Deepika, Ranveer to bid for new IPL team: Report

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

Ipl is all-round entertainment, not just sporting one

Ok I’ll play along.What entertainment are Ranveer and Deepika going to add as owners?

On the flip side reduces the stature of the league to have more such clowns as owners. There are some top corporates and bigwigs from sports industry interested. 

IPL is still a cricket league and people want to see cricket first, take out the cricket and put all the entertainment in the world it will wear down very fast. 

Not sure what your argument is? Are you a fan ? Then I can understand.

55 minutes ago, Lord said:

they have 2000 crore? will only be minority shareholder

The grapevine is that a bulge bracket Investment bank will put in the $, mostly lending it to a leading sports management company. Ranvir/Deepika will put it some in chump change (relatively speaking) and be the face of the franchise.

Good developments overall. If an IB is keen in it, I'm sure they'd have done their due diligence and expect a good revenue generating enterprise.

If this works out, it's actually good news for Indian cricket.

Edited by Mariyam
3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Destroy it by investing 100s of crores of rupees, you mean. And making the franchises viable businesses over the next few years employing many cricketers, ex cricketers, ground/pitch crew etc.

Yeah got it.

I would rather have an investor with a vision than someone who throws money around. 

that argument can be used tor anyone with money. Would you be ok with a reformed mafia Don investing money. The argument is still the same that he is creating jobs.

not everyone has to care about cricket to invest but big conglomerates have a vision. They want to grow their brand, innovate etc.

These Bollywood folk see it as another vehicle to plug their content.

SRK I think always was a articulate sports fan and I have no problem with him owning a team .

Shilpa was only a trophy wife and Preiry adds nothing even though I do respect her passion.

I think that’s enough for my tolerance.

Make then mascots and cheer for teams but don’t put business in their hands 

2 minutes ago, maniac said:

On the flip side reduces the stature of the league to have more such clowns as owners. There are some top corporates and bigwigs from sports industry interested

So you think stature of the league will improve with corporate suits? Elon Musk isn't buying lol it'll be some Adani Badani with cement factories and coal mines. Bollywood clowns will easily add more fun and flair to the league in comparison

I'm not a fan, I watch 2 or 3 Hindi movies per year

3 minutes ago, maniac said:

Ok I’ll play along.What entertainment are Ranveer and Deepika going to add as owners?

On the flip side reduces the stature of the league to have more such clowns as owners. There are some top corporates and bigwigs from sports industry interested. 

IPL is still a cricket league and people want to see cricket first, take out the cricket and put all the entertainment in the world it will wear down very fast. 

Not sure what your argument is? Are you a fan ? Then I can understand.

Let me answer that for you.

Ranvir and Deepika will attract a lot of eyeballs and followers to the league. People who don't watch cricket otherwise. Heck, I started watching cricket coz of the IPL. There is a huge demography that has yet to be tapped in. And a marquee owner makes that easy. Also it's easy for a franchise to get brand/title sponsorship if these two are the faces they can use. 

Also, why is Deepika a clown?

Just now, Serpico said:

So you think stature of the league will improve with corporate suits? Elon Musk isn't buying lol it'll be some Adani Badani with cement factories and coal mines. Bollywood clowns will easily add more fun and flair to the league in comparison

I'm not a fan, I watch 2 or 3 Hindi movies per year

Have you seen any of the events featuring Bollywood stars at least in the last decade or so?

Also the guys who run coal and cement suits  like Srini Mama,Anand Mahindra,Tata have been patrons of Indian sports even before IPl. Tax breaks or whatever the reason they were always heavily involved and have only done a lot for Indian sports and sportsmen.

May be you age entertained by men dressing up like women, cracking a Pj  that is followed by a Tabla sound out of tune to indicate I should laugh. No thanks.

Give me good cricket, great broadcasting, come up with innovations, bring exciting talent. That’s what I tune into see and that’s what keeps IPL alive.

If you want to turn IpL into Kapil Sharma show then maybe it will be fun for a while for you but trust me it will wear off very fast.