IPL 2021 must be stopped and scrapped ....do the IPL organizers have no conscience ????

27 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Youre not educated, I cant begin to explain all this to you. Good luck. India looks like it will be going into a major depression.

Dont worry, I hope your IPL team wins. Thats all that counts while most of the country dies.

Lol

27 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Youre not educated, I cant begin to explain all this to you. Good luck. India looks like it will be going into a major depression.

Dont worry, I hope your IPL team wins. Thats all that counts while most of the country dies.

You are so educated that you can’t answer a valid question without throwing an insult. 

Other than financially impacting those involved canceling the IPL won’t do thing to fight COVID. 

comparing cancellations of sporting events when people knew very little about the virus or weren’t in a bio secure bubble isn’t the same. 

yes IPL is played for money not to provide a sense of normalcy, just like you immigrated to another  country to earn money, just like others work to earn money. It’s about money, no denying that. 

Edited by IndianRenegade

In my experience, anything good that happens in India irks three sets of people the most - Pakistani due to jealousy plus  westerners and a specific section of NRIs who cannot digest India not confirming to their stereotypes of a filthy hungry country.

How dare a third world country try and manage covid and a successful international tournament.

Samples on this thread.

5 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

Yes I have lived in India when I have stayed over there, so I understand and appreciate the issues and challenges India has.

Look if you think the IPL should go ahead while the country is being broken down and torn apart, then you are part of the problem.

Thanks. Like I said your 'educated' opinion counts for zilch.

Share it with your Aussie mates and tell them the stories of how poor and dirty India is. May help you to fit in better.

Just now, beetle said:

So sad that the only educated sensible person has moved out of India to Australia.

May be that is why Australia has no covid and we have so much .

I will explain to you in simple terms, the IPL going ahead is done for those financially invested in the tournament, they have no interest or care what is happening to the every day Indian like yourself.

Playing and supporting a tournament like this while the country is ravaged by COVID shows just how out of touch some are with reality. It also explains why the average person is not taking COVID seriously. Until life stops, there will be many in India that will continue to spread COVID.

If the IPL is so great, why not have more tournaments once its ended? Lets have a festival of sport, while Indians are dying literally outside the stadium on the street.

2 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

In my experience, anything good that happens in India irks three sets of people the most - Pakistani due to jealousy plus  westerners and a specific section of NRIs who cannot digest India not confirming to their stereotypes of a filthy hungry country.

How dare a third world country try and manage covid and a successful international tournament.

Samples on this thread.

you sound like a sample yourself.

Manage Covid ?? 350000 infections per days and 1000s of People are dying for lack of oxygen and one should celebrate and appreciate how some cricketers are kept secure in 7 star bio bubble and a tournament without Spectors is run “successfully” while there is death and despair all around.

With a discompassionate mindset like this, how do you see yourself in the mirror ? 

4 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Share it with your Aussie mates and tell them the stories of how poor and dirty India is. May help you to fit in better.

I dont need to fit in here, I was born and raised here. In fact, I dont have a single Indian friend but thats more because of the social circles that I have kept and the school and universities that I attended. That doesnt mean I dont have love or compassion for my mother country.

Education and the lack of it, is one of the reasons why COVID is rampant in India.

Look if you think the IPL should go ahead while the country is being broken down and torn apart, then you are part of the problem

If you think  ipl is either a problem or a solution to India right now, you have no idea what our problems are . 

Don't watch ipl if it hurts so much.

I look forward to ipl since we are not stepping out of the house at all. I enjoy and do deep breathing and yoga while watching it. It is something to do  while waiting for the storm to pass. As a cricket fan,I am grateful for the distraction .

As long as it is safe for the players , it is good for atleast cricket fans. If it is stopped for the safety of players and others managing ,it is fine.

Stopping it because people are suffering is just lip service because it does not stop the suffering of any one .

9 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Even domesticated animals have more compassion than you. A cricket tournament for a Few Millionaire cricketers kept in 7 star bio bubble while the common man can’t find oxygen readily. Is this the definition of success ? 

Edited by rangeelaraja
1 minute ago, beetle said:

If you think  ipl is either a problem or a solution to India right now, you have no idea what our problems are . 

I look forward to ipl since we are not stepping out of the house at all. I enjoy and do deep breathing and yoga while watching it. It is something to do  while waiting for the storm to pass. As a cricket fan,I am grateful for the distraction .

As long as it is safe for the players , it is good for atleast cricket fans. If it is stopped for the safety of players and others managing ,it is fine.

Stopping it because people are suffering is just lip service because it does not stop the suffering of any one .

Tell that to people who are losing their loved ones that COVID is a distraction. There are enough resources available on internet to distract yourself rather than wasting testing kits, ambulances on the players who are staying in 7 star hotels. Those 7 star hotels and stadiums can be converted into COVID centers but no IPL is more important than the human lives in India.

4 minutes ago, beetle said:

I watched the last game on TV in Australia. I enjoyed it. The superover was a great climatic ending to the last game.

It doesnt mean it should still be played. Life is more important.

In Australia, sport was cancelled, life was closed and society was educated about what to do and not do. Australia survived COVID.

2 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I dont need to fit in here, I was born and raised here. In fact, I dont have a single Indian friend but thats more because of the social circles that I have kept and the school and universities that I attended. That doesnt mean I dont have love or compassion for my mother country.

Education and the lack of it, is one of the reasons why COVID is rampant in India.

So that's where the arrogance comes from. Explains everything.

What's the use of all that great education and upbringing when all you can do is to come online and sermonize. I have a better idea for you to feel important. Petition your govt to recall the Aussies from IPL. Who knows they may listen to you.

Leave us unwashed Indians to deal with the situation in the best possible manner we can.

I think people should start doing concerts as well on the streets of Delhi since it could be a good distraction from IPL.

All people here know is to blame Pakistanis, NRIs and whatnot. This is your own war, no one has to do anything with it. Amnesty International is reporting that Indian govt is censoring the COVID related news but they are wrong too. Everyone is wrong, the only right ones are Indians and the foreign sell out players.

4 minutes ago, SRT100 said:

I will explain to you in simple terms, the IPL going ahead is done for those financially invested in the tournament, they have no interest or care what is happening to the every day Indian like yourself.

How does it matter? How does bcci earning money make things worse. BCCI not only pays big stars,they also pay the domestic cricketers, pays officials,curaters and others involved with cricket in India. They also pay pension to ex cricketers ....most of it from ipl earnings. So how does bcci making money not help some people.

Playing and supporting a tournament like this while the country is ravaged by COVID shows just how out of touch some are with reality. It also explains why the average person is not taking COVID seriously. Until life stops, there will be many in India that will continue to spread COVID.

Crowds are not involved . Plauers ,officials and team owners are in multiple bubbles. How is it effecting the covid situation ? If at all, atleast the people in the bubble are safe and protected.

If the IPL is so great, why not have more tournaments once its ended? Lets have a festival of sport, while Indians are dying literally outside the stadium on the street.

Unfortunately, except for bcci, no other sporting organisation is financiall self suffient enough to do it with so much precaution . Other sports are dependent on govt resources...hence not viable or safe.

How does it matter? How does bcci earning money make things worse. BCCI not only pays big stars,they also pay the domestic cricketers, pays officials,curaters and others involved with cricket in India. They also pay pension to ex cricketers ....most of it from ipl earnings. So how does bcci making money not help some people.

Crowds are not involved . Plauers ,officials and team owners are in multiple bubbles. How is it effecting the covid situation ? If at all, atleast the people in the bubble are safe and protected.

Unfortunately, except for bcci, no other sporting organisation is financiall self suffient enough to do it with so much precaution . Other sports are dependent on govt resources...hence not viable or safe.