IPL ... Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners ....

express bowling

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I doubt they will take that risk in the decider test...  But maybe Rohit will go out of the box??  Haris Rauf is bowling very well in county though 

I'd take a punt only if hes used to 5 day cricket

6 hours ago, nsareen said:

Well I’m not an expert or have understood science behind it,
however its pretty evident that speeds recorded in certain grounds vary for the same bowler, if its instant speed then this should not matter much where they are bowling, but from observations it doesn’t seem so..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There are a lot of factors that affect the speed of bowlers. If a pitch has good bounce, and gives a zip to the ball after pitching, the ball will appear quicker, come on to the batsman quicker and will encourage the bowler to bowl quick. On low bounce pitches, its going to be the opposite. 

The altitude level and weather conditions also play a part. However, it wont affect the speed gun. 

12 hours ago, nsareen said:

Well I’m not an expert or have understood science behind it,
however its pretty evident that speeds recorded in certain grounds vary for the same bowler, if its instant speed then this should not matter much where they are bowling, but from observations it doesn’t seem so..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are surely not an expert, in previous messages it has been clarified that its not an as you put it instant speed ( which is an oxymoron) but its a speed measured at release end, any object needs to travel to have a speed so at an instant in time it has zero speed. Broadcasting corporations have multiple doppler speed guns and some have high speed camera based speed measurement with auto ball tracking frame by frame. In Australia there was a habit of using the highest of three measurements to get the crowd going, often it's useful to compare speed in a particular game or tournament as a result. Also when there is a downward slope and or wind from the back bowlers get better speeds, so match conditions matter, if its wet the ball is soggy and release speeds suffer. 

Edited by Vilander

10 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Nagarkoti has potential for T20 and odi need him to be backed and given lot of chances. These one off chances are not helping him. Plus he is electric on the field and has decent batting ability. Instead DC is giving chances to trundlers like Sakariya.

Edited by Mosher

58 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Nagarkoti has a potential for T20 and odi need him to be backed and given lot of chances. These one off chances are not helping him. Plus he is electric on the field and has decent batting ability. Instead DC is giving chances to trundlers like Sakariya.

Nagarkoti as a package is better than Sakaria any day

But his quota gets filled with other fast bowlers

Sakaria types fill trundler quota,with this i mean bowler who have a so called reputation of being t20 bowlers who make subtle change in pace ,have more variations

In reality,Sakaria types have only one delivery 120k dollies