Kohli does NOT bloody belong to the BIG 4

4 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Unless he develops his backfoot game he is going to  be struggling. Why compare him with the other three. At this point he is poorer than some of the players from India. 

In the matches Kohli & Sundar played together he is poorer than Sundar.

tPRFmYo.jpg

Lol what kind of a weird logic is that. The 3 tests Monty Panesar and Ashwin played together, Monty was twice the bowler than Ashwin. Doesn't make Monty a better bowler.

59 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Lol what kind of a weird logic is that. The 3 tests Monty Panesar and Ashwin played together, Monty was twice the bowler than Ashwin. Doesn't make Monty a better bowler.

Except Monty and Ashwin don't bowl to the same team. So you can't possibly compare. Kohli is being outscored by his own team members. He failed in OZ, failed in NZ, failed in India, failing in England.

17 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Except Monty and Ashwin don't bowl to the same team. So you can't possibly compare. Kohli is being outscored by his own team members. He failed in OZ, failed in NZ, failed in India, failing in England.

Yeah still he has escaped criticism somehow.  Media is reluctant to go after him.  

If SRT wasn't scoring runs for this long..  Whole country would be after him. 

As long as Team is doing well his poor performances have been shielded. 

10 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Even worse logic to demean Ashwin. Monty bowled to Sehwag, Gambhir, Pujara, Sachin, Kohli, Dhoni playing at home. Ashwin was bowling to Cook, Compton, Trott, KP, Bairstow playing away from home. Use better arguments to criticize Kohli.

And no his recent poor form (or the fact that Sundar was better than him) doesn't take away his status as the best all round batsman of this era

4 hours ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Even worse logic to demean Ashwin. Monty bowled to Sehwag, Gambhir, Pujara, Sachin, Kohli, Dhoni playing at home. Ashwin was bowling to Cook, Compton, Trott, KP, Bairstow playing away from home. Use better arguments to criticize Kohli.

And no his recent poor form (or the fact that Sundar was better than him) doesn't take away his status as the best all round batsman of this era

You are missing the point. You sound like this is one of those Lara vs Tendulkar fight. It is  X vs Kohli. It can be anyone. It is very relevant to this thread. When this guy can't even outscore his own team members how can he be compared with other 3 right now? 

22 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

You are missing the point. You sound like this is one of those Lara vs Tendulkar fight. It is  X vs Kohli. It can be anyone. It is very relevant to this thread. When this guy can't even outscore his own team members how can he be compared with other 3 right now? 

Kohli is not fit to tie the shoelaces of Lara or Tendulkar.

Had he not been captain, he would have been dropped at some stage over the last couple of years.

Let me say this, if Rahane was the actual official captain, after the Australian series win, Im not sure Kohli would have been a lock for the XI to play England in India that followed.

Not to mention, he would not have been stupid enough to leave Team India and go home to be at the birth of his first child. He did this because his selection in the next test series was automatic, regardless how well the batting lineup had performed. Even if they all averaged over 50+ v Australia.

6 hours ago, sage said:

Murali as well... would run through this Indian MO

I still believe Murali was a chucker.

If the IPL was played during his time ie late 90s, Im sure India would have uncovered a spinner that could do what Murali does and get away with it.

Today, any spinner with Murali's action is called a chucker.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

Kohli is not fit to tie the shoelaces of Lara or Tendulkar.

Had he not been captain, he would have been dropped at some stage over the last couple of years.

Let me say this, if Rahane was the actual official captain, after the Australian series win, Im not sure Kohli would have been a lock for the XI to play England in India that followed.

Not to mention, he would not have been stupid enough to leave Team India and go home to be at the birth of his first child. He did this because his selection in the next test series was automatic, regardless how well the batting lineup had performed. Even if they all averaged over 50+ v Australia.

Lol. Just Imagine Tendulkar playing with current world class indian bowling  attack. not even fab 4. Just Tendulkar and say dravid. 

They would wreak havoc everywhere. Probably go down as an ATG side. 

I made the mistake of overestimating kohli. He is no where near prime Tendulkar. More like a prime younis khan level player. Kohli is around Younis level.

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I still believe Murali was a chucker.

If the IPL was played during his time ie late 90s, Im sure India would have uncovered a spinner that could do what Murali does and get away with it.

Today, any spinner with Murali's action is called a chucker.

Yep he sure was a chucker. Ajmal chucked just as much and got caught. 

Nothing beats animal Interviews. I give usman all the credit in the world for restraining himself from laughing because I sure wouldn't last 10 seconds without bursting into laughter when ajmal speaks. 

Ajmal should be allowed to play to hear him talk in post match interviews alone lol. 

14 hours ago, GeeGaw said:

Capture.JPG.48de31bfe1707f7fe6f2f9d6c498c5d1.JPG

Good list, but even this is not the whole story. that's because there were players who excelled in their own conditions even if not "excellent" bowlers as such - likes of mulally and cork in eng, dion nash and simon doull in NZ, and so on. And Heath Streak is missing in the list because he didn't get to play that many tests; ditto for saqlain who was top-notch in the 1990s. I guess my point is that there were lots of good or even fantastic bowlers not on the list from the 1990s.

59 minutes ago, rtmohanlal said:

Kohli still is better  over all when compared to Kane & Root . But Smith with his test record &  World cup knock outs  combined  might be slightly in front at the moment.

Again I believe that he can be back to form if he reject captaincy.

Root even in his lean patch was scoring 50's for fun.  And he is still officially 2 years younger than Kohli. 

This kind of lean patch is unheard among great batsman which Kohli is going through.  Ponting at the fag end of his career had this type of lean patch. 

25 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Root even in his lean patch was scoring 50's for fun.  And he is still officially 2 years younger than Kohli. 

This kind of lean patch is unheard among great batsman which Kohli is going through.  Ponting at the fag end of his career had this type of lean patch. 

as of now Kohli still has superior over all record to him .... In tests Root might be slightly better but in ODI there is no comparison.... Kohli is far ahead to beat Root 'over all' convincingly. But Kohli's legacy is in  extreme danger at the moment .... no doubt about that .... he needs to do  the needful urgently to recover from this alarming dip in form...

6 hours ago, SRT100 said:

Do you know this isn't the forst time an ATG batsman is going through a two year slump. 

Sachin Tendulkar went through a couple of two year slumps in his career, where he averaged 27 and 33 respectively and that too in the noughties which is known for being the era of flat tracks and he wasn't dropped despite not being the captain, so what makes you think Kohli would be dropped lol? 

Similarly for any other ATG batsman I can take out a period of 10 test matches where he avgd 25, slump isn't an uncommon thing, happens to each and every batsman. 

As for your arguments regarding Sundar, During Sachin's slump Irfan Pathn averaged higher than him, what does that prove now? Lol. 

34 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ghanta, Sachin had a couple of of two year slumps, where he averaged 27 and 33.

Despite all the MC BC, bravado built of grit of remaining 10 players, all the digit selling, dumb captaincy, lottery selections etc etc etc , i still believe he is our best batsman. Show me one player who hasnt gone through a low cycle. Look at Rohit, a year back everyone dismissed him as an overseas test opener but he has been brilliant. Kohli will bounce back, he is just one innings away and it will come soon. 

4 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Despite all the MC BC, bravado built of grit of remaining 10 players, all the digit selling, dumb captaincy, lottery selections etc etc etc , i still believe he is our best batsman. Show me one player who hasnt gone through a low cycle. Look at Rohit, a year back everyone dismissed him as an overseas test opener but he has been brilliant. Kohli will bounce back, he is just one innings away and it will come soon. 

He scored 80 odd in D/N game vs Aus  So it's not that he hasn't got a good inns under his belt.  His weaknesses are exposed.  In India he can't play spin...  Unless you don't sweep or use your feet you are sitting duck in India.

Overseas he has his issues & lack of backfoot game.

So lower your expectations...  And no he isn't our best bat currently. 

15 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

He scored 80 odd in D/N game vs Aus  So it's not that he hasn't got a good inns under his belt.  His weaknesses are exposed.  In India he can't play spin...  Unless you don't sweep or use your feet you are sitting duck in India.

Overseas he has his issues & lack of backfoot game.

So lower your expectations...  And no he isn't our best bat currently. 

All has been written about him and plenty more who played ahead of him and all the great batsmen find a way to excel. As far as best batsman goes, we both have our  opinion however beauty of being a fan is both of us will be whole heartedly cheering both for Kohli or whomever you think is our best bat, when they are on field.