Deepika, Ranveer to bid for new IPL team: Report

2 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Let me answer that for you.

Ranvir and Deepika will attract a lot of eyeballs and followers to the league. People who don't watch cricket otherwise. Heck, I started watching cricket coz of the IPL. There is a huge demography that has yet to be tapped in. And a marquee owner makes that easy. Also it's easy for a franchise to get brand/title sponsorship if these two are the faces they can use. 

Also, why is Deepika a clown?

If people tune into watch a game of cricket for Ranveer and Deepika, then I don’t know if those eyeballs will add anything positive to the league.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

Who needs this publicity?

Not saying there's anything wrong with this kind of publicity. The sources in the article are dodgy. Won't be surprised if it is just a PR plant like the blinds or even fake news by the media. 

IPL nowadays has become way bigger than Bollywood among the youth. Certainly more respected. BW has to compete with other regional industries, Hollywood, Web series, etc. IPL has no competition in India. 

35 minutes ago, maniac said:

If people tune into watch a game of cricket for Ranveer and Deepika, then I don’t know if those eyeballs will add anything positive to the league.

As opposed to the amazing high value eye balls being generated by people here? Get over yourself, lol

19 minutes ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

I personally want Manchester United owners to get one team. 

Great profile and it will generate buzz all accross the world for IPL. 

Added bonus will be the rona dhona of Green Ghetto and La-Whore-EE anchors.

Very difficult. BCCI has tough clauses for foreigners. The Phoren organizations/individuals must have very good "other" investments in india to have a IPL team. 

38 minutes ago, maniac said:

What is actually funny to see is, just becaue the current propaganda machinery gave the marching order, all of a sudden everyone hates Bollywood and considers it low level. 

And if you check post history most of them had no issues with bollywood just a few years back

Biggest proof that some people lack a single brain cell of their own and just follow whatever macrching order is given to them on media or social media 

10 minutes ago, New guy said:

As opposed to the amazing high value eye balls being generated by people here? Get over yourself, lol

Of course I do. Most posters here including  myself  pay for subscriptions to watch a good game of cricket and cricketers not celebrities.

India wins or looses we keep coming back and don’t give up.

So speaking for myself I can say with full confidence that I definetely add more value following cricket than some moron who tunes in to watch Deepika and Ranveer in a cricket match. If someone spends their  money to see them in a movie or on a Tv show , I don’t have a problem because it doesn’t disturb me in any which way .

Just now, maniac said:

Of course I do. Most posters here including  myself  pay for subscriptions to watch a good game of cricket and cricketers not celebrities.

India wins or looses we keep coming back and don’t give up.

So speaking for myself I can say with full confidence that I definetely add more value following cricket than some moron who tunes in to watch Deepika and Ranveer in a cricket match. If someone spends their  money to see them in a movie or on a Tv show , I don’t have a problem because it doesn’t disturb me in any which way .

How do you think new generation gets attracted to something? Many fans come in for causal reasons and become life long fans 

10 minutes ago, New guy said:

L

And if you check post history most of them had no issues with bollywood just a few years back

Please go ahead and show me if I have felt anything different about these clowns in the past even before the whole SSR hysteria.

4 minutes ago, New guy said:

How do you think new generation gets attracted to something? Many fans come in for causal reasons and become life long fans 

Casual fan would come in if they see a great game of cricket or follow an iconic cricketer.

Not because of Relaity stars and Bollywood stars.

As a kid I started watching cricket because when that time there were mythical stories about Kapil Dev who was our biggest hero. However he was over the hill by then however it was Sachin who kept me as a fan.

so it was cricketers and gameplay. Not any gimmick that attracts the casual fan.

Edited by maniac
12 minutes ago, New guy said:

What is actually funny to see is, just becaue the current propaganda machinery gave the marching order, all of a sudden everyone hates Bollywood and considers it low level. 

Biggest proof that some people lack a single brain cell of their own and just follow whatever macrching order is given to them on media or social media 

Bollywood was always trashed since 1980s and 90s for producing some cheap garbage. 

The real hypocrisy to these kanjars has started coming out in last few years only. 

Diwali par inke Kutte cry karte hai.. But Eid ke time inko Bakre ke Ghosht share karne hain.. 

Good these hypocrites are exposed for low live drug infused scums they are.  They have a set agenda, to shame Hindus and make them feel guilty about their customs, culture etc.

On the other hand, thousands of innocent animals are slaughtered and they keep quiet, But PETA's messages on Diwali are shared by these scums.

India is a Hindu Majority country. Was a Hindu Majority country 6000 years before, Will Remain a Hindu Majority Country for next 6000 years and We shall always celebrate the heritage of our local religions like Hinduism/Sikhism/Jainism rather then imported religions.

P.S : I am Proud Sikh from Punjab and I love Indian culture and customs and practices. No one can shame me into not celebrating those.

14 minutes ago, maniac said:

Casual fan would come in if they see a great game of cricket or follow an iconic cricketer.

Not because of Relaity stars and Bollywood stars.

As a kid I started watching cricket because when that time there were mythical stories about Kapil Dev who was our biggest hero. However he was over the hill by then however it was Sachin who kept me as a fan.

so it was cricketers and gameplay. Not any gimmick that attracts the casual fan.

The new generation has a million distractions. At that time we were like current bangla fan level with cricket tied to patriotism, with very few avenues for entertainment and without even internet or social media or smart phones 

For eg, Girls/women etc can come for them and stay for cricket 

Edited by New guy
5 minutes ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

Bollywood was always trashed since 1980s and 90s for producing some cheap garbage. 

The real hypocrisy to these kanjars has started coming out in last few years only. 

Diwali par inke Kutte cry karte hai.. But Eid ke time inko Bakre ke Ghosht share karne hain.. 

Good these hypocrites are exposed for low live drug infused scums they are.  They have a set agenda, to shame Hindus and make them feel guilty about their customs, culture etc.

On the other hand, thousands of innocent animals are slaughtered and they keep quiet, But PETA's messages on Diwali are shared by these scums.

India is a Hindu Majority country. Was a Hindu Majority country 6000 years before, Will Remain a Hindu Majority Country for next 6000 years and We shall always celebrate the heritage of our local religions like Hinduism/Sikhism/Jainism rather then imported religions.

P.S : I am Proud Sikh from Punjab and I love Indian culture and customs and practices. No one can shame me into not celebrating those.

Bullshit. Lying and taking things out of context doesnt mean any of that is true

I love how you fall for every dumb meme, propaganda  and things taken out of cobtext and then spread harred

Hinduism dominates Bollywood and its movie industry today 

Its the easiest thing in the world today to take one screenshot or make a meme out of context and feed it so that people like you start foaming in the mouth 

Imagine being so dumb you fall for such obvious agenda and believing an entire industry suddenky hates hinduism 

Our enemies spreading these lies must love gullible people like you, you are doing their job for free 

Edited by New guy
41 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

Very difficult. BCCI has tough clauses for foreigners. The Phoren organizations/individuals must have very good "other" investments in india to have a IPL team. 

BCCI clauses?

If the FEMA is not being contravened, what objection would the BCCI have?

Edited by Mariyam
21 minutes ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

So basically Bollywood, the monolithic entity, is out to shame and defame and guilt trap Hindus, the largest demographic and market for Bollywood products?

This makes business sense because?

We must remember bollywood and cricket are the two things which have the most eyeballs in India. Nothing wrong in that. In USA it’s hollywood, NBA, MLB, NFL. Whats important is being pragmatic and accepting market realities. Live sports are always fun as it is not scripted and anything can happen..movies on the other hand is scripted but nobody knows itll be a hit or flop so there’s always uncertainty. Also in both spheres its the skill of players and skill of directors, actors, cameraman, editor which comes into play..

Bollywood has been hated for a long time not just recently.

They were slammed for stealing scripts and music, glorifying fair skin/demeaning dark skin, propagating awful racial/regional stereotypes, connections with the underworld, money laundering, casting couch, sexist/misogynistic content and most importantly making brainless movies which makes India a laughing stock on International level. 

Funny how some people and media in recent years have started projecting them as social reformers with a heart of gold. Truth is they are motivated by Fame and Money not public welfare. They are no different from those 'crony' Capitalists and corrupt Politicians.