Script says it is SA turn.

India England and Aus are not going anywhere in terms of authority on cricket 

Look at the last few winners:

WT20 2014: Srilanka

WT20 2016: Westindies

U19 WC : Bangladesh 

CT 2017: Pakistan 

ICC WTC: Newzealand 

world cups 2019: England, 2015: Australia. India will win the 2023 edition. That’s also guaranteed but pattern says SA will win this.

They are the underdog but not the worst team out there. They are capable of beating any team on their day.

Script says South Africa 

Bowling wise with Rabada,Ngidi and Nortje they are the biggest threat.. also Shamsi is not bad.. they have been successful in UAE grounds in IPL. Issue is other than DeKock, Faf,Miller and Van Der Dussen and to some extent Klassen I dont see any good batsmen..not sure if Faf will play.. my ideal line up will be

DeKock

Markram

Faf

Van der Dussen

Miller

Klassen
Phehlukawo

Nortje

Ngidi

Rabada

Shamsi

verdict: if everything falls in place maximum SF

14 minutes ago, neel roy said:

Bowling wise with Rabada,Ngidi and Nortje they are the biggest threat.. also Shamsi is not bad.. they have been successful in UAE grounds in IPL. Issue is other than DeKock, Faf,Miller and Van Der Dussen and to some extent Klassen I dont see any good batsmen..not sure if Faf will play.. my ideal line up will be

DeKock

Markram

Faf

Van der Dussen

Miller

Klassen
Phehlukawo

Nortje

Ngidi

Rabada

Shamsi

Morris over Phehlukwayo or even Ngidi at 8

Janneman Malan is pretty good option as well

They are the ultimate underdogs & are paired with both England & India in group stage.  They are perfectly capable of beating both these sides.  I think they will beat at least one of them & make it a 3 way shootout for Semis. 

NRR will decide the fate of both chokers India & SA.

1 hour ago, neel roy said:

DeKock

Markram

Faf

Van der Dussen

Miller

Klassen
Phehlukawo

Nortje

Ngidi

Rabada

Shamsi

Ngidi :giggle:

Will be ironical if the weakest RSA team goes on to achieve this, no pressure/expectation this time so might work in their favor. As we have seen in the past, don't need to be the best team to win an ICC title, somehow get to KO and after that a couple of clutch performances. Can see them beating Kohli's India in the final if we are to meet there, we are one team that have surpassed their choking pedigree. 

Rabada/Nortje/Ngidi/Shamsi will be a handful in UAE conditions. And batting looks OK atm. 

Shamsi has improved remarkabley, linde giving good support

Rabada is bowling half heartedly 

Norje is good but he aint rabada 

They need to find a way to fit in malan 

How is morris not in this team is beyond me. 

Ngidi works if it grips or else he ll travel, better get that marco jensen for other days. 

It ll be either England or nz ( but if it slows down pak n sl can spoil either of their party )

Wi - had it been india they may have but they have some issues with bowling n getting stuck on guys like bravo n gayle. Also where is hayden walsh?

Still they ll be my 3rd pick 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
10 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It ll be either England or nz 

Wi - had it been india they may have but they have some issues with bowling n getting stuck on guys like bravo n gayle. Also where is hayden walsh?

Still they ll be my 3rd pick 

Open WC, India too will have one of its strongest ever T20I squads, only problem being wrong guy leading our side. 

Australia is Australia, never write them off. Even if they don't win they can prevent NZ/WI from qualifying to SF.

Pak is a dark horse, UAE conditions will suit them to a T since they are pretty good when avg innings scores are in 150-170 range. For those pitches they have 2-3 elite match-winners, watch out for Imad Wasim as well, most underrated T20 bowler. 

Afghans, Bangladeshis will enjoy the conditions with their array of spinners, can cause major upsets in the pool stage. 

Only SL looks toothless atm. 

Edited by Gollum
1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Australia is Australia, never write them off. Even if they don't win they can prevent NZ/WI from qualifying to SF.

Aus chances will depend on starc n warner. Starc post his action change has not looked same. Warner is on a decline, he has been looking in srs trouble against high pace .

Finch captaincy also doesnt inspire confidence. But yea u cant take them lightly. They may get faulkner back, he picked a lot of wkts in PSL. Also maxwell has been in great form. 

Yea this will be the most open t20 wc .

With the new set of players NZ have found it can be them . 

7 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Pak is a dark horse, UAE conditions will suit them to a T since they are pretty good when avg innings scores are in 150-170 range. For those pitches they have 3-4 elite match-winners, watch out for Imad Wasim as well, most underrated T20 bowler. 

Absolutely, was checking somewhere he has been one of best bowlers in PP. 

Usman qadir is a very good addition .

Hasan ali looks to have found his old form, also very handy lower order bat 

Shaheen is their x factor 

Rauf is well suited for t20

Rizwan , babar, hafeez n faheem have given them conaistency 

Ind, eng, nz high chance will be top 3 unless in same group but its the 4th position that will have a battle. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Ind, eng, nz high chance will be top 3 unless in same group but its the 4th position that will have a battle. 

Aren't groups are already known?

Last I read:

WI, NZ, Aus, Pak (group of death)

Eng, Ind, RSA, Afg

Both groups to get 2 qualifiers each....among SL, BD, Ire etc. 

8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Absolutely, was checking somewhere he has been one of best bowlers in PP. 

Usman qadir is a very good addition .

Hasan ali looks to have found his old form, also very handy lower order bat 

Shaheen is their x factor 

Rauf is well suited for t20

Rizwan , babar, hafeez n faheem have given them conaistency 

Shaheen, Hasan Ali, Rauf, Usman Qadir, Imad, Shadab, Faheem, Hafeez (with his tactical chucking)

Excellent bowling attack...quality, variety, depth. If they can get Amir back, will be even more impressive. On those pitches cos of his cutters, only 4 overs/match, clutchness etc Amir can become a big factor. 

5 minutes ago, Gollum said:

Shaheen, Hasan Ali, Rauf, Usman Qadir, Imad, Shadab, Faheem, Hafeez (with his tactical chucking)

Excellent bowling attack...quality, variety, depth. If they can get Amir back, will be even more impressive. On those pitches cos of his cutters, only 4 overs/match, clutchness etc Amir can become a big factor. 

If pitches slow down n it becomes 140-160 kind of tournament they are in it big time. Ipl will happen then WC ,lets see how pitches hold up. 

5 hours ago, Gollum said:

People do like to moan about lack of depth in men's cricket, erstwhile powerhouses declining yada yada.

But this will be an open WC, we are in for a treat. 

Yeah will be very interesting else 15 years or so back it was always Aus or SA

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Can see them beating Kohli's India in the final if we are to meet there, we are one team that have surpassed their choking pedigree

Ever so generous Kohli (mis)lead India will not be bothered for  just "another" match against SA

Final,so be it,a choke against erstwhile chokers will not bear much pain(ask fans though:(()