Pew's survey on religious tolerance and segregation in India

Nikhil_cric

Hindus are Hindus, believe in god, largely tolerant about all religions, worship cows and don’t prefer eating beef and they want to marry in their religion .

Muslims are religious. Prefer Islamic courts over Indian courts for personal laws and they too want to marry in their religiion.

What this research shows is what all of the sane , reasonable IQ people knew about India. Narrative builders , saatvi fail leftists and influencers are the ones to be shocked of such revelations 

This chart was most interesting.  84% of Muslims would be willing to accept a Hindu as a neighbor, whereas only 64% Hindus would accept a Muslim as a neighbor.  

And 27% of Hindus would not accept a Jain as a neighbor?  That seems very surprising.  Most of us would not even be able to recognize someone as a Jain unless they told us or had "Jain" in their last name.  If a Priyesh Shah moved in next door to me, how the heck would I know if he was a Hindu or Jain?

Substantial minorities would not accept followers of other religions as neighbors

38 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

This chart was most interesting.  84% of Muslims would be willing to accept a Hindu as a neighbor, whereas only 64% Hindus would accept a Muslim as a neighbor.  

And 27% of Hindus would not accept a Jain as a neighbor?  That seems very surprising.

38 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Most of us would not even be able to recognize someone as a Jain unless they told us or had "Jain" in their last name.  If a Priyesh Shah moved in next door to me, how the heck would I know if he was a Hindu or Jain?

Forget Jains, Buddhists are so sporadically populated for one to consider them for this question. Buddhists are populated in Leh/Ladakh region, rest are Marathi Buddhists (Narayan or Ambedkarites) , most wouldn’t know if their neighbor is a Buddhist by name as well. 

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Forget Jains, Buddhists are so sporadically populated for one to consider them for this question. Buddhists are populated in Leh/Ladakh region, rest are Marathi Buddhists (Narayan or Ambedkarites) , most wouldn’t know if their neighbor is a Buddhist by name as well. 

:-).

The only reason I may not want a Jain as my neighbor is for fear of being judged for cooking meat for my family even though I am myself a vegetarian.  ;-)

Why do Majority of the north indian Hindus think , knowing hindi is a must for being a hindu :confused:

What we studied  in schools , 30/35% of the Tamil language chapters are about religion and the poems/literature about shiva , Vishnu , Jainism , Buddhism are 1000+ years old ..

Even the chapters we studied about Christianity and islam  were  written in Tamil  long long ago 

Edited by velu

Why do Majority of the north indian Hindus think , knowing hindi is a must for being a hindu :confused:

What we studied  in schools , 30/35% of the Tamil language chapters are about religion and the poems/literature about shiva , Vishnu , Jainism , Buddhism are 1000+ years old ..
Even the chapters we studied about Christianity and islam  were  written in Tamil  long long ago 

I really don't think that could be a true representation

I don’t know how people can not eat non-veg , but cook it. My SO doesn’t let any dead being in the kitchen. I have given up eating meat since last 6 yrs. To be honest, due to a epiphany, but will never cook. If kids or people want to eat meat, they can order. Good for commerce.

2 hours ago, velu said:

They asked only Hindi speaking North Indians. Maybe 

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

nervous system and all, you make what you want out of it, but was only curious . I guess we all have different wires. Nobody is holier than anybody 

... as a plant biochemist, I have the urge to correct folks who say "I don't eat animals because I don't like to take lives" ... or in your post using "dead beings" to include only animals :-).  Nervous system or not, pain-response or not, sentience or not ... plants are living beings (as are bacteria, mushrooms etc.).  That is not arguable.  

Edited by BacktoCricaddict