Number of catches dropped by Indian players is at a historic peak!

Texan

Every time a catch goes up and an Indian player or more than one player is under it, my bet is that more than half of these are being put down these days. 

What is going on?

Not enough catching practice? Unable to take these under pressure? What else?

Hope BCCI is taking note. I would have said TM should take note, but Kohli himself is King of dropped catches. 

1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

You should also note that as batsmen playing more shots, they are giving more catches than normal, so, drop rate is also more than normal. 

That is true in T20, but doesn't justify the increase in rate of dropped catches. It seems like even basic stuff like calling for a catch is not happening. 

9 minutes ago, Vk1 said:

agree.. most players are clueless when it comes to tough catches.

Many of our boys can't manage the easy ones either.

The catch off Russel that Bumrah dropped looked very easy*. His eyes were not on the ball. He ran awkwardly. And completely mistimed it. Looked like a regulation catch.

(*) Easy based on my grand total of zero hours experience of playing cricket.

Please don’t take these catch drops seriously. These are IPL catch drops... Various methods used like using Hard Hands, Slippery Hands, Misjudgement, collision etc. This is part and parcel of keeping the match on “Auto Pilot” for a “tight” finish. Bookies love these catch drops...