Fans need to understand England approach will not work for Indian team.

1 minute ago, SK_IH said:

No that stale formulaic strategy has not worked for India. They have won ghanta in limited overs internationals

Do we have Chris Woakes, Willey who opens in domestic cricket, Curran bros etc  or even a guy like Archer who can slog at 10-11?

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Dhawan as opener and Iyer as 4-5 are fine for ODIs. I agree they are not a solution for T20.

Rahul needs to hear some gunshot or a kick on his back as he has the ability.

Rohit and Kohli are alright. We need their class  in all formats unless they have a loss of form.

Iyer is not fine at 4. We can have Rahul/SKY there followed by Pant and Pandya

Dhawan is okay but both him and Rohit taking time upfront is not ideal. Someone like Shaw can be our Sehwag

We need a middle ground between the two for ODIs because the tail thing is right point here.

In ODIs,

Rohit

Dhawan( still our best option for ODI)

Kohli

Pant

KL

Pandya

Jadeja

Shardul

Bhuvi

Spinner

Bumrah

In T20, we should follow the England strategy.

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Iyer is not fine at 4. We can have Rahul/SKY there followed by Pant and Pandya

Dhawan is okay but both him and Rohit taking time upfront is not ideal. Someone like Shaw can be our Sehwag

I will back Iyer over Sky in a 80/6 kind of situation against a quality bowling side but having said that both Iyer and Sky are good fringe players. Pandey is done though. 

We have better players than Shreyas Iyer for the first XI but Iyer gets unnecessary flak here. I have never seen him bat selfishly, he always bats as per team requirement. The likes of Kohli, Rohit, Rahul, Dhawan, Pandey etc all have time and time batted selfishly but Iyer has barely batted selfishly in international arena. He is a good enough option for a backup middle order in my opinion.

Edited by Majestic
5 minutes ago, maniac said:

I will back Iyer over Sky in a 80/6 kind of situation against a quality bowling side but having said that both Iyer and Sky are good fringe players. Pandey is done though. 

Iyer is atrocious v short ball

We won't be 80/6 on most occasions. We will be 70-2  or so and Rahul/SKY will capitalise on that better.

Both wont do much in a crisis. Rahul might given his technique is okay

4 minutes ago, Majestic said:

We have better players than Shreyas Iyer for the first XI but Iyer gets unnecessary flak here. I have never seen him bat selfishly, he always bats as per team requirement. The likes of Kohli, Rohit, Rahul, Dhawan, Pandey etc all have time and time batted selfishly but Iyer has barely batted selfishly in international arena.

Who said he bats selfishly

He'll make first XI of most mid tier teams,maybe even captain lol

Just not the best option for us

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

I will back Iyer over Sky in a 80/6 kind of situation

What Iyer can do Sky can do better,he has that game besides having a higher ceiling in upping the tempo when needed and i don't need to tell you Iyer's heroics aginst quality pace and i can guarantee you he has been noticed to have glaring weakness against short deliveries,Iyer has scored some runs but hasn't beenntested yet,he is as replacable as Dhawan because we have better players than him available

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Do we have Chris Woakes, Willey who opens in domestic cricket, Curran bros etc  or even a guy like Archer who can slog at 10-11?

India had this buccaneering approach in the last ODI against England. The tail was blown away but because the run scoring was so proactive we still scored more than 330. So, that was a bad day with that approach & still the result was the same. 

Let's not get blinded by reasoning of weak tail for laggard approach upfront. 

Edited by SK_IH

To Maximise Potential of India Team the following should be tried:

ODI (With World Cup 2023 in mind)

R Sharma

S Dhawan

V Kohli

KL Rahul

R Pant

H Pandya

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

B Kumar

S Thakur

J Bumrah

With team above there is batting upto 10, this will give more licence for the top order to attack. 

If S Dhawan is not picked then it will be P Shaw, the line up above will work as World Cup will be in India.

45 minutes ago, Prabhdeep Singh said:

To Maximise Potential of India Team the following should be tried:

ODI (With World Cup 2023 in mind)

R Sharma

S Dhawan

V Kohli

KL Rahul

R Pant

H Pandya

R Jadeja

R Ashwin

B Kumar

S Thakur

J Bumrah

With team above there is batting upto 10, this will give more licence for the top order to attack. 

If S Dhawan is not picked then it will be P Shaw, the line up above will work as World Cup will be in India.

Good team but Ashwin as batsman is useless in LOIs. If there are better spinners than him, India should pick spinner based on bowling only. Shardul at 8 and Bhuvi at 9 is enough.

6 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Good team but Ashwin as batsman is useless in LOIs. If there are better spinners than him, India should pick spinner based on bowling only. Shardul at 8 and Bhuvi at 9 is enough.

I would say that Ashwin is better bowler since he last played ODI cricket which was in 2017. Also world cup being in India will help him further.

13 minutes ago, Majestic said:

can always play Sundar. Hes useful with ball in ODIs especially in Asia

1 hour ago, maniac said:

if u plan a team based on that 1 in 40 day where we ll be 80/6...the plan is wrong and if ur expecting this situation  again n again might as well start replacing ur main batsman.

N if 80/6 high chance even iyer wud be back in hut with his poor technique. Forget short ball his other issues arent even exposed now thats yet to come

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Who said he bats selfishly

He'll make first XI of most mid tier teams,maybe even captain lol

Just not the best option for us

Iyer would walk into Pakistan team as their captain and main batsman alongside Babar.:p:

Edited by Majestic