IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

Whole cricket calender was scrapped last summer, did it make our lives any better? I don't understand this line of thinking, that ipl is some kind of communal ritual that needs to be performed based on the health of the country. I am sure you are still doing your job from home, making your billion dollar MNC richer every day. Every wing of capitalism is working without a break, just like IPL. You don't have to like it, the show will still go on

4 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Chill dude, what are you doing on a cricket forum in the event of this extraordinary catastrophe? Would you have posted on ICF if you were in the sinking Titanic? Maybe you should re-evaluate your priorities too

Don't worry about my priorities. I do not live in India, like many ICFers it doesn't mean one cannot have an opinion on the extreme crisis India is facing. Talking about joy in such times when thousands around are dying out of lack of oxygen and medicines is bloody idiotic.

7 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Whole cricket calender was scrapped last summer, did it make our lives any better? I don't understand this line of thinking, that ipl is some kind of communal ritual that needs to be performed based on the health of the country. I am sure you are still doing your job from home, making your billion dollar MNC richer every day. Every wing of capitalism is working without a break, just like IPL. You don't have to like it, the show will still go on

By the same logic, cricketing ties must be resumed with Pakistan. Afterall playing or not playing cricket with Pakistan has no direct correlation with Pak's sponsorship of cross border terrorism. We stopped playing bilateral cricket for over a decade, has it stopped cross border terror attacks in Kashmir?

Not everything has to have logic attached.  it is about emotion and conscience. IPL is an extravagance, a cricketing tamasha.

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

@New guy

You were, are and will always remain a brainless piece of shyte without any emotional conscience. 

I'd like to see the "joy" on your ugly face when your neighbors, relatives and loved ones pass away in a matter of days.

The nation in a state of war like none it has ever fought and an S*** like you talks about "joy".

Duse when a nation is in crisis, such things are a huge moral booster

You cannot give in to despair or throw the towel in.. people are literally in a lockdowb not stepping out and you want to take away one joy too? What should Indians do, lay down and wait to die?

In previous  major crisis in history entertainers were amongst the most in demand and its proven that joy boosts your immunity more than despair

P.S. my father in law died of covid on Friday and my mother has been down with it for 2 weeks now 

Edited by New guy

I do not follow IPL a great deal, but untill the bubble is breached, I don't see any logic of stopping it midway. I see a far cry from Pakistanis on IPL continuing despite the Pandemic at its peak, but its the same set of people who went after PCB with daggers in their hands for not ensuring the Bubble safety during the PSL which resulted in the rescheduling of the tournament. There is a clear hypocrisy on part of Pakistanis and their forums are flooded with anti IPL sentiments. Yes we are in the peak of pandemic, but in a country of 1.3bn, if IPL is providing some sort of or entertainment for people who are confined to the 4 walls of their rooms, then it's doing more good than the bad. As they say, the Show must go On!

Edited by Sean Bradley

Ipl generates income for many.....if few are earning in this hard time whats wrong. Its not that only players earn their are many many that earn from it. Due to lockdown many suffer financially a lot if some are earning what the harm. Let the money keep flowing somewhere. Advertiseting industry, hotel industy, state associations, apps , domestic players, TV channels and so many more. 

Thoda to ssoch ke bolo.... 

With whats going around and staying at home can mentally affect many so if it takes find of for some for few hours...why not ?

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
5 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

Uber spoilt fricking cricketers with their stupid fricking antics can F% off.

Also ur on cricketing foru,....respect the game and cricketers. 

Its not that they wakeup take pictures and get money, its a hard job where u have to play at ur highest fitness level and mental levels. Its nt easy for them to keep their mind fully foccused on game. Its their job n daily livelihood as well 

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

By the same logic, cricketing ties must be resumed with Pakistan. Afterall playing or not playing cricket with Pakistan has no direct correlation with Pak's sponsorship of cross border terrorism. We stopped playing bilateral cricket for over a decade, has it stopped cross border terror attacks in Kashmir

I personally have no problem with it. Its a shame that our politicians turned it into political issue, I don't want another part of cricket ruined like that. In case you didn't notice, india is a poor countries with ton of problems every year. Would it be fair to play ipl when farmers are protesting? Would it be nice to organise this extravaganza when bihar and Assam are flooding, when heat wave is killing in South India, when climate change is disrupting monsoons etc? We should actually stop having any nice things until india becomes a developed country

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

I don't think so..  However I do want to see some highly paid Indian cricketers to donate some kind of money or assistance to health authorities any way possible. 

Scrapping IPl has some economic ramifications so the show must go on. 

Yup, heck make the *s pay up!

7 hours ago, New guy said:

P.S. my father in law died of covid on Friday and my mother has been down with it for 2 weeks now 

Very sorry to hear. Prayers for quick recovery of your mother. 

IPL is not Team India playing. It is an extravaganza where the entitled owners of franchises run a tamasha.

It is pukeworthy and extremely disgusting to see the extraordinary  7 star care given to a handful of overpaid cricketers participating in this tamasha, while the common man dies without bare necessities. Showing all of this on TV I feel is just rubbing it in. 

47 minutes ago, ash said:

Misplaced anger on display. Question the politicians and the govt institutions, not the players who are just doing their job and keeping people at home.

If there is no sentiments here...and it is about the politicians and govt institutions ...

Then we should play cricket with Pak too ( regardless of their cross border terror ) ...it is the rogue Pak Mil ,  ISI and the Mullahs to blame for the cross border terrorism....it is not the cricketer's fault.

What hypocrisy.

Edited by rangeelaraja