Certainly this is the end of Pujara…

asterix

Mock him all you want. That's fine. I want to know how he declined so badly? Is it the damage he endured vs Cummins and hazelwood that has caused him to be so slow at moving g his feet ? What's the issue. How has someone declined so rapidly in a space of few months? 

I believe he is older than his stated age. His prime ended 2 years back. He is probably 36 in reality. 

Same with kohli. 

38 minutes ago, Jay said:

Mock him all you want. That's fine. I want to know how he declined so badly? Is it the damage he endured vs Cummins and hazelwood that has caused him to be so slow at moving g his feet ? What's the issue. How has someone declined so rapidly in a space of few months? 

I believe he is older than his stated age. His prime ended 2 years back. He is probably 36 in reality. 

Same with kohli. 

In sports the fall-off can be dramatic once you hit the 30s. Many a footballer has looked good one season and then decline visibly the following year.

Pujara looks done both physically and mentally. It is what it is. Time to simply move on. 

4 minutes ago, The Realist said:

In sports the fall-off can be dramatic once you hit the 30s. Many a footballer has looked good one season and then decline visibly the following year.

Pujara looks done both physically and mentally. It is what it is. Time to simply move on. 

Honestly the damage he endured vs hazelaood has probably taken its toll. He is finished. Took too much damage. Life altering damage in that match. 

Sad to see him struggle like this. The signs were clear in the home series against England itself. If he is really determined, he should play county cricket(if some county is willing to hire him), rediscover his batting form and try for a come back. But that just sounds theoretical, as he seems to be done and just trying to cash in as long as he is allowed to.