Day 6 - the ultimate predictions

Looks like we could get a maximum of 40 to 45 overs in the day today. Around mid second session rains predicted again. Whoever Bats first will lose the match, the game will be wrapped up in 3 days. 36 All out like situation might haunt us again. Now with heavy rains on the cards, it won't be a bad option to rest Ashwin and draft Shardul Thakur in. I think Shardul will be handy in overcast conditions and also strengthens the lower middle order batting. 

2 hours ago, Sean Bradley said:

Looks like we could get a maximum of 40 to 45 overs in the day today. Around mid second session rains predicted again. Whoever Bats first will lose the match, the game will be wrapped up in 3 days. 36 All out like situation might haunt us again. Now with heavy rains on the cards, it won't be a bad option to rest Ashwin and draft Shardul Thakur in. I think Shardul will be handy in overcast conditions and also strengthens the lower middle order batting. 

This is what I fear the most, if India bat first today, another Adelaide performance looms or even a sub par score like 150 all out, given the conditions and we will lose.

If India bowl first and pick the right combination, we are a huge chance to win.

For me India's total will be dictated by needing one of Kohli, Rahane or Pant to score 75+ runs, Ash and Jaddu should be able to provide support then to carry the total close to 300.

While Ash and Jaddu are competent batsmen I see them providing support as opposed to scoring freely on this pitch, the bulk of the runs to get to a competitive score of 250+ will need to be scored by Kohli, Rahane or Pant.

The morning session is going to really shape the match and who wins the first battle.