IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

59 minutes ago, AuxiliA said:

Yeah let's redirect all the money paid to Indian stadiums, hotels, logistic services, staff etc to thier UAE counterparts. That should surely help us fight Covid. 

Bhai kahan se late ho itna gyaan... 

to start with; the hundreds of tests being wasted daily on  these IPL prima donnas. Country has shortage of testing kits 

17 minutes ago, Astros said:

to start with; the hundreds of tests being wasted daily on  these IPL prima donnas. Country has shortage of testing kits 

First of all, everyone related to IPL being tested isn't a 'prima donna'. Most of them are regular staff members, who are also civilians of this country like you and me. 

Secondly, the BCCI pays for all these expenses not the Govt. On top of that they also pay enormous amount of tax for every IPL game. Also, a few hundred daily tests are just a drop in the ocean of daily tests conducted in India. 

Thirdly, BCCI has done a commendable job(till now) of maintaining the Bubble. There's no way anyone can blame the IPL for spreading Covid even one bit. Ironically the Indians in the IPL bubble are much safer from Covid than an average person in India. 

Fourth, I know people don't care much about mental health in India, but having some entertainment in form of IPL certainly helps people locked in their houses or hospitals. 

9 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

If u dnt know someone nationality then dont even. Everyone is a proud citizen of their country ...least of all no one wants a certificate from someone else for their nationality. I have been called same here by as well. I mean kon maanga certificate tumse . 

It is actually one “female” poster here. Talks rubbish,  calls people Pakistanis when they express hatred for the entitlement at IPL when the nation is in unprecedented dire straits.

when one retaliates, she goes to the moderators and plays the “female” card. Really despicable entitled people.

Edited by rangeelaraja
7 hours ago, nitinbwj said:

Going by his logic..all the private companies should stop paying the salaries to their employees who are working in curfew restricted timings and donate that to govt for helping in this crisis and If I spend some part of my salary on Netflix or buying new clothes (Retail stores suffer the most during lockdowns) it means I am insensitive as I am watching a movie and buying new clothes and not donating the entire amount to People who need the most. IPL is a business and it will continue as long as its not causing harm to the general public or raising a severe health concern.

Resources expended on the entertainment business ( NOT AN ESSENTIAL BUSINESS ) can be redirected when the country is faced with a paralyzing crisis.  How hard is it to understand this ? 

4 hours ago, AuxiliA said:

First of all, everyone related to IPL being tested isn't a 'prima donna'. Most of them are regular staff members, who are also civilians of this country like you and me. 

Secondly, the BCCI pays for all these expenses not the Govt. On top of that they also pay enormous amount of tax for every IPL game. Also, a few hundred daily tests are just a drop in the ocean of daily tests conducted in India. 

Thirdly, BCCI has done a commendable job(till now) of maintaining the Bubble. There's no way anyone can blame the IPL for spreading Covid even one bit. Ironically the Indians in the IPL bubble are much safer from Covid than an average person in India. 

Fourth, I know people don't care much about mental health in India, but having some entertainment in form of IPL certainly helps people locked in their houses or hospitals. 

When the nation state is paralyzed because of a pandemic, it is just not the govt's responsibility. Big business and citizenry has to pull up their socks.

All non-essential businesses have to be repurposed to the extent possible to fight the pandemic. These are the basics of disaster/crisis management. 

Ofcourse, people will be likely  safe in 5-star/ 7-star bubble - when 1 million times more per capita is expended to maintain that bubble than what a common man get. 

it also seems fair that so much is expended for a "massive" 300-400 odd people that are part of the IPL ecosystem/bubble when the nation is struggling for resources to save lives.

I am not surprised why we are left so behind as a nation state  and why a common  Indian citizen's life is considered so cheap. This happens  when the

" educated " have such a stinking entitled attitude. India can do without such an 'educated' class.

Edited by rangeelaraja

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9525093/Indias-fury-grotesque-IPL-millionaire-cricketers-play-Delhi-Covid-hospital.html

India has reacted with fury at the IPL's 'grotesque' decision to continue playing in Delhi, despite the city being ravaged by a horrific new wave of Covid-19, with deaths mounting and their healthcare system on the brink of collapse.

13 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Reasons as lame and insensitive as "providing relief" have been given to justify continuation of IPL.

There is nothing ethically wrong in continuation of IPL.

Just like there is nothing ethically wrong in going to Vegas or Hawaii for an extravagant vacation when lets say your domestic help or driver of 10 years is battling for his life in the hospital.

It is about sensitivity and out of respect for a national health calamity where 100s of 1000s are severely battling for life, many of whom don't have the means or resources to get healthcare aid.

This basic human value is missing from a lot here at ICF that doesn't think twice before calling others Pakistani, when their callousness is questioned.

This basic human value is the reason why scores of Aussie and foreign cricketers have expressed  borderline guilt at continuing to play IPL. 

This is probably why those countries are 1st world and India is not. As @SRT100 said, respect and sensitivity for human life is very low in India and it shows in the mindset of some posters here.

Its sad actually I cannot believe posters on here are so uneducated. Im not even talking about school or going to uni. Im talking about basic understanding and common sense.

If the board is any indication of the middle class and lower in India, its no surprise that COVID may tear India apart.

31 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Its sad actually I cannot believe posters on here are so uneducated. Im not even talking about school or going to uni. Im talking about basic understanding and common sense.

If the board is any indication of the middle class and lower in India, its no surprise that COVID may tear India apart.

It is nothing but ignorance.

These people do not even understand the difference between essential business and non-essential business during national crisis.

These posters are a microcosm of why India counts so low in terms of dignity of human life and has the worst of civic sense. 

Just like money cannot buy one class and taste, education cannot buy one empathy and common sense.

Edited by rangeelaraja
30 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/sportsnews/article-9525093/Indias-fury-grotesque-IPL-millionaire-cricketers-play-Delhi-Covid-hospital.html

India has reacted with fury at the IPL's 'grotesque' decision to continue playing in Delhi, despite the city being ravaged by a horrific new wave of Covid-19, with deaths mounting and their healthcare system on the brink of collapse.

We called it out much before. 

Every international player feels extremely guilty of being spoilt silly in a country that is struggling to keep up with hospitalizing demand, yet some posters here continue to disgrace themselves, justifying this tamasha, calling it a "business".