Captain Amrinder asked to resign

coffee_rules

3 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

exactly- sikhs will not tolerate a hindu CM... despite hindus being nearly 40/45% of the state. Unless they field a popular sikh candidiate.. which they dont have

40% population is more than enough for a CM . BJP even has a Punjabi Hindu CM in Haryana despite Jaat always preferring their own CM

1 hour ago, Singh bling said:

40% population is more than enough for a CM . BJP even has a Punjabi Hindu CM in Haryana despite Jaat always preferring their own CM

Only if all of them vote for BJP and other votes are divided among other parties.

Edited by rkt.india

2 hours ago, Singh bling said:

Youre confusing caste with religion... the last hindu CM of Punjab was in 1966.. none since then. Assuming the splitting of original punjab has played a part but generally despite being a big minority in the state no chance of a hindu CM now. Akalis will never chose one as candidiate, BJP has no support because most hindus either vote Congress or AAP. We can talk about numbers and statistics but generally sikhs will not want to be ruled under a hindu CM and that is undeniable.

42 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Youre confusing caste with religion... the last hindu CM of Punjab was in 1966.. none since then. Assuming the splitting of original punjab has played a part but generally despite being a big minority in the state no chance of a hindu CM now. Akalis will never chose one as candidiate, BJP has no support because most hindus either vote Congress or AAP. We can talk about numbers and statistics but generally sikhs will not want to be ruled under a hindu CM and that is undeniable.

You are ignoring caste as most of CMs Punjab had been Jatt Sikhs. Despite highest population of Dalits in country Punjab never even had a Dalit CM even a Sikh. Jat Sikhs are 20-25% of Punjab there is good Chance that a Hindu or Dalit could be CM in future.

14 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

It’s advantage Akali 

1. Hindus probably won't vote for akali after they left NDA (??) So they won't win much as sikh vote is divided.

2. Aap has strong showing in opinion polls. Punjab being a border state plus if aap expands outside of Delhi, wins Punjab... will be very bad for India. Then they can further expand...Aap fooled me (who was pro bjp) and many Delhiites.

3. I prefer akali over aap if bjp can't win. Aap win will be a disaster.

4. Amrinder comes to bjp and making it win... almost a day dream...if we have a hung assembly maybe best realistic outcome...

Bottom-line: looks like sometime ...this time or the next time, aap government will come and that's the worst outcome

3 hours ago, randomGuy said:

1. Hindus probably won't vote for akali after they left NDA (??) So they won't win much as sikh vote is divided.

2. Aap has strong showing in opinion polls. Punjab being a border state plus if aap expands outside of Delhi, wins Punjab... will be very bad for India. Then they can further expand...Aap fooled me (who was pro bjp) and many Delhiites.

3. I prefer akali over aap if bjp can't win. Aap win will be a disaster.

4. Amrinder comes to bjp and making it win... almost a day dream...if we have a hung assembly maybe best realistic outcome...

Bottom-line: looks like sometime ...this time or the next time, aap government will come and that's the worst outcome

I admire your honesty. 

I honestly think from BJP’s perspective, a fragmented situation is the best. Weakening of congress is even better. They are the primary opposition. But I do agree that AAP could ride after Punjab win. 

16 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

I admire your honesty. 

I honestly think from BJP’s perspective, a fragmented situation is the best. Weakening of congress is even better. They are the primary opposition. But I do agree that AAP could ride after Punjab win. 

AAP is like TMC of the north/west...I actually think they can sweep through North and center and west of India if they get an opening.