Tokyo 2020 Paralympics: Record 19 medals thus far!!!! Amazing

44 minutes ago, SujitPrakash said:

We Indians are only good a chest thumping, lying, cheating and scamming and making excuses. No wonder we are a **** hole of a country, we think slight improvements will make us a superpower or the more we brag we are a superpower we will magically become one.

Sport is in a terrible state in India when African countries win medals on the global stage we say they are "genetically" better than us, when a country like NZ does better than us we say it's a first word country.

No wonder we are the laughing stock of the world, and yet we keep making these stupid excuses. I am proud of all the Indian athletes at the Olympics, but Indians are content with making excuses and just participating. 

You mean to say all these athletics at the Olympics  from all these countries haven't ever had to struggle? We are a sad, sad country, a shitty third world country with only one sports we all worship and even that we can't win any ICC Cricket world tournament's.

Damn! Let me guess, you moderate r/India.

15 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

The argument is that since 2012 we have only won three medals ( so far) which indicates we are regressing since London despite more funding than ever ( I’m not saying it’s enough but it is still more than 2008/2012 where we won more medals) Ultimately world championships and asian championships win mean zilch if you can’t replicate that on the biggest stage. Yes they might be enough to get a salaried job in the government. If that is these athletes aim then fair play to them, they deserve a stable life. But let’s not be under an assumption that we have the capability to dominate a sport in the Olympics.. let us be content to be participants and not expect any medals. We are not a sporting nation and let’s just agree to that. Meanwhile countries like Kosovo and Tunisia will keep winning more medals than us :phehe:

I don't know enough to form an opinion here. I don't disagree with what you are saying.

But what we don't agree about re: India not being a sporting nation has naught to do with the athletes.

We have no realistic way of knowing that they are content with participating and a desk job at ONGC. Maybe they had a bad day. Maybe they aren't good enough.

That is *not* the same as saying that they are happy just participating.

Edited by Mariyam
1 hour ago, G_B_ said:

And the more i read about this iran shooter the more impressed i get.

Is the oldest member of the iranian team in tokyo. Won 2 world cups (including one in india) this year before winning a gold in his first appearance in the olympics. Was favourite in his event and won it. Raised money from family and friends to travel to international events. Found talent for shooting a bit late in life.

Seems like a fairy tale. Make this guy president of nrai....

I India if somehow someone win medal they exploit it for millions of years. Vijendra Singh is still feasting on his bronze. Sushil Kumar became a criminal and conniving with criminals.Unless sports culture ll be developed at school level and should be given equal priority as studies , government should invest in sports and need to organize national events on yearly basis , in addition to that state, district level athletic events should be organized regularly, otherwise we can't expect a consistent performance.

Manika Batra improved as the game went on. She was matching shot for shot with the 20th Ranked opponent more than 50 places above her in ranking.

Hope she does a Sindhu 2016 here by being a Dark Horse. Long road ahead R3, R16, Quarters and Semis.

2 minutes ago, nikrulz said:

Manika Batra improved as the game went on. She was matching shot for shot with the 20th Ranked opponent more than 50 places above her in ranking.

Hope she does a Sindhu 2016 here by being a Dark Horse. Long road ahead R3, R16, Quarters and Semis.

Her opponent did a Sathiyan.Was up 2-0 and choked

6 minutes ago, deathmonger said:

What exactly have NRIs achieved than being third class citizens and worker bee coolies for their white overlords? @SujitPrakash

Projecting their own insecurities at being nothing more than little cogs whose only existence is to make the life of their white masters better.

Shows how petty you are, what a disgrace you are. 

If earning more money than 99% of Indians in India earn, a better living standard. a better quality of life, clean air, excellent public health facilities is considered a third class coolie then I will take that, thank you, because I know you are better than me a coolie living in Australia.

Edited by SujitPrakash
1 minute ago, nitinbwj said:

Her opponent did a Sathiyan.Was up 2-0 and choked

Wasn't expecting much from him to be honest.

Women's games are always unpredictable because there is a certain lack of consistency. Not trying to belittle them but the ceiling of performance level is more balanced in Women's sports. Men usually have that 2-4 people who completely dominate their opponents and are more consistent.

Unpredictability is fun.