Certainly this is the end of Pujara…

asterix

24 minutes ago, Premier said:

lol no, probably already on decline, just some embers of his previous form on that tour

True. Lying about his age you think? 

I dont want to be a prick but he doesn't look his stated age to me.

I respect him for the Aussie tours. He served us well. It's time now. 

57 minutes ago, Jay said:

True. Lying about his age you think? 

I dont want to be a prick but he doesn't look his stated age to me.

I respect him for the Aussie tours. He served us well. It's time now. 

I really don't want to make that accusation regarding the age. I tend to take that at face value. Hoping that was not the case with his generation in the domestics.

Regardless, he seems to suffering from chronic inability to make big scores. We just have to hope newcomer can combine run scoring with crease occupation. And for that to happen, they need games, games that no longer can be taken by Pujara and Rahane. 

Served us well as you say. Had wished he scored more big scores but at this point, its not looking likely.

1 hour ago, Premier said:

I really don't want to make that accusation regarding the age. I tend to take that at face value. Hoping that was not the case with his generation in the domestics.

Regardless, he seems to suffering from chronic inability to make big scores. We just have to hope newcomer can combine run scoring with crease occupation. And for that to happen, they need games, games that no longer can be taken by Pujara and Rahane. 

Served us well as you say. Had wished he scored more big scores but at this point, its not looking likely.

It's really sad to see the decline of pujara. Honestly don't care about rahane. He was never truly a great player. Above average at best. Can't believe he got so many opportunities. Atleast he retires as the GOAT CAPTAIN lol. His captaincy is questionable but he never loses. 

As for puji, he was a great player. AtG in his prime but it just really saddens me to see him struggle vs spin. He used to match spinners down in the past. 

Kohli too. I feel kohli has a run in him as he is still fit. Needs to start eating meat again. 

Edited by Jay
1 hour ago, Jay said:

It's really sad to see the decline of pujara. Honestly don't care about rahane. He was never truly a great player. Above average at best. Can't believe he got so many opportunities. Atleast he retires as the GOAT CAPTAIN lol. His captaincy is questionable but he never loses. 

As for puji, he was a great player. AtG in his prime but it just really saddens me to see him struggle vs spin. He used to match spinners down in the past. 

Kohli too. I feel kohli has a run in him as he is still fit. Needs to start eating meat again. 

He was always a HTB and had 1 good series overseas. 

He is looking bad because he is no longer even a HTB.

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Sehwag would have carted these two NZ spinners all over the park.This might be the worst middle order against spin bowling India has produced ever. I don't think even 70s and 80s middle order was weaker than these three against spin bowling.

Even peak Shane Warne used to be thrashed around like a club bowler in India. The current middle order is hopeless against spin and generally hopeless in scoring any runs. 50 is the ceiling for these guys these days.

5 hours ago, putrevus said:

Sehwag would have carted these two NZ spinners all over the park.This might be the worst middle order against spin bowling India has produced ever. I don't think even 70s and 80s middle order was weaker than these three against spin bowling.

Del

Edited by nevada
8 hours ago, RedFever said:

Pujara's dismissal was the worst of the lot. What kind of shot is this from a no 3 batsman.

Not able to get to the pitch of the ball, no confidence to play of the backfoot.

Looking at Duckula's dismissal, I got a feeling that he was trying to steal a run even before playing his shot.  It's not his fault though.   He was in a hurry to board the flight to SA.  Sense of insecurity must hv crept in.  :laugh:

3 hours ago, Jay said:

I'm hoping Kohli gets some big scores from the upcoming series. Its been a long while since we last saw a dominant series from him

4 minutes ago, afan said:

Another 20 runs here, and he is definitely on the flight to SA.

You need someone to take a few blows and if that doesnt work someone to pin the blame on as well if things dont work out for them

This is the problem with our team.

No pressure 2ND innings to get Pujara back on the team for SA.

Even an idiot can see this through.

This whole idea of Stat padding that Rohit Sharma, Dhawan, Pujara and Kohli get away with is astounding.

Never play in do or die matches, never play match winning knocks since past 3 years I'm high pressure situations but they get away with it.

21 hours ago, putrevus said:

70s and 80s had several excellent players, albeit not at the same time. Vengsarkar made his debut in 70s, but peaked in 80s. Amarnath was playing off and on in the 70s, but did his best work in early 80s. Sunny was a beast in early to late 70s. Vishy (Vishwanath) was top-notch at home in the 70s. Sardesai was pretty good, albeit inconsistent. Both Azhar and SRT made their debut in 1980s, although the former made his debut only at the very end of this decade. The following lineup (top 7) is a pretty solid one:

Engineer (wk) [alternatively, Sidhu who debuted in the 1980s]

Gavaskar

Vishwanath

Vengsarkar

Amarnath

Sardesai/Azhar

Kapil