Videos of actors overacting

Real McCoy

16 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

That doesn't qualify according to my level of overacting. sivaji vera level

Agree, this thread should be about outrageous acting, not fake action scenes. Sivaji owns this thread. Some actors hit the edge of histrionics, Sivaji is not afraid to go beyond and hit absurdity, which could be termed as time bound or director vision. I have never seen anybody emoting the way Sivaji does. In later years, esp in movies like Thevar Magan he showed how he can restrain. He is a director's actor, just like KH

35 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

I'll start with the greatest overactor in world cinema ever - Sivaji Ganesan

He is the greatest overactor, as well as one of the greatest actors. He  overacted because of the style back then, and the crowd demand for such performances, earlier and later on his careers, he was very good and grounded. A true thespian. You should watch his performances in Mudhal Mariyadhai, Thevar Magan, Parasakthi, etc. There are many performances. 

1 hour ago, maniac said:

@zen @Mariyam

:vroam:

What's so overacting about this?

This is a genuine reaction when you are wife is dying from labour and no one is there to help, you are in distress. Do you expect him to silently and calmly say, with a wooden expression, " Hi, can anyone help me?" If not just walk away?

That's not how human emotions work. When under emotional distress and trauma you will severely emote. This is not a theatrical enactment.

Dilip did very well, and I'm not saying this as a fan, I'm not He really is a legendary actor. 

26 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

He is the greatest overactor, as well as one of the greatest actors. He  overacted because of the style back then, and the crowd demand for such performances, earlier and later on his careers, he was very good and grounded. A true thespian. You should watch his performances in Mudhal Mariyadhai, Thevar Magan, Parasakthi, etc. There are many performances. 

crowd demanded? weak excuse. Even for that time nobody else did it. Only  SG. He was absurd, even for his time.

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

crowd demanded? weak excuse. Even for that time nobody else did it. Only  SG. He was absurd, even for his time.

Okay, whatever he did, he was entirely capable of acting normally. He did because someone demanded it, whether it was audience, or director, etc idk. But, I do know he has acted very well in several movies. Like the one's I mentioned in my previous post. He has got recognition from Marlon Brando, French Govt etc. He was a very good actor. Yes, he overacted in many movies, but not out of his own will. I'll give an example, once famous TN political writer Cho Ramaswamy went to one of his shootings, and saw him act, he was not impressed with his performance, while other people on the set were clapping and awed. Sivaji noticed this and asked Cho what was the issue. Cho said, he felt something was off in his acting and not believable. So, Sivaji reenacted the same scene for him separately. Cho was amazed at his performance and asked him why he doesn't act like this in the shooting or the movie. Sivaji said, he knew how to act normally, but if he acted this way, only certain people would appreciate it, like you(Cho) and other intellectual people, but I would not get recognition and applause from directors, and audiences. 

Theatrical acting was the norm back then. Many actors overacted. Sivaji went even further because he had the ability to actually act and emote, so he went without any filter or level, and also great actors do tend to overact. Kamal Hassan has overacted, Amitabh has done it as well, so did Aamir, etc. 

In Hollywood Al Pacino, overacted in quite a few films, and he is a good actor.

1 minute ago, maniac said:

Surprised Nicolas Cage GIF

Lol no, in fact I have seen very few of his films. Mostly just secnes. So no I am not a fan. I'm a 24 year old. Do you think I'd have been living back then, to have followed his films and appreciated it? I am just going by what I have seen , and universal acclaim and appreciation. 

Just now, I6MTW said:

Okay, whatever he did, he was entirely capable of acting normally. He did because someone demanded it, whether it was audience, or director, etc idk. But, I do know he has acted very well in several movies. Like the one's I mentioned in my previous post. He has got recognition from Marlon Brando, French Govt etc. He was a very good actor. Yes, he overacted in many movies, but not out of his own will. I'll give an example, once famous TN political writer Cho Ramaswamy went to one of his shootings, and saw him act, he was not impressed with his performance, while other people on the set were clapping and awed. Sivaji noticed this and asked Cho what was the issue. Cho said, he felt something was off in his acting and not believable. So, Sivaji reenacted the same scene for him separately. Cho was amazed at his performance and asked him why he doesn't act like this in the shooting or the movie. Sivaji said, he knew how to act normally, but if he acted this way, only certain people would appreciate it, like you(Cho) and other intellectual people, but I would not get recognition and applause from directors, and audiences. 

Theatrical acting was the norm back then. Many actors overacted. Sivaji went even further because he had the ability to actually act and emote, so he went without any filter or level, and also great actors do tend to overact. Kamal Hassan has overacted, Amitabh has done it as well, so did Aamir, etc. 

In Hollywood Al Pacino, overacted in quite a few films, and he is a good actor.

oh bhayya it’s a fun thread, not discussing the intricacies of acting. By the same account a lot of actors posted here are very good actors including Vijay Kant and Balayya (on rare occasions).

For someone who is “not a fan” you are getting triggered lol.

15 minutes ago, maniac said:

oh bhayya it’s a fun thread, not discussing the intricacies of acting. By the same account a lot of actors posted here are very good actors including Vijay Kant and Balayya (on rare occasions).

For someone who is “not a fan” you are getting triggered lol.

No I am not. I am just explaining that while actors tend to overact, they are by no means overactors. As it was mentioned, Sivaji was king of overacting, etc.

Also, regarding the Dilip scene, I didn't think that wad overacting, I know Dilip must have overacted in some scenes during his career, there might be videos, but this particular scene I don't find it overacting.

I don't really consider Balayya and Vijaykanth to be good actors lol. Vijaykanth was average and a better actor than a politician, and that is the best compliment I can give him.

7 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

No I am not. I am just explaining that while actors tend to overact, they are by no means overactors. As it was mentioned, Sivaji was king of overacting, etc.

Also, regarding the Dilip scene, I didn't think that wad overacting, I know Dilip must have overacted in some scenes during his career, there might be videos, but this particular scene I don't find it overacting.

I don't really consider Balayya and Vijaykanth to be good actors lol. Vijaykanth was average and a better actor than a politician, and that is the best compliment I can give him.

again you are taking this thread too seriously. That was just a bait for a  couple of posters I usually have fun banter with. Not to offend Yusuf saabs fans or doubt his legacy. You must be a cinephile for watching so many of his  movies at 24 while not being fan . I am much older than you and I have only seen a handful of the more popular mainstream  ones and this was one of the dramatic scenes that came to my mind. Don’t think too much about it. 

Edited by maniac

18 minutes ago, maniac said:

again you are taking this thread too seriously. That was just a bait for a  couple of posters I usually have fun banter with. Not to offend Yusuf saabs fans or doubt his legacy. You must be a cinephile for watching so many of his  movies at 24 while not being fan . I am much older than you and I have only seen a handful of the more popular mainstream  ones and this was one of the dramatic scenes that came to my mind. Don’t think too much about it. 

Okay done. Continue with the videos. I do enjoy watching overacting videos. Gives me a few laughs at the cringe level. 

Here are a few:

Most overacted movie ever 

1. SRK- Shakti death scene (nana patekar one) - 1st scene that always comes to my mind when it comes to overacting
  2. Devdas- Srk one , pretty much everyone but kirron kher n SRK takes the cake 
  3. Thugs of hindustan , Mela, Dhoom- 3 (retard bro)- Aamir khan 
  4. Black- Bachchan (controversial opinon but that film was to over dramatic in everyway)
  5. Anupam kher- 90% of his life specially comedy films
  6. Hello brother - Salman khan ( ohh my this was as bad as any)
  7. Housefull movies - akshay n ritesh have good comic timing yet they are made to make faces....cringe
  8. Humshakals
  9. Rajendra kumar- any film that i saw of him 
  10. Varun Dhawan - many many films 
  11. John Abraham - Garam masala (the guy ruined the film)
  12. Sonu nigam - Jaani dushman (those who havent seen this gem, do watch it)
  13. Ayuushaman khurana - Shubh mangal extra savdhan

Cant remember the particular ones but from 1950-1980s - their wud be many many . Tone of the film were overdramatic , the good ones like Pran, Prem nath, Bacchan cud sell even that but the avg ones ended up hamming