South Africa A vs India A : Nov/Dec 2021 (3 Un official test at Bloemfontein)

Negi95

Just now, ShoonyaSifar said:

Is going to be an exciting series this one. Spicy SA pitches produce very watchable cricket.

Hopefully our TM will back new players. No Pujara, Rahane and no Kohli as captain please.

The new worrying factor is old fast bowlers who are running out of steam in 2021.

Shami, Umesh and Ishant were all good and quick / sharp till 2019 and passable in 2020.

But in 2021 only Bumrah and Siraj are bowling with intensity and energy.  We need both of them + a 3rd energetic fast bowler. 

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The new worrying factor is old fast bowlers who are running out of steam in 2021.

Shami, Umesh and Ishant were all good and quick / sharp till 2019 and passable in 2020.

But in 2021 only Bumrah and Siraj are bowling with intensity and energy.  We need both of them + a 3rd energetic fast bowler. 

very good point..by what i saw today Ishan Porel should now be fast tracked..can be the Ishant sharma of future as he bowls similar lenghts..Krishna and avesh khan should start getting chances and Tyagi,Umran should be stand by..i guess these 5 along with Siraj and Bumrah is the future

6 minutes ago, neel roy said:

very good point..by what i saw today Ishan Porel should now be fast tracked..can be the Ishant sharma of future as he bowls similar lenghts..Krishna and avesh khan should start getting chances and Tyagi,Umran should be stand by..i guess these 5 along with Siraj and Bumrah is the future

do we really want that?

23 minutes ago, Lord said:

do we really want that?

of course..in pitches like west indies we definitely need Ishant Sharma kind of bowler..back of length..hits deck hard and ball jags back to take edge as batsmen are unsure of playing back or forward..sabina park prime example..we actually need a swing bowler for english pitches too.. ishant between 2017 to 2020 was immense.. none of the new fast bowlers other than saini we have is tall..

Edited by neel roy
1 minute ago, neel roy said:

of course..in pitches like west indies we definitely need Ishant Sharma kind of bowler..back of length..hits deck hard and ball jags back to take edge as batsmen are unsure of playing back or forward..sabina park prime example..we actually need a swing bowler for english pitches too.. ishant between 2017 to 2020 was immense.. none of the new fast bowlers other than saini we have is tall..

Ishant doesn't extract bounce despite being tall,he floats it. Jamieson yes is good example.

We have many 130 kph swing bowlers

5 minutes ago, neel roy said:

He won us 2014 lords test by just bouncing on a day 5 dead lords pitch. 

yes but he didnt get bounce off good length. He had to bend his back and bowl really short.

Dont forget he missed next 2 tests due to injury and was pedestrian in last Test

What he did that day was unnatural to him and hence he couldnt replicate it despite his height.

58 minutes ago, express bowling said:

bumrah

siraj

tyagi

porel

prasidh

umran

avesh

mavi

we got to bloody win something. seriously. enough is enough. World titles is what i need to see. Look at this depth. 

thats a fine list of 

1 minute ago, neel roy said:

Arshdeep not sure about his pace. D Chahar wont play test cricket as his body is too frail and he has had multiple injuries. Only one i can think of is thakur.. 

that's why I said 130 kph. Arshdeep will be 130-135

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Ishant first blocked Siraj and in the first test blocked Prasidh.

Taller young bowlers who can hit the deck and extract seam movement- that's both Prasidh and Avesh - have to be in consideration. No Ishant and Umesh only as a back up.

Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and Shardul has to be the pace attack with Avesh and Umesh in reserves. Maybe Saini as well if he keeps picking wickets in the 3rd A match

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Ishant first blocked Siraj and in the first test blocked Prasidh.

Taller young bowlers who can hit the deck and extract seam movement- that's both Prasidh and Avesh - have to be in consideration. No Ishant and Umesh only as a back up.

Bumrah, Siraj, Prasidh and Shardul has to be the pace attack with Avesh and Umesh in reserves. Maybe Saini as well if he keeps picking wickets in the 3rd A match

yes saini should be considered. dont forget porel who has steep bounce. Needs to increase pace by 5 ks but still a good prospect. 

currently bowls 130-136. if he can get it to about 135-140 he would be perfect for ours setup. 

22 hours ago, express bowling said:

i will be very angry if ISHANT is picked for africa.....he seems unfit and ready to retire.

shammi and bumrah should be picked with prasidh ,siraj ,avesh and probably Umesh/khaleel as sixth option. khaleel is our best left arm pacer probably ahead of nattu.