Will SDP (Hardik) get to play tests soon?

zen

Just now, Jay said:

He scored vs guys like Daniel Sam. 

Aus don't have all 140 plus bowlers. There are like maybe 3 max. Not many can consistently bowl 140 plus in tests. 

As for pandya in T20 and odi I only saw him smoke Sam and co. 

Don't get me wrong I like the guy but I am yet to see him take out 140 plus good bowlers. 

Did u miss odi series or wc 2019

Starc n cummins played those games 

Didnt he smash rabada n nortje recentlu in IPL. This high pace ur talking is 150 which even dhoni, pollard, russell isnt comfortable at 

32 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Did u miss odi series or wc 2019

Starc n cummins played those games 

Didnt he smash rabada n nortje recentlu in IPL. This high pace ur talking is 150 which even dhoni, pollard, russell isnt comfortable at 

He dint play vs Australia in 2019- 20 odi series at home when Starc and co played. 

I have never seen him being able to take on 140 plus bowlers. I din't say 150. 

I specifically said international cricket. 

He did well in a one off WC game. Not in a series though vs 140 plus bowlers. 

I don't even rate Dhoni at all vs pace. He never looked comfortable. 

Edited by Jay

The main issue for me is that the consolidators are not scoring enough runs in tests these days. Happening across the world.

It could be the high quality bowling or challenging pitches ... probably a bit of both.

Best option is to score fast these days. 

So, it is better to pick the fast scorers as very few batsmen will last more than 100 to 150 balls.

Hardik is one such batsman and he can play both high pace as well as spin. His 5th bowler's role is a bonus.

Edited by express bowling
27 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The main issue for me is that the consolidators ard not scoring enough runs in tests these days. Happening across the world.

It could be the high quality bowling or challenging pitches ... probably a bit of both.

So, it is better to pick the fast scorers as very few will last more than 100 to 150 balls.

Hardik is one such batsman and he can play both high pace as well as spin. His 5th bowler's role is a bonus.

Definitely brilliant bowling plus drs. 

It's just top class high level bowling. Best ever in my opinion. This era has the best ever bowling by far apart from West Indies quartlet. 

40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The main issue for me is that the consolidators ard not scoring enough runs in tests these days. Happening across the world.

So, it is better to pick the fast scorers as very few will last more than 100 to 150 balls.

What's the use of fast single digit scores? 

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

What's the use of fast single digit scores? 

Hardik is averaging 31.3 despite playing 7 of his 10 test matches in England and South Africa.

If you check the averages of most other batsmen in the tests he played, it won't be high.

Moreover, as players play more tests, their averages go up as they mature as batsmen. 

Give him a run of 15 more tests and I would be surprised if he does not add value to this batting line-up.

2 minutes ago, Cricspin said:

Hardik in tests ??? I dont see any pie for him right now.  

We have great spin allrounders in Ashwin and Jadeja, Sundar has come through.

We need proper fast bowlers and Good quality batsmen.  Playing Hardik means you have to drop a match winning test quality bowler or a batsman.

Dare I say Thakur is a challenge to Hardik for a test spot in the fast bowling all rounder category. 

Hardik is a middle order batsman who bowls a bit.

And all our middle order batsmen are not contributing with the bat in test matches except Pant.

14 hours ago, Cricspin said:

Yes, I get that. But was just replying from perspective of considering him as an all rounder. This is why I am saying we will have to sacrifice a Batsman or someone like Jadeja/Ashwin to squeeze Hardik. 

The only way Hardik makes it to the team is to be good enough top 5 level batsman because Pant is one of the top 6.

I think Sundar has shown enough Batting potential to be tried in top 5. In my book ahead of Hardik.

Spots often open up due to injuries or players opting out or real bad form of a stalwart. The TM must be prepared to use Hardik if such things happen. 

Agree that Sundar is higher in the pecking order as a test batsman.

20 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Kohli has said he is the all rounder for them in all 3 formats once he is giving it all in his bowling and hardik has said in next to 6-8 months he ll be there

If the team backs him, there is nothing like it ... Missed out on playing on some good batting surfaces in Eng (last test), Ind and Aus (2 tours), while Ind lost an opportunity to develop his extraordinary potential even further