Flashback: When Sehwag won Ind the CT2002

zen

Viru had a blast in the 2002CT, scoring 271 runs (most runs) at a SR of 120, while averaging 90. In the SF, when SA (the winner of the inaugural 1998 CT) appeared set to win, he also bowled a magnificent spell. In the final, he was in the process of smashing SL but rains interrupted to make Ind share the final with SL. 

It was a big moment for team Ind as it was Ind's major tournament win after the 1985 WSC in Aus ... Viru :hatsoff:

Also an old thread on Viru below:

Edited by zen
7 hours ago, Gollum said:

Think we were lucky to share that trophy. Saw a lot of ODI cricket in that era and remember how similar Ind-SL matches would unfold, especially in finals with Dada in charge. 

No man. The target wasn't high on both ocassions and that team had started to show spine while chasing ( Natwest F that same year). India were favorites if only slightly. 

1 hour ago, AuxiliA said:

No man. The target wasn't high on both ocassions and that team had started to show spine while chasing ( Natwest F that same year). India were favorites if only slightly. 

Go watch similar games om similar pitches. 

Natwest was patta with england being not a good loi side. Sl had murali and him n jayasuria n middle overs caused havoc. Many similar games happened in lanka where they choke opposition in middle. 

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He didnt have a great team to begin with and then problem  with genius players have been similar expectation from lesser players

Sachin captaincy winning percentage is very low.under azahar and Ganguly India win percentage is pretty good. I think azahar and Sachin have almost same players. I think ganguly have different players. Even Sachin was lead 5 years in ipl. We know what happened. 

15 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

He didnt have a great team to begin with and then problem  with genius players have been similar expectation from lesser players

Wow what a logic. Ganguly and kohli cases they are poor captains. But Sachin didn't have good team. Virat captaincy period not over. Will see what happened

47 minutes ago, King6 said:

Sachin captaincy winning percentage is very low.under azahar and Ganguly India win percentage is pretty good. I think azahar and Sachin have almost same players. I think ganguly have different players. Even Sachin was lead 5 years in ipl. We know what happened. 

Sachin ganguly all struggled getting in grips for t20.

And i gave a 2nd logic sachin expectation

I still remember the night. SL’s total was below par, dew was going to come in, Sehwag looked unstoppable ... it started to drizzle, Vaas was bowling, people thought Sehwag would play for the rain but no the last or 2nd last ball before everyone went in was dispatched for a 6 :dance: