Have a strong feeling this England tour would be Ishant- Siraj pair's tour

Actually i have been having this strong feeling with Ishant for long, the way ball is coming out of his hand for a quite i expect him to do a lot of damage overseas. Unfortunately he was injured during Aus tour but now we have england tour and i always believed that in seamer friendly condition he become more dangerous then our other bowler. I thought of making this thread only on Ishant but the way Siraj has been bowling its impossible to ignore. Soon he ll be among the Top bowlers in world and it ll happen very very soon. 

This tour can actually make Ishant number really really better.

Like we saw in 2007 how Zak n RP hunted in pair or in past with Wasim Waqar, this tour it would be Ishant-Siraj, ofcourse kohli shudnt bench them.  Also if Ashwin remains fit through out he ll be big problem for opposition. 

This is India's best chance to win in england as these current england batsman are very below avg kind of players

• IF they give green tracks - their batsman cant play seam swing
  • If they give flat deck - our batsman will score to but our bowlers have pace n skill............in England Wood doesnt have the skill of a shami, bumrah or Siraj 
  • It the weather is hot and tracks are flat then by 4th 5th day it ll help spinners and these guys are very bad against spin 

Our bowling will be fine.It was good even in 2018

It's the batsmen who have to do the job.Last series we choked chasing low targets

With Pant,Gill we have hope

Siraj will play a big role obviously,but I expect Thakur,Sundar to have a role too since its a 5 match series

I think we'll win the series this time around. 

England are a mess.. 

Anderson and Broad are clearly over the hill

Archer and Wood won't be that big of a threat

We will most certainly not lose 5/5 tosses

Team should be much more confident in 4th inning chasing after Sydney and Brisbane. 

Wickets will definitely start turning in late August bringing Ashwin and Jadeja into play.. 

Sam Curran won't play a single Test (most likely) 

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Our bowling will be fine.It was good even in 2018

It's the batsmen who have to do the job.Last series we choked chasing low targets

With Pant,Gill we have hope

Siraj will play a big role obviously,but I expect Thakur,Sundar to have a role too since its a 5 match series

jadeja, pant, gill and improved ashwin the batsman...we do have a bit more cushion in batting this time.

But again as we say in every series a lot wud depend on these 3 - pujara, kohli, rahane

My worry is how many games will Siraj get on the entire tour

This TM's  pecking order is clear - Bumrah, Ishant, Shami, Umesh and Siraj. They preferred Umesh over Siraj in Australia and his inclusion in the 15 for WTC shows his status. 

If Bhuvi does well in SL, I will not be surprised if he is sent to England and plays ahead of Siraj if an opportunity comes.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar

My major worry is that the law of averages might not work for us. I read it somewhere and posting below. This is India in England in last three tours:-

2014:- 

England played Sri Lanka before India toured them. Sri Lanka won the series 1-0 and we lost 3-1.

2018:-

England played Pakistan before India again toured them. Pakistan drew the series 1-1 and we lost 4-1.

2021:-

England played New Zealand before India are touring them. NEW Zealand won the series 1-0 and let's see what we do this time.

I have high doubts in my mind that we will win the coming series Vs England because England surely won't afford to lose both the home series they are playing this season. They will play their best XI and look to beat us 3-1 or 4-1 again.

Edited by Majestic
58 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

My worry is how many games will Siraj get on the entire tour

This TM's  pecking order is clear - Bumrah, Ishant, Shami, Umesh and Siraj. They preferred Umesh over Siraj in Australia and his inclusion in the 15 for WTC shows his status. 

If Bhuvi does well in SL, I will not be surprised if he is sent to England and plays ahead of Siraj if an opportunity comes.

Surely Siraj has done enough to pip Umesh and others except top 3

Also did well in India

Plus RCB player :secret:

10 minutes ago, Majestic said:

My major worry is that the law of averages might not work for us. I read it somewhere and posting below. This is India in England in last three tours:-

2014:- 

England played Sri Lanka before India toured them. Sri Lanka won the series 1-0 and we lost 3-1.

2018:-

England played Pakistan before India again toured them. Pakistan drew the series 1-1 and we lost 4-1.

2021:-

England played New Zealand before India are touring them. NEW Zealand won the series 1-0 and let's see what we do this time.

I have high doubts in my mind that we will win the coming series Vs England because England surely won't afford to lose both the home series they are playing this season. They will play their best XI and look to beat us 3-1 or 4-1 again.

England will be far stronger than what it was vs NZ but since Indian team is there for a longer period & provided our pace attack remains fit we will be favorites for sure in case we win WTC final. 

If we lose WTC final things will be 50-50 on both sides. 

Have big hopes for Siraj in these conditions. This is perfect for his length.

Ishant only concern is fitness. Not easy to come back to full match fitness for a fast bowler after a long layoff  once you hit 30.

Also we need to be wary that all our prime bowlers Ishant,Shami and Umesh are 30+ now. Looks like Bhuvi is done from real cricket.

need to start developing a pool. It took us a while to get this dream combo.

29 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

England will be far stronger than what it was vs NZ but since Indian team is there for a longer period & provided our pace attack remains fit we will be favorites for sure in case we win WTC final. 

If we lose WTC final things will be 50-50 on both sides. 

I don't think we will win both. But if we win, it's great. However, I would take a win in WTC Final and a competitive 3-2 type series loss Vs England.

45 minutes ago, maniac said:

Have big hopes for Siraj in these conditions. This is perfect for his length.

Ishant only concern is fitness. Not easy to come back to full match fitness for a fast bowler after a long layoff  once you hit 30.

Also we need to be wary that all our prime bowlers Ishant,Shami and Umesh are 30+ now. Looks like Bhuvi is done from real cricket.

need to start developing a pool. It took us a while to get this dream combo.

Umesh is super fit..  Don't  see any reason he can't continue bowling for 3-4 years more.  Ishant will be first one to go & probably deserves the WTC silverware might be his last. 

Shami will also be there till next WTC final. 

In between we need to groom Tyagi & offer Prasidh few red ball games in India if possible. 

42 minutes ago, Majestic said:

I don't think we will win both. But if we win, it's great. However, I would take a win in WTC Final and a competitive 3-2 type series loss Vs England.

Wholeheartedly... 

'World Test Champions' sounds much better than 'LV insurance series winners'. :aha: