Family man 2 banned in Tamil Nadu ?

gattaca

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I am confused whom they are representing in PM Basu. India only had one lady PM and she is definitely not playing the role of Indira Gandhi. Also, during LTTE time Rajiv Gandhi was PM, so not sure why they opted for a female PM  this series.  Apart from this character, rest all looks good.

She gave me Sushma Swaraj vibes. Still in episode 2 - but her short term, dumbass thinking made me think of Mamta. 

Which reminds me... I need to lookout for an immigration consultant in 2024 if a coalition govt comes to power. 

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Must say priyamani is a fine actress

Why does her character look constipated all the time? Hated the turn her role took. The girl who did her daughter's role was awesome, the perfect counterpoint to her grouchy mom. The son is cute and adorable. Samantha was very good as the refugee soldier. The guy who takes over from Bhaskaran as the leader of the rebel govt in exile was also very good. Chellam is like a druid giving out magic potion at every time of need. A bit too much for my taste. The fellow whon is the PM's assistant has a punchable face. Manoj is Manoj, no need to repeat that he is an awesome actor. The guy who played the shrink died of suicide some months ago in real life. It was surreal seeing him play the role so well despite whatever was brewing inside of him. I loved the show despite a few minor issues(like how about bullet proof jackets for the crew). The controversy over the show is unnecessary IMO. After watching it, one feels bad for the plight of the hapless SL Tamils. They have been living there since forever, have as much right as anyone else to lead their life peacefully. Bloody Singalese vote bank politics marginalized them forever and filled their lives with misery.

Edited by nevada

On 5/29/2021 at 12:45 PM, Real McCoy said:

Stereotyping. Increasingly, entertainment is a method of propaganda these days. Amazon prime, netflix have replaced hollywodd, bollywood, etc to make it available directly into your computer screen. SRK made a movie "My name is Khan" to show how muslims are discriminated in the west by sterotypes but made "chennai express" immediately after where he was stereotyping Tamils. By the way, the last name akkineni sounds telugu. Not everyone that lives in Chennai is a tamil. Thats like saying @velu is a kannadiga.

She is a Konkani by birth, and married Telugu hero Nagarjuna's son. Hence the Akkineni name. 

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I am confused whom they are representing in PM Basu. India only had one lady PM and she is definitely not playing the role of Indira Gandhi. Also, during LTTE time Rajiv Gandhi was PM, so not sure why they opted for a female PM  this series.  Apart from this character, rest all looks good.

This series is based on present times, Seema Biswas (PM) plays a stubborn, egotistical person, taking the PMship about herself risking lives of many and even a foreign country PM to hold talks in vulnerable Chennai (as per the plot) . Female PM material, Bong and a person not good at listening.. Mamta Begum!

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

This series is based on present times, Seema Biswas (PM) plays a stubborn, egotistical person, taking the PMship about herself risking lives of many and even a foreign country PM to hold talks in vulnerable Chennai (as per the plot) . Female PM material, Bong and a person not good at listening.. Mamta Begum!

Ah I see...okay then I may not watch the remaining episodes now :giggle:

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Must say priyamani is a fine actress

Played with a plain expressionless face throughout. In the scene, daughter is missing, husband comes home, she’s like confused and cries , any other person would have panicked like hell. Director made her underplay too much. Got irritated with her. Nobody knows what she wanted in life, but fancied working, kids, having affairs, but always had issues with husband and wants living with Shrikant like a vegetable. Best was counselor advices her to not speak to her husband openly as that will end all her miserable life!

27 minutes ago, nevada said:

Why does her character look constipated all the time? Hated the turn her role took. The girl who did her daughter's role was awesome, the perfect counterpoint to her grouchy mom. The son is cute and adorable. Samantha was very good as the refugee soldier. The guy who takes over from Bhaskaran as the leader of the rebel govt in exile was also very good. Chellam is like a druid giving out magic potion at every time of need. A bit too much for my taste. The fellow whon is the PM's assistant has a punchable face. Manoj is Manoj, no need to repeat that he is an awesome actor. The guy who played the shrink died of suicide some months ago in real life. It was surreal seeing him play the role so well despite whatever was brewing inside of him. I loved the show despite a few minor issues(like how about bullet proof jackets for the crew). The controversy over the show is unnecessary IMO. After watching it, one feels bad for the plight of the hapless SL Tamils. They have been living there since forever, have as much right as anyone else to lead their life peacefully. Bloody Singalese vote bank politics marginalized them forever and filled their lives with misery.

Chellam is a plot convenience, appears at difficult times and provides solutions for the story to continue. 

Also, TASC didn’t do much police / espionage work other than drink whiskey at the end of the day and ponder about the first season problems. 

Played with a plain expressionless face throughout. In the scene, daughter is missing, husband comes home, she’s like confused and cries , any other person would have panicked like hell. Director made her underplay too much. Got irritated with her. Nobody knows what she wanted in life, but fancied working, kids, having affairs, but always had issues with husband and wants living with Shrikant like a vegetable. Best was counselor advices her to not speak to her husband openly as that will end all her miserable life!
She portrayed it perfectly..showed her inner turmoil without over acting

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I am confused whom they are representing in PM Basu. India only had one lady PM and she is definitely not playing the role of Indira Gandhi. Also, during LTTE time Rajiv Gandhi was PM, so not sure why they opted for a female PM  this series.  Apart from this character, rest all looks good

It was pure fiction, dont read too much into that. 

13 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:
1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

She portrayed it perfectly..showed her inner turmoil without over acting

Didn't quite appear for me. Over-acting na sahi, acting to karna chahiye. She acted like a prop in the series.

On 5/28/2021 at 10:10 AM, coffee_rules said:

Watch the trailer , they have literally blackened her.

Just did. 

Person living and training in the jungle will get tanned, I don't see "blackenning" on her, just a tan. And she's playing a character, not herself.  

I consider your opinion reliable, but I'm not understanding why you see it this way.  

1 minute ago, sandeep said:

Just did. 

Person living and training in the jungle will get tanned, I don't see "blackenning" on her, just a tan. And she's playing a character, not herself.  

I consider your opinion reliable, but I'm not understanding why you see it this way.  

My only gripe is that they went with a popular actress and tanned her. There are other dusky popular actresses like Aishwarya Rajesh or even Nandita Das or Konkana. This is like blackening Hritik Roshan in Super30, or Bhumi Pednekar in Bala. It seemed unnecessary and unnatural.

Hats off :hatsoff: to Samantha , having watched the series. She has done full justice to role as an actress! Taking back my original gripe

On 5/29/2021 at 11:42 PM, coffee_rules said:

family man season 1 has a Mallu joining Al Qeada. I don’t see any minister writing to GoI to ban season 1. What can you say about  people with victim complex !

you are like a little rash a constant irritant, you and your passive aggression on Tamils in this website.

Yeah ok, Tamils are bad people all of the great ICF agrees with it, ok cool you are happy now ?  did your in-laws treat you bad or something and you thought all Tamils are like them ?

Edited by Vilander

2 hours ago, sandeep said:

Just did. 

Agenda.

His intent is to show that Tamils took issue with how their 'Tamil' actress was shown dark skinned in the show. While the issue seems to be some perceived misrepresentation of SL Tamil issue which the usual fringe groups in TN politics wanted to gain some political mileage out of and the incumbent days old regime followed suit to make sure they are not seen as non sympathetic with ( thats basically what the fringe would have wanted so that they can call that out) basic politics , very apparent to most casual observers. Coffee here wanted to show it in this ICF website somehow as a skin color related hypocrisy of Tamils. You can see several posts in this website on how Tamils have 'fair skinned' northern actress in their movies from the same quarters.

10 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

I thought she played her role to perfection. 

Bhaita gadidha chakiri, entlo andhariki seva!