Prithvi Shaw, Suryakumar Yadav and Jayant Yadav set to join Indian team in England ahead of the Test series. Likely to fly in 2-3 days.

3 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Now Paddikal has an awful technique as a red ball opener.  But I think TM wants dashers after dashers.  

Either boom boom or bust.  Now our safe n defensive batting has failed massively in England over the years.   Our players simply don't have the technique to last long there. 

They lose concentration early &,  inns building is also missing as even our seniors don't play enough domestic or County cricket. 

I think going ultra aggressive won't be a bad move. 

i hve seen Devdutt few knock , his game looks fine  ...he ll do well in middle order 

Apart from big moving ball which will have everyone in problem i dnt see much issue with his game

32 minutes ago, Jay said:

actually thats an interesting take. That totally explains our lack of ability vs spin. we dont quite get enough practice in ranji anymore and neither do we send players overseas to play counties. Our A team players do well and adapt easily for a reason. why? they practice vs opponents in their conditions hence siraj and co were able to make an impact immediately. 

Yeah even our experienced pros lose concentration & can't play long inns anymore.  So when they go on the defensive side..  They don't last for a longer period & don't score much. 

Our success in Australia was built on the crucial cameos some of the guys scored..  Had some luck on our side as well at times.  And runs came quickly as well.  Shardul Sundar Gill Mayank in Gabba. 

Rahane played

inns of his life in MCG with cameos from Pant Jaddu Gill. 

If you tell these guys to survive they just can't...  No team would lose WTC final in two days except us..  Playing long & building the inns that art is gone from Indian cricket. 

Now only way to achieve success is follow ultra aggressive high risk approach..  That may or may not work.   Giving chances to Dynamic players who can somehow push the team total to 300 & thereabouts...  And hope bowling clicks.  

Bowling Coach also needs to come up with different plans as few players have no idea how to bowl well in England. 

12 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

i hve seen Devdutt few knock , his game looks fine  ...he ll do well in middle order 

Apart from big moving ball which will have everyone in problem i dnt see much issue with his game

I hope so...  I'll slot him at no 3 if need arises. Tall left hander should judge length well & guys like Curran would be tad easier for him.  Rahul is my main batsman for middle order role & should stay there...  Don't disturb his spot this series. 

So TOI says selection committee hasn't yet met. None of them have been finalized. They have hinted that Paddikal and Bhuvi could go as replacements.

https://m.timesofindia.com/sports/cricket/india-in-england/india-vs-england-bcci-flying-in-replacements-to-england/amp_articleshow/84696667.cms?__twitter_impression=true

TOI understands that the national selectors are getting into a huddle to figure out these replacements

Probably why Rahul Dravid decided not to play Devdutt Padikkal despite considering five replacements for Friday’s game. Bhuvneshwar Kumar could be in the mix too, considering he can bat and can be effective in English conditions,” say those tracking developments.

Edited by ShoonyaSifar
41 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yeah even our experienced pros lose concentration & can't play long inns anymore.  So when they go on the defensive side..  They don't last for a longer period & don't score much. 

That totally depends on the conditions, in Eng you have to play some strokes to make sure bowler doesn't work you over - if the pitch isn't super flat you're sitting duck against even mediocre bowlers. This is why Pujara failed big time in the WTC final, in Oz though with flattening pitches & ball going dead past 20-30 overs Pujara's role was actually crucial. You also have to remember that even Eng & NZ frontline batter failed against us multiple times, it's their tail & lower order which bailed them out almost 100% of the time! I expect kind of similar story this tour, so hoping the tailenders actually practice with d**** in their hands maybe that'll improve their output :laugh:

Edited by R!TTER

They are saying Kohli n rahane has also injury issue
I really don't care about kohli....
I wish rahane is okie and leads the india team..super impressed with what he has done in Australia..

Actually kohl's injury will be boon...

His selection and approach was piss poor in test final against NZ

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Doesn’t matter how many batsman they take pujara , jinx , kohli aren’t going anywhere … would have taken deepak chahr ….

hell if you want to pull a player out of no where .. they should have taken sandeep sharma for English conditions … Jayant yadav ..???
Sandeep sharma would be good choice

3 minutes ago, gakgupta said:

Sandeep sharma would be good choice

Guys like sandeep sharma who bowls around 125 - 132 mostly should improve their batting a bit to get picked. You can't be one dimensional with that pace.

I thought Roy and Hales getting selected for test matches was dumbest move, Now I have seen all if SKY gets to play for India in test matches. Eshawaran is raw but yeah lets include Sky.
From what I have seen...SKY is street smart cricketer....and I have seen that he will be unfazed by the any situation ...

In one of those ipl matches...he was hit on the head and next shot was amazing...only super brae player can do that...

His first class record is not bad....I am sure..he will play some match winning knocks in England, if given chance...
not those daddy hundreds but crucial attacking 60s and 70s

Guys like sandeep sharma who bowls around 125 - 132 mostly should improve their batting a bit to get picked. You can't be one dimensional with that pace.
Horses for courses...

Only for England tour and only on those grounds which favor swing

Is Bhuvi going to England? 
Even if he get to play one test match...thats still worth it...

Kind of balance he gives with bat and ball is amazing...

Imagine bhuvi batting @8...thats great cushion...

With ball in hand in English conditions....he can be on par with Anderson or even better

19 hours ago, raki05 said:

Jayant Yadav spinner for eng tour. Kohli Pura pagla gaya hai. Chutiya has option to brought in a swing bowler like Deepak Chahar he can even hold the bat but they picked Jyant not sure even if he gets selected in his domestic team regularly.

What's the necessity to bring so many spinners to play test in England!