Can India's Brisbane XI win the WTC final?

Can India's Brisbane heroes beat the Kiwis in Southampton?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Can India's Brisbane heroes beat the Kiwis in Southampton?

• Yes
    • No

Our Brisbane hero team was:

Sharma, Gill, Pujara, Rahane*, Pant^, Agarwal, Sundar, Thakur, Saini, Siraj, Natarajan.

Let's assume all of these guys are in good health and the same form they had in Brisbane in January.  Can they win the WTC final for us?

Vote Yes or No and post your reasoning in a reply.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

I voted Yes, coz I am a starry eyed fan of that heroic team.  What they may lack in balance (no spinners to speak of) and batting firepower (Rahane, Agarwal were not in the best of form), they will make up with mental strength and grit.  And Rahane's cool, nurturing captaincy will take the team through.  

Also, Sundar and Gill could both make their maiden 100s in this match and please their dads.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict

Who amongst them have scored runs in england? Chalo ek naam batao. 

Secondly Sundar and Shardul batted well in aus but expecting them to do the same in eng is just insane, Indian batsman are usually comfortable against pace and bounce dikkat swing aur seam ki hai bas. 

Secondly, no Bumrah, no Ishant, no Ashwin, no Jadeja. 

Sorry  bro but this is just wishful thinking. 

That victory wasn't a fluke at all but expecting that to happen everytime is just idiocy. India's best chances are with their best playing eleven that's it. Period. 

3 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Kohli would likely not be missed. His braindead captaincy wouldn't drag the team down.

So yeah, there are upshots. But still. Cannot make up for Jadeja, Ashwin, and Bumrah missing.

why I am unable to post on the ChitChat forum ? Is it closed or do you need permission from someone ?

•  

NZ has plenty of practice before they play us. They are playing 3 match series against England and get to face beat swing bowlers in the world. They are used to conditions as well. It’s bad that we don’t play proper test matches before. We are always slow starters this might be tough with boult and other bowlers.

Edited by gattaca

Remember what happened when a certain someone came back after the highs of Australia?

We lost the 1st test at Chennai vs a mediocre England side and had to prepare dustbowls afterwards to defeat them. Yes we won the series, but it also showed how the captain and coach had zero confidence in their own team's abilities to win on fair surfaces. 

Whereas the team in last 3 tests in Australia rose to the challenge and did things no other Indian team has done. Just for that fortitude, I'd back them to win against any team anywhere on all kinds of surfaces. They looked far more united and eager and showed more will to fight and that you can win without fake histrionics.

57 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Remember what happened when a certain someone came back after the highs of Australia?

We lost the 1st test at Chennai vs a mediocre England side and had to prepare dustbowls afterwards to defeat them. Yes we won the series, but it also showed how the captain and coach had zero confidence in their own team's abilities to win on fair surfaces. 

Whereas the team in last 3 tests in Australia rose to the challenge and did things no other Indian team has done. Just for that fortitude, I'd back them to win against any team anywhere on all kinds of surfaces. They looked far more united and eager and showed more will to fight and that you can win without fake histrionics.

Also that draw in Sydney must not be forgotten.  When was the last time we drew a Test in SENA when we were on the mat?  We were just used to collapses even on batting beauties like Centurion test & Oval test.  The fight in Australia was unreal & something we can only wish happens under Kohli as we need a lot of things going our way to win under him.  On Paper team looks strong but they manage to under perform somehow under him

11 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

And n.z needed pure green seamers and tosses to win vs India who din't even practice for tests vs them. 

Last 2 test pitches vs England were far from dust bowls. England just go wrecked and bashed. 

On 5/24/2021 at 11:31 PM, Adamant said:

Who amongst them have scored runs in england? Chalo ek naam batao. 

Secondly Sundar and Shardul batted well in aus but expecting them to do the same in eng is just insane, Indian batsman are usually comfortable against pace and bounce dikkat swing aur seam ki hai bas. 

Secondly, no Bumrah, no Ishant, no Ashwin, no Jadeja. 

Sorry  bro but this is just wishful thinking. 

That victory wasn't a fluke at all but expecting that to happen everytime is just idiocy. India's best chances are with their best playing eleven that's it. Period. 

Ball won't be swinging by the time sundar comes to bat. In England, lower batting is really important. It's not like we don't see big scores in England.

7 hours ago, Jay said:

And n.z needed pure green seamers and tosses to win vs India who din't even practice for tests vs them. 

Last 2 test pitches vs England were far from dust bowls. England just go wrecked and bashed. 

That again was the decision of our genius captain.

On the last 2 pitches vs England, ball turning from ball 1, and pitch breaking from the first session. As doctored as a pitch can be. NZ undercooking their pitches shouldn't be the justification for us doing the same. 

On 5/24/2021 at 7:18 PM, sscomp32 said:

No. No team will make us win WTC. It is a combination of three of our worst nemesis. Tests in england overcast conditions where we are very bad. We are bad against NZ swing bowlers. Its a 1 match series and we take 1 game to warmup. :giggle:

You forgot the biggest of em all.... 

A Left arm seamer who brings the ball back into the right handers. :peep:

49 minutes ago, Norman said:

I think CDG might trouble us far more than Boult he bowls channel balls at dibbly dobbly pace relentlessly.  Hopefully ICC prepares a typical slowish Rose bowl track that we have encountered in 2014 & 18.  No Moeen Ali as well to haunt us. 

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

No Moeen Ali as well to haunt us. 

Yeah, but I can't help but wonder whose career Indian team is going to help jumpstart with their penchant for making inexperienced players/part-timers look like world beaters.  Thank goodness, it didn't happen with Cameron Green, but the ghosts of Moeen Ali, Sam Curran and Steve O'Keefe will haunt me forever.  Will it be Rachin Ravindra this time? 

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Yeah, but I can't help but wonder whose career Indian team is going to help jumpstart with their penchant for making inexperienced players/part-timers look like world beaters.  Thank goodness, it didn't happen with Cameron Green, but the ghosts of Moeen Ali, Sam Curran and Steve O'Keefe will haunt me forever.  Will it be Rachin Ravindra this time? 

Pant Jaddu are good players of spin.  I guess they will go with Ajaz Patel if there is spin..  Otherwise Santner is always there. 

Ravindra is the wild card but I don't think they will risk a debut in a final.  NZ strategy works on a certain method.  If things go their way in Eng tests they won't change a thing

8 hours ago, Norman said:

Yeah. i should have written them separately. :giggle: Last 2 times in england were horrific.