BRAHMĀSTRA Part One: Shiva

poyzzplaidwell

On 9/7/2022 at 8:21 PM, coffee_rules said:

How do you know if the producers didn’t hire some goons looking like BD workers and created this ruckus? It is enough to gain eyeballs into the release

LOL

And the Americans must have landed on a cratered studio in Nevada?

And 9/11 was an inside job?

The local Bajrang Dal leader took 'responsibility' with a lot of visible glee while telling the media channels how he and his group blocked Ranbir/Aalia.

Also, like @Ankit_sharma03 said, movies don't run this way. Where one would expect a condemnation for an obvious wrong, you spout poorly thought out conspiracy theories.

On 9/7/2022 at 7:37 PM, ravishingravi said:

So, I guess it would be too much to expect you to quote context for "renaissance". But then that would be introducing nuance. Doesn't work if you are going for a narrative. It has to be plain, simplistic and as lop sided as possible. 

On this issue, it is incredibly sad. Actually its quite dangerous. But then, if beheading is on the table from one side, then increased fundamentalism on other side is inevitable. And these folks are opportunists. Perhaps you "missed" my post on fear of growing Hindu fundamentalism / Abrahamization due to fear of loss of identity / life and selective vilification by the so called liberals.

IIRC, I came across the "renaissance/re-awakening" post in the Laal Singh Chaddha thread.

Where ICF ( not you in particular) lock, stock and barrel declared that Aamir Khan was anti national and anti Hindu.

Who is going for a narrative? The narrative building has been happening since the suicide/murder of Sushant Singh Rajput. An entire industry has been vilified and accused of things far greater than its reach. Not fair to call this as a reaction to the barbaric beheading crimes. This narrative building has been going on for long.

The better question is: Who is gaining from this? The payment hierarchic are very skewed top down. The Akshays and the Aamirs don't take much of a hit. The camera crew and spot boys may simply miss out on their bonuses which in many cases is 50-100% of the agreed salary.

Edited by Mariyam

On 9/6/2022 at 2:01 PM, LordPrabhzy said:

I dont doubt the VFX and CGI are a breakthrough for Bollywood BUT i have a feeling the story will be distorted with emphasis based on chewtiya love story rather than historical context and what it means for hindus

As I had predicted- thats what the early reviews are saying too

1 minute ago, Clarke said:

Why does IMDb review rating say coming soon ?

They disable this temporarily on behalf of production team to avoid the low ratings like they did for Prime's Rings series ?

Ben Stokes the problem for me is that I cant watch it on Prime without it stopping and crashing every 2 mins.. I gave up and stopped trying to watch

5 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Ben Stokes the problem for me is that I cant watch it on Prime without it stopping and crashing every 2 mins.. I gave up and stopped trying to watch

try a web browser if you're keen. worst case d/l from 'other' sources :phehe:

5 hours ago, Mariyam said:

LOL

And the Americans must have landed on a cratered studio in Nevada?

And 9/11 was an inside job?

The local Bajrang Dal leader took 'responsibility' with a lot of visible glee while telling the media channels how he and his group blocked Ranbir/Aalia.

Also, like @Ankit_sharma03 said, movies don't run this way. Where one would expect a condemnation for an obvious wrong, you spout poorly thought out conspiracy theories.

Never said I won’t condemn the act of BDs, but such acts from the movie makers have been done earlier just to create a controversy for publicity’s sake. Not as far-fetched as the ones you cite. 

Edited by coffee_rules

22 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

some pvr theatres are charging 2000 rs for 3d shows in delhi...

Pvr logix,pvr select citywalk pvr director's cut,but they are premium theatres pvr logix and citywalk are IMAX with laser and imax screens along with director's cut logix i think is the biggest theater screenwise count i think it has 16 screen had the privilege to watch films in all 3 Bahubali 2 in director's cut, Jumanji and endgame at logix and infinity wars and KGF at select city and trust me nothing comes close to experience there vs other theatre's not one bit 

Edited by vayuu1