2 won

1 draw

1 lost

2 test in SA

1 Win 

1 loss

1 test vs Nz in Ind 

1 win by an innings 

Now after such a great performance it's totally upto Rohit to take us to WTC final. 

Rohit has way lesser challenges in his way, no difficult away tours. Let's see how he does. 

If Kohli was here I'd have no doubt that we would have entered WTC. 

26 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Now after such a great performance it's totally upto Rohit to take us to WTC final.

Needs to jump to top 2, we are currently 5th on points table and winning on 50% of our matches. How do you totally expect anyone to take us to final. Not denying Rohit can though.

34 minutes ago, Adamant said:

The GOAT captain in this WTC. 

4 test in England - 

2 won

1 draw

1 lost

2 test in SA

1 Win 

1 loss

1 test vs Nz in Ind 

1 win by an innings 

Rohit has way lesser challenges in his way, no difficult away tours. Let's see how he does. 

Hey may be a decent captain but players look uneasy around him. They aren't able to be themselves around kohli. Kphli is a bit like a dictator. Look how cheerful players look around rohit. They rally around him. That's the issue with kohli. 

12 hours ago, Norman said:

Now that Khujara and Chuhane are gone, I'm actually hopeful of a top2 finish again. 

We need to be absolutely ruthless at home and win at least 5 out of the remaining 6 games. A 2-0 in Bangladesh is a foregone conclusion unless rain fukks us up. 

I think Aussies will be super fired up against us. Although their batting is suspect. Especially with no warner. 

If we win 2 tosses it's game over. Probably 3 0 minimum. However if we lose all 4 tosses I think we win 2-1. 

Australia is one team I fear. They have always been a strong side. If they had to choose between beating India away or winning the WTC. Guarantee you they would rather win in India. Ashes is a joke now. 

Wouldn't surprise me if they use pakistannseries as a tester and lose 3 0 yet be well prepared for us later to give us a tough fight like in 2016. 

It's like arjuj vs karna. Our team is arjun. We will win in the end but karna is the one individual who can challenge us for that coveted number 1 spot. They have the ability to trouble us. 

I guarantee you now they don't give a flying * about winning in Pakistan. 

Really funny because it was NZ who bowled what 10-15 overs less in Kanpur that eventually decided the game! Eng also similarly used this tactic to not bowl the full overs in a day when their pacers needed rest back in Eng 2021, there really should be a rule to plug this loophole - like when you go off the field, for bad light, calculate the overs needed to be bowled at that time of the day including say the extra half hour each side takes these days & then penalize the bowling team accordingly!

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

So we want SA to lose next test and India to win. but wont it come down to India aus series ?

If SA wins 1 test in Aus, India can afford upto 1 test loss to Aus and still qualify. 

If SA wins 0 tests in Aus, India can lose upto 2 tests to Aus and still qualify. 

If SA wins 2 tests in Aus, India have to win all their remaining matches. 

(This is considering SA whitewash WI at home and IND beat BD 2-0) 

On 12/18/2022 at 8:24 AM, AuxiliA said:

If SA wins 1 test in Aus, India can afford upto 1 test loss to Aus and still qualify. 

If SA wins 0 tests in Aus, India can lose upto 2 tests to Aus and still qualify. 

If SA wins 2 tests in Aus, India have to win all their remaining matches. 

(This is considering SA whitewash WI at home and IND beat BD 2-0) 

SA winning 0 tests in aus is genuine possibility given how weak their batting is

I am getting strange results from this icc predictor. https://www.icc-cricket.com/world-test-championship/predictor

I put below

India draw 1-1 to BD.

india lose 4-0 to australia

Australia lose 1-2 to South Africa

NZ win 2-0 to SL

It still shows India  Australia final. lol Only thing can change if SL win thier both matches then it can be threat to india's position. 

NZ, Eng, PAK are all out of final. Does't matter who win or lose. 

7 hours ago, Nash said:

Another strange thing, 

if india win all of the rest of the matches 2 against BD and 4 against aus still india wont go to final if SL win one against NZ. So NZ must win both or win 1 and draw next.

Nah.. If india win remaining 5 matches ind will get 147 points out of 216 = @68.05%.. Even sl win both matches against nz, sl will get 88 points out of 144 points = @61.11.. I think as of now only aus sa ind have more chance to play in wtc final

On 12/18/2022 at 11:34 PM, nitinbwj said:

SA will lose the second test as well. They have no batsmen. Dharamshala test will suit Aus. Ind should win 3 matches. 

Actually india has a very good record in dharamashala. I don't think Aussies can beat India there. As weak as Indian batting is at the moment given selection issues, it will be hard to beat us there. 

Aussies have a better chance at beating us in chennai for example. On flat pattas our bozos csnt bat for ****.