Brendon McCullum - "If you can't change the man, change the man". (recap)

Ankit_sharma03

55 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

The issue is, will our players be receptive of such a coach? We know how Greg Chappel and Kumble fared when they tried to impose stricter rules and push players to do well.

current batch wont be , either the captain have to be in synch with him like morgan is or he ll have to be more powerful then players

Post 2023 , is where i can see such coach working for us with captain in synch . 

Just my opinion, but I don’t think our team is in such a dire state that warrants strict coaches. I mean sure, if we were putting out performances like England in LOIs pre-2016 or the current Pakistan team, then maybe it would make sense. Strict coaches are only the need of the hour if a team/squad is in shambles with minimal unity among the players, this is where such type of a coach can come in and implement measures to get things back on track and get the players to fall in line

This approach works with young players or players willing to learn and adapt. And KKR have recruited smartly and should continue to do so in the next auction. McCullum is a gem and is backed by the owners so this approach should pay dividends.

On the other side, we can see Kuldeep struggling to make it as he cant possibly adapt?? He should be let go

19 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

current batch wont be , either the captain have to be in synch with him like morgan is or he ll have to be more powerful then players

Post 2023 , is where i can see such coach working for us with captain in synch . 

Yes