Hindutva Leaders at Haridwar Event Call for Muslim Genocide

SujitPrakash

Despite the open calls for violence by leaders, many of whom have BJP connections, the police have failed to register cases or make arrests.

Swami Prabodhanand Giri, Sadhvi Annapurna aka Pooja Shakun Pandey and Swami Anandswaroop.

Between December 17 and 19, a large collection of major religious leaders, right-wing activists, hardline fundamentalist militants and Hindutva organisations came together at Haridwar for an event called the ‘Dharma Sansad’ or ‘Religious Parliament’. Over the course of three days, this event witnessed an extraordinary outpouring of hate speech, mobilisations to violence and anti-Muslim sentiment.

The event was also attended by BJP leader Ashwini Upadhyay, who has previously been arrested for an event he helped organise where slogans were raised calling for violence against Muslims, and BJP Mahila Morcha leader Udita Tyagi, giving the event a level of political encouragement from the ruling party. 

New Delhi: The ‘Dharma Sansad’ organised at Haridwar in Uttarakhand on December 17-19 saw an assortment of leaders from the Hindutva ecosystem taking the stage to set a new benchmark for brazen hate speech in the country.

“We have to make preparations,” said Swami Prabodhanand Giri, president of the Hindu Raksha Sena, a right-wing organisation based out of Uttarakhand. “And I’ll tell you what preparations those are. I will make myself clear, this is the solution, and if you follow this solution, then the path is made for you… in Myanmar, Hindus were being chased away. The politicians, government and police were just standing and watching. They started by killing them by cutting their necks, and not only this, but they began to cut them in the streets and eat them. The people watching thought we are going to die, we are not going to live.”

“This is our state now. You have seen this at the Delhi border, they killed Hindus and hung them. There is no more time, the case now is that either you prepare to die now, or get ready to kill, there’s no other way. This is why, like in Myanmar, the police here, the politicians here, the army and every Hindu must pick up weapons and we will have to conduct this cleanliness drive (safai abhiyan). There is no solution apart from this.”

The statements calling for ethnic cleansing and genocide are particularly alarming given Prabodhanand’s connections with the BJP.

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-8.46.43-PM-1024x557.png

On two occasions, Prabodhanand has shared photographs of himself with Uttar Pradesh chief minister Yogi Adityanath.

The first ‘photo op’ took place in January 2018, and the second a little over a year ago in August 2020 – and it continues to be the header image on his Facebook page today.

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-8.47.11-PM-1024x591.png

Facebook header of Swami Prabodhanand Giri. Photo: Facebook

Adityanath is not the only BJP leader Prabodhanand has been connected with. On September 14, 2020, he was pictured with Naresh Sharma, a former BJP leader from Haridwar, who joined the Aam Aadmi Party a year later.

He was also photographed with the higher education minister of Uttarakhand and BJP member Shri Dhan Singh Rawat on August 12, 2021.

In June 2021, he was also photographed with former Uttarakhand CM and BJP member Tirath Singh Rawat, giving him a sword.

Swami Prabodhanand Giri giving a sword to former Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat. Photo: FacebookScreenshot-2021-12-22-at-8.50.21-PM-1024x496.png

Swami Prabodhanand Giri giving a sword to former Uttarakhand CM Tirath Singh Rawat. Photo: Facebook

Prabodhanand’s anti-Muslim rhetoric is not a recent event. In 2017, he issued a widely reported statement calling for Hindus to have eight children for the purposes of contributing “towards conserving, preserving and protecting Hindutva and the society.”

In a speech at Shamli in 2018, he said that only Muslims rape Hindu women and spoke about the bogey of ‘love jihad’, apart from expressing other anti-Muslim sentiments. 

He has also made genocidal statements in a video with Yati Narsinghanand Saraswati that was made public in June of this year.

In that video, he says, “In the entire world, if we want humanity to last, we will need to clean it of jihadis. There should be treatment, management for jihadis on this earth. A few days ago someone said that in Islam, rapists are born, jihadis are born –

I have been saying this for some time, there is a jihadi and a terrorist in each Islamic home… Hindu society needs to stand up and find a cure for jihadis, otherwise these jihadis will find a cure for Hindus, and there will be no place on this earth for us to live… One thing is certain, if he comes into my space and I find out, he will not leave. I have lived for 14 years among jihadis, I’m not that weak… They should not think that if Narsinghanand or I are killed, you can live happily. There will be a pile of corpses, across the country you will see corpses. This is certain, nobody will stop us.

He goes on to tell all ‘jihadis’ to return to the Hindu faith and apologise. 

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-8.52.15-PM-1024x512.png

Yati Narsinghanand and Swami Prabodhanand Giri.

At the just-concluded Dharam Sansad in Hardwar, Sadhvi Annapurna aka Pooja Shakun Pandey, a mahamandleshwar of the Niranjani Akhara and general secretary of the Hindu Mahasabha also gave a call to arms and incitement to genocide.

Without any ambiguity, she gave a direct call for the mass murder of Muslims. 

“Nothing is possible without weapons. If you want to eliminate their population then kill them. Be ready to kill and be ready to go to jail. Even if 100 of us are ready to kill 20 lakhs of them (Muslims), then we will be victorious, and go to jail… Like

[Nathuram] Godse, I am ready to be maligned, but I will pick up arms to defend my Hindutva from every demon who is a threat to my religion,” she said. 

In an interview to a YouTube channel called ‘Vishalviews’ shot at the Dharma Sansad, she said, “Today is the time when women need to take swords in one hand along with belans in the other. I request my mothers to not become the weakness of their sons but instead become their strength. Tell them if adharma is happening anywhere I will come with you to cut them up. There won’t be any cases but only a little inconvenience for some days; call us, we will be there with you.” 

When asked about Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s critical reaction in 2019 to Sadhvi Pragya’s endorsement of Gandhi’s assassin Godse, she said that Modi has to compromise because of the secular constitution. But she said it was “Modi and others like Modi” who in the past had explained what Godse and Gandhi were all about.

Screenshot-2021-12-22-at-8.56.16-PM-1024x662.png

Pooja Shakun Pandey, Sadhvi Pragya and Yati Narsinghanand.

Pandey is a prominent leader of the Hindu Mahasabha and is often in headlines for hate speech against Muslims. Just recently, she made headlines for her comments against Modi after he announced that the Union government will repeal the three farm laws in the wake of a year-long protest by the farmers at the borders of Delhi. Pandey had Modi’s portrait from the Aligarh office of the Hindu Mahasabha removed, saying “Jiski ek baat nahi, uska ek baap nahi.” 

In April 2020, a criminal case was filed against Pandey for promoting enmity between different groups on religious grounds and issuing a statement conducive to public mischief after a video in which she purportedly made provocative comments against Tablighi Jamaat members went viral. Later, she was briefly arrested. In March 2021, after a minor Muslim boy was beaten up by Hindutva activist Shringi Yadav for entering a temple in Dasna, Pooja Shakun demanded that other temples put up boards prohibiting the entry of Muslims, like the one in Dasna.

In May 2019, Pooja Shakun distributed knives to minor girls on Savarkar Jayanti. In January 2019, Pandey shot at an effigy of

Mahatma Gandhi and raised slogans in support of Godse. She later set the effigy on fire. While the BJP dismissed its association with Pandey, she regularly interacts with leaders of the party like BJP MP Sadhvi Pragya and the Madhya Pradesh chief minister

Shivraj Singh Chauhan. Despite her open call to murder Muslims on multiple occasions, the police in UP is yet to act against Pandey.

https://thewire.in/communalism/hindutva-leaders-dharma-sansad-muslim-genocide

What a disgusting's country India is becoming, calling for genocide against the minorities in India and no charges have been laid.

And this is not the first time these people have done this. 

I am so glad that me and my family are in a country like Australia, as a Hindu and a BJP and Modi supporter I am absolutely disgusted by this., the quicker the BJP is kicked out the better.

But what other choice do we Indians have? Modi the genocidal maniac or Raul Gandhi the stupid *. 

And we Indians love to put down Pakistan when we are the same.

Edited by SujitPrakash

19 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

RW media has rightly criticized the conclave, Yati seems to be a Congress stooge, comes out during elections time for liberals to outrage. 

do you see any secular liberal l criticisms of Owaisi and his cabal?

The RW media is a joke, they are the ones spreading hate, this is what happens when media is spreading hate. India is a powder keg waiting to explode and **** like this is going to light the fuse quickly.

Everyone in India is corrupt to the core, the cops, the politician's who have criminal records and the people.

The more I see this the more I am starting to think India will always be a **** hole.

Edited by SujitPrakash

32 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Idiots don’t know what fringe is and what a mainstream party thinks about the establishment 

More buts, and more whataboutery, this is a Hindu conclave with stupid Hindu priest and monks with about a thousand people in attendance and BJP former leaders making hate speeches.

Edited by SujitPrakash

Empathize with our wannabe Australian bro. He has suffered great pains to make his point. But bro you don't have to go on self flagellating mode to prove your new found allegiance. You will win their hearts I am sure. West has had profound history of absorbing brown sipahis. 

Now, for the OP, it is utterly disgusting and should be condemned in strongest words. But can anyone explain how these people are "hindutva" leaders. In a country of 100 crore plus Hindus, anyone e can gather 5000 Hindus and chant stuff. 

13 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

More buts, and more whataboutery, this is a Hindu conclave with stupid Hindu priest and monks with about a thousand people in attendance and BJP former leaders making hate speeches.

They have no support and people have called out Yati before, but if you don’t care about sitting MPs and politicians calling for direct action against police , definitely India will see more of a 1000 cuts that was promised by Jinnah and his progeny 

17 hours ago, SujitPrakash said:

And this is not the first time these people have done this. 

I am so glad that me and my family are in a country like Australia, as a Hindu and a BJP and Modi supporter I am absolutely disgusted by this., the quicker the BJP is kicked out the better

Oh this is a fake account lol

Dont worry, unlike our Libbus, we do not support such fringe views. We only care about fair and diverse society with uniform laws governing the country. We are not hypocrites who run with their tails tucked between the legs as soon as they see Owaisi or Waris Pathan threating 100 Cr of population. We have been seeing your behavior on this site for past 15 years.

I personally care about every life and law of land. 

Morons...  If you wanna hurt them so bad ask the government to give jobs to Hindus & only & end minority benefits.  At least use the hate you have in some right direction..  Hindus ko benefit toh ho koi:facepalm: till then these guys are nothing but fatty empty vessels..   Even Godse would laugh at them endlessly after listen ti this... at least dude had guts to do the deed.  

I read the first few paragraphs in the OP. The sense I got is that the discussion was on fighting it out to “survive” based on events in Myanmar where Muslims are said to have killed people of other religions. Now these practises could be pursued on Hindus in India (the speaker gave an example of what happened in/near Delhi).

If that is the case (a call for Hindus ti stand), I do not understand why that point is being portrayed as “a call for genocide”.

PS also not many subscribe to extreme views (there are extremists in every field. Among Hindus, the %age is much less).

Edited by zen

6 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Had my doubts. Also could be another pseudonym user id. my hunch. 

You will always find him always criticizing india or Hindus.Even Staunch Indian critics don't hate india , they hate bjp but they don't laugh or criticise india and indian or Hindus this much. This guy is impersonator from padosi land or recently converted.