England Squad for the 5 Test match series vs India

* For the first two tests

Batsman:
Dom Sibley, Rory Burns, Haseeb Hameed, Joe Root , Jonny Bairstow, Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Zak Crawley, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Pope

Bowlers:

James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Dom Bess

Edited by deepdynamo
15 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

* For the first two tests

Batsman:
Joe Root , Jonny Bairstow, Rory Burns, Jos Buttler, Zak Crawley, , Haseeb Hameed, Dan Lawrence, Ollie Pope, Dom Sibley, Ben Stokes

Bowlers:

James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Sam Curran, Ollie Robinson, Mark Wood, Jack Leach, Dom Bess

Danger man is Sam Curran and Robinson. 

6 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

This side is relatively weaker than the ones we’ve played in the past, this is our best chance to beat them

Not really.  It's all about balance which England have for those conditions. Toss will matter.

11 minutes ago, Norman said:

That batting looks weak just like in 2018. It'll again come down to their 8-11 against our 8-11 and we all know how that'll go. :no:

Lawrence will most likely play at 3 and Pope at 5/6.

Yup. Eng will rack up good totals even if their top order fails.

In contrast India will be knocked over quickly once past the misfiring top order. 

19 minutes ago, Norman said:

That batting looks weak just like in 2018. It'll again come down to their 8-11 against our 8-11 and we all know how that'll go. :no:

Lawrence will most likely play at 3 and Pope at 5/6.

v good point. In 2 of the 5 matches lower order screwed us. This continues in nz and then wtc.. but we still don’t learn.. why cant shami practice a bit more or for that matter bumrah. We dont need 50s. We just need 10 runs each from 9 10 11. Those 30 runs can make and break a game..

I have little hopes from our batting compared to what I had in 2018 but let's see.  As long as Pujara doesn't plays I will be happy.  Playing with Pujara in England means playing with 10 players. 

Rahul must play in middle order.  He maybe the X factor player in batting. 

Guys like Shardul & Siraj must start the series.   They both have that Champion attitude.  They will put up a fight if they play. 

Sam Curran is the dangerman for us & Zak Crawley (gun barrel straight bowling will smacked by him) 

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

v good point. In 2 of the 5 matches lower order screwed us. This continues in nz and then wtc.. but we still don’t learn.. why cant shami practice a bit more or for that matter bumrah. We dont need 50s. We just need 10 runs each from 9 10 11. Those 30 runs can make and break a game..

I dunno what happened to Shami man, he used to be a decent lower order batsman..I mean I still remember his and Bhuvi’s partnership in the 2014 test series (I think we drew that match)