BCCI likely to send a second string side for Asia Cup 2021

8 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I'd replace axar with tewatia, 7 might be too high for him. And if bhuvi is fit, he should be in England

The reason I have kept Axar is because this squad lacks experience and I don't want too many new guys.  

Bhuvi hasn't played FC cricket in a long time and his fitness level is not that good now. Can't risk him in a test match all of a sudden. 

I would prefer Siraj and Shardul as swing bowlers in England ... as they are test match fit now.

1 minute ago, Vijy said:

axar has batted many times at 6 or 7 in domestics. if one ignores his ODIs, his List A avg and SR are both impressive. he is a much better bowler than tewatia.

We need an explosive finisher at 7, so that 4-6 can bat with more positive intent. Besides axar will never make it to Wt20 team with Jadeja present, it's better to test tewatia and see if he's international material and can be played in Wt20. If axar plays, chahal should be dropped

On 3/8/2021 at 11:47 PM, Sooda said:

vs NZ:

Rohit, Gill, Pujara, Virat, Rahane, Pant, Ashwin, Shardul, Jasprit, Ishant , Siraj

Shami, Pandya, Jadeja, Rahul, Vihari, Sundar, Saha

vs SL and for Asia Cup

Dhawan, Kishan, Mayank, Iyer, Surya Kumar, Axar, Tewatia, Bhuvaneshwar, Natarajan, Saini, Kuldeep

Samson, Chakravarty, Chahal, Paddikal, P Krishna, D Chahar, N Rana

Definitely think Dhawan should play in the Asia Cup, he would be good for the kids. Teach them thigh slapping when taken a catch.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Definitely think Dhawan should play in the Asia Cup, he would be good for the kids. Teach them thigh slapping when taken a catch.

Hahaha on a serious note..  Dhawan is a cool customer.  He will come handy if in case Things go south.  It's always useful to have 1-2 experienced guys tag along with youngsters. 

2 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Hahaha on a serious note..  Dhawan is a cool customer.  He will come handy if in case Things go south.  It's always useful to have 1-2 experienced guys tag along with youngsters. 

yes, a couple of experienced players is fine, but not more. hopefully padikkal and/or shaw can be the other opener. would rather see mayank at 3, assuming he's not in test squad.

On 3/8/2021 at 6:32 PM, SecondSlip said:

Which 3 players do you want in their spots? 

Dhawan is one of the best batsmen in IPL and Iyer’s captaincy has been really good in the past 2 seasons as well. They won’t be dropped at all especially for a second-string team. 

Hardik Pandya will be in England with the test squad so the second best pace-bowling allrounder we have is Shivam Dube. We will need a 6th bowling option if we want to win this Asia cup. 

Iyer captaincy has been shoddy to say the least which is why DC keeps picking experienced guys like ash, smith, rahane to help on field and rest time ponting takes call from dugout .

Dhawan IPL stats are meaningless 

But since India A is also going its will be the remaining bunch. So dhawan , iyer, manish all will go 

Dhawan 

Samson 

Manish 

Iyer 

Kishen 

Sky 

Tewatia 

Axar 

Yuzi 

Nattu 

Varun. C

These guys wud go 95% 

Rest these guys are 50-50

Dube - seems like has fallen out favour n rightly so 

Krunal - also seems out of favour 

Rahul chahar- strangely has been ignored a lot . Since tewatia n chahal wud go so chance might be less 

Devdutt - might be rewarded 

Fast bowlers - ipl perfomances can be rewarded . So cant say

Deepak chahar - i hope he goes to england 

Dk - he ll still be in my plans , one of thw best finishers in country. 

K gowtham - lack of off spinner might help his case in squad

Shaw/Samson

Dhawan

Shreyas

SKY

Kishan

Dube?? ( think HP will go for Asia cup)

Tewatia/Axar

Chahar

Bhuvi/ Saini/Shardul

Natarajan

Yuzi/VC

This will be the team. Imagine one of Shaw or Samson will still sit out, MP may also sit out. There is an outside chance of KL Rahul being sent to Asia Cup too and Indian team will keep Mayank as backup opener and Vihari as backup middle order.

Actually Indian B side will thrash all the Asian sides easily. We will also compete and maybe win against South Africa. The team should be something like this -

Rahul (c)

Padikkal

Ishan Kishan (k)

SKY

Samson

Abdul Samad

Riyan Parag

Tewatia

Deepak Chahar

Rahul Chahar

Prasidh Krishna

The above team will thrash Pakistan, Sri Lanka with ease. I'm also confident against Afghanistan but will be a close match. Match against Bangladesh will be fun as well.

6 hours ago, DeepSpace said:

Padosis should have poyzz with more tailunt on kaagaz. Expect our second string batters to be blown away by the phassht bawling pawaarhouzz! :giggle:

The tailunt of their phaasst bowlers will be destroyed by the likes of Rahul and Ishan Kishan. 

Poyzz were riding so high after Champions trophy. 

Poor lads got obliterated in Asia cup. Was good to bring them down to earth. 

Boy would I love to see a test series vs them ROFL. 

I am confident we can pummel them even in Pakistan. 

Even their goat Misbah team wouldn't do sh*t vs virat's India in Dubai or Islamabad.