlike picking two spinners on a green deck at Lord's under the lights :whack2:

31 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

Every batter struggles on them, just like our batters struggle on "bunsens" like this one. Last tour one major issue was lower order batting, when the ball is old in Eng/NZ it's the easiest time to bat - but we had no one doing that, except Pant in the very last innings & Jadeja in the last test. I'm not sure Eng will go the same way considering they also have an Ashes to regain - so if their batters don't score any runs they'll likely be routed 4/5 - nil down under! Having said that I'd still like to stack the lower order batting with the likes of Pant, Jadeja, Thakur &/or BK. As much as were can praise the bowlers for doing well last time they were *ing god awful with the bat :facepalm:

We absolutely need lower order hitting, as well as good proper team selections - unlike picking two spinners on a green deck at Lord's under the lights :whack2:

Indeed Lower order batting matters in England..  It's very tough for Top 4-5 to last long.  Ishant is probably our best new ball bowler with dukes along with Bumrah.  Shami is waste of a spot there as he bowls back of a length most of the time..  I want to see Siraj over Shardul though but I get that Shardul brings more firepower in the Tail. 

Hopefully our guys get a good look of Jamieson in IPl & thrash him so badly so that it shatters his confidence badly...  Before WTC final.  If we do end up winning the final I reckon we will have a great shot of beating England.