South Africa A vs India A : Nov/Dec 2021 (3 Un official test at Bloemfontein)

Negi95

21 hours ago, rkt.india said:

He is consistent but lacks pace. He reminds of McGrath. 

Till age 30,  McGrath was consistently in the 135 kph to 142 kph range. Plus that height and steep bounce.

Porel never bowls with this kind of pace or zip off the deck.

Look at this video of McGrath bowling in early 2003 aged 33. Every ball in the 135 k to 142 k range.

Edited by express bowling
13 hours ago, sandeep said:

Shaw was hard-done if you look at it objectively.

His 'cough syrup' situation was perfectly timed to allow Rohit Sharma to become test opener.  And then Gill was able to play that Gabba innings that bought him a longer rope than Shaw's domestic test success. 

Shaw's batting style is badly needed in India's white ball setup.  I am waiting to see how Dravid handles him.  Not just as a player after he gets selected - but how he goes about getting him in there - and how quickly.

If he persists with keeping Shaw out of Indian white ball squads, I will be slightly surprised; and deeply disappointed.

Rohit and KL will play together for some time.

But I think the likes of Shaw and Gill are the future of Indian Cricket..

Dravid will have a role to play  here..

Edited by afan
3 hours ago, sandeep said:

I'm not saying it was a 'conspiracy'.  Just that timing worked out poorly for shaw. 

And that if you look at it, he was 3 times unlucky - first when on his first aus tour, he got injured right before it.  Then the cough syrup robbed him of chances to solidify his test opener slot, then on 2nd aus tour, he gets dropped off of one single test match.  That too the pink ball one.  When the whole team got out for 36.  And then Gill bats so well.   

That's quite a streak of bad luck for him.  And Gill hasn't exactly set it on fire since then either - I don't know if I 100% believe his calf strain story for opting out of the England tour.  I mean, we don't have facts, but it was a touch too convenient.

It was not calf strain. He had shin splint.

50 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Shaw getting castled. Still hasn't sorted out his issue with the incoming delivery.

He has to live with this. Be open chested as possible. May get him squared up or nicked but reduce getting bowled. With his hand eye coordination he can survive 

7 hours ago, express bowling said:

Till age 30,  McGrath was consistently in the 135 kph to 142 kph range. Plus that height and steep bounce.

Look at this video of McGrath bowling in early 2003 aged 33. Every ball in the 135 k to 142 k range.

I thought this WC speed guns were like showing 3-4kph more for each pacer

Akhter and Lee even Bond were effortlessly bowling 152+ in most spells and made a mockery of speed gun readings

Trundlers like Razzaq were bowling 144+ ,Waqar,Wasim were also 140+

I saw even Heath Streak clock speeds which he never did six months to 12 months before

Edited by Suhaan
5 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

I thought this WC speed guns were like showing 3-4kph more for each pacer

Akhter and Lee even Bond were effortlessly bowling 152+ in most spells

Trundlers like Razzaq were bowling 144+ ,Waqar,Wasim were also 140+

I saw even Heath Streak clock speeds which he never did six months to 12 months before

This is McGrath at age 33.

Even if he was bowling 132 k to 139 k at this time, it can be easily assumed that he was 135 k to 142 k when he was age 24 to age 30.

9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This is McGrath at age 33.

Even if he was bowling 132 k to 139 k at this time, it can be easily assumed that he was 135 k to 142 k when he was age 24 to age 30.

I would have agreed McGrath was clocking these speeds in 99WC,but no he didn't look that quick in 2003

He was maybe 132-135 actually then

But,yes i get your point and i agree McGrath was quite quicker than Porel at that age

Edited by Suhaan

78/2. 50 overs left. Dont think there will be that number. Max 37 overs. 156 more needed. If india a can get to 135 odd in next 17 overs it can be fun. 100 in last 20 overs with ishan kishan and sarfaraz

Edited by neel roy
9 hours ago, express bowling said:

I wasn't talking about pace.

20 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Don't worry Olivier is back...  And running through sides in domestics.  Rabada Nortje Olivier the trio has never played together. 

Is going to be an exciting series this one. Spicy SA pitches produce very watchable cricket.

Hopefully our TM will back new players. No Pujara, Rahane and no Kohli as captain please.