Possible ODI Squad Vs SA

2 minutes ago, Lord said:

He's the main guy. Selectors and Dravid can't do anything without his approval.

I don't think he has ever watched/played Mukesh Kumar's bowling.

He might have said to Chetan jo marzi hai karo, mai to chala Australia. 

Chetan being Chetan followed the philosophy of phast bowler leak runs and selected Mukesh Kumar.

1 minute ago, singhvivek141 said:

I don't think he has ever watched/played Mukesh Kumar's bowling.

He might have said to Chetan jo marzi hai karo, mai to chala Australia. 

Chetan being Chetan followed the philosophy of phast bowler leak runs and selected Mukesh Kumar.

Just has to watch on TV etc like we do. Even if he can't, its his job to know who he is and ask for better options. Can't just say jo marzi karo

1 minute ago, Lord said:

Just has to watch on TV etc like we do. Even if he can't, its his job to know who he is and ask for better options. Can't just say jo marzi karo

Rohit is going for Australia bhai, his prime focus is to somehow save himself from embarassment in T20 WC...why would he bother about SA ODI series where is not even the captain. 

Also, I am pretty sure apart from 2-3 positions most of the squad for ODI WC is gonna be similar to T20 WC (minus the injuries), all these Mukesh, Rahul Tripathi won't be in the reckoning for that.

If there would have been an ODI WC next month, Rohit might had been focussed about this series. Right now everyone's priority is the T20 WC.

Just now, singhvivek141 said:

Rohit is going for Australia bhai, his prime focus is to somehow save himself from embarassment in T20 WC...why would he bother about SA ODI series where is not even the captain. 

Also, I am pretty sure apart from 2-3 positions most of the squad for ODI WC is gonna be similar to T20 WC (minus the injuries), all these Mukesh, Rahul Tripathi won't be in the reckoning for that.

If there would have been an ODI WC next month, Rohit might had been focussed about this series. Right now everyone's priority is the T20 WC.

Because its an opportunity to identify talents that can play big role in future. And give us options for WC next year.

Your same argument can be used for selectors etc too. Prime focus is WT20 so pick whoever for ODI series

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

Because its an opportunity to identify talents that can play big role in future. And give us options for WC next year.

Your same argument can be used for selectors etc too. Prime focus is WT20 so pick whoever for ODI series

Sorry to say and I hope I am wrong, but I don't think BCCI cares about that.

Their decision making these days make no sense, at the time of need they will bring in some random names based on domestic stats and if it clicks then voila...if not then select someone else.

From last WT20 to this, we have circled back to the same place where we started.

I am a Rohit fan and supported him many a times. However I am confused with the new stuff I read here. 

During Shastri + Kohli era << Everything was blamed on Virat Kohli while Shastri got mixed views depending on results/mood.

Now everything is Dravid's fault.. Not much blame goes to the Captain anymore. 

Fascinating.

Forget the merit in picking one or 2 of these fresh faces and debutants for this odi series which itself is quite pointless before a t20 world cup. How many of who were picked will actually still be in the reckoning a few months from now that they are being handed an international cap? Is there some kind of a vision or are they just winging it?