Vijay Hazare Trophy 2021

Prabhsimran 167(140). On a good run first in SMAT and now here as well.  If given a chance at the top, could have a breakthrough IPL.

Paddikal having great run here and Shaw always keep reminding that you can't forget him.  Lot of competition for the top order slots.  Gill must be feeling the pressure with a string of low scores.

Chandigarh consisting of Punjab discards and those unable to breakthrough doing well so far.  Opens up space for players and more competition. Likes of Sandeep and Kaul have been first choice pacers for Punjab and haven't seen new pacers for a while.   Arslan Khan has played a few good innings for Chandigarh. 

6 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Of all the players, I would like to see these 2 given a chance for atleast 3-matches. Now sure how good SKY’s repo with Mr. Egomaniac 

That's why a player should never have too much power. Unless player worshipping stops in India, things won't change when it comes to prejudiced selection quota.

14 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Just like Samson, I am not sold on Kishan either. Yes, looks a million dollar on his day but temperamentally volatile. It reflects in his performance and consistency. And the reason to like Pant is exactly because underneath the carefree exterior, he's temperamentally rock solid.

Problem with Samson is he has all the power & elegance in the world but he lacks game sense plus looks to take spinners mostly on long on & long off..  As found out in the 2nd T20 vs Aus he tried to hit a short ball off a leggie to long off & got out despite hitting it well..  Whereas someone like Kishan would opt for a slog sweep into midwicket &,  fetch himself a six.  

Both Pant & Samson have found it tough to do the job in T20I whenever they get to play it.  

I have always believed the best use of Pant is at the top in Powerplay as he handles movement better & plays late unlike other Indian batters & we know he has the shots. 

Kishan must be tried at no 4 first..  Eoin Morgan type role will suit him.  Smash spinners into oblivion 

45 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

You are underestimating him as a batsman. He is obviously challenged by short ball but it's not that extreme. He has a wonderful record and has not anything wrong to get axed from ODI. 

I hope he proves you right ,but he won't

The more he plays the more he crushes expectations

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Honestly he did nothing wrong till the Aus series. You cannot be judged by that one ball in first odi. And he had a middling Ipl and so did many. He didnt do anything wrong before that, played a good odi series against Australia, was fantastic in NZ.. scored a century.. what more do u want from a no 4 batsman.. he played a short cameo in the t20 series win in Aus as well... dont compare his intl outings with other domestic players scoring runs for fun in domestic pitches.. and ipl.. it skews the view.. pressure is different facing starc in adelaide and facing a domestic bowler ..

2 hours ago, Suhaan said:

I can't stand iyer sorry. I agree with you. He is hopeless vs short ball. Sky may average slightly less in first class (47) and 40 odd in odi but he is way more clutch. His technique is solid and he has the game to play in Sena. 

Iyer can be home bully. 

2 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Honestly he did nothing wrong till the Aus series. You cannot be judged by that one ball in first odi. And he had a middling Ipl and so did many. He didnt do anything wrong before that, played a good odi series against Australia, was fantastic in NZ.. scored a century.. what more do u want from a no 4 batsman.. he played a short cameo in the t20 series win in Aus as well... dont compare his intl outings with other domestic players scoring runs for fun in domestic pitches.. and ipl.. it skews the view.. pressure is different facing starc in adelaide and facing a domestic bowler ..

He did well vs Starc in India though tbf.

However his ability vs short ball is really underwhelming when he toured down under. Like really pathetic, hence I can't rate him for overseas tours. Luckily for him next WC is in India.