Bumrah vs. Cummins in Tests

51 minutes ago, MechEng said:

@express bowling which bowler from the past does Bumrah remind you of?

He reminds me of Courtney Walsh. Bumrah's style gets compared with Pakistani bowlers but he doesn't swing it late like the Pakistanis, instead more like the West Indians relying on movement off the pitch.

Courtney Walsh was tall, not as fast, and relied primarily on bounce + relentless accuracy.

To be fair, there aren't really many past analogs for boom.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

@express bowling which bowler from the past does Bumrah remind you of?

He reminds me of Courtney Walsh. Bumrah's style gets compared with Pakistani bowlers but he doesn't swing it late like the Pakistanis, instead more like the West Indians relying on movement off the pitch.

Bumrah started his test career bowling like a West Indian pacer ... Quick in the air and open chested action, hitting the deck hard and angling the ball into the body with bounce. Getting more seam movement than swing.

But with passing years, he is swinging the new ball both ways and he was always good at reverse swing at pace. His yorkers have got better in tests and he is using the slower ball really well. His bouncers still remain brutish.

Bumrah is much quicker than Walsh and much shorter. 

The current day Boom is like a mix of a right handed Akram and a shorter Ambrose but is probably a bit quicker than both.

12 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Bumrah reminds me a bit of Frank Tyson.Though there are differences ,like Bumrah being front on and Tyson is sideon but there are similarities as well ,like a short run up ,the awkward gather and front leg brace.

and tyson was rather short and skiddy. fast by the standards of his time as well.

4 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Bumrah reminds me a bit of Frank Tyson.Though there are differences ,like Bumrah being front on and Tyson is sideon but there are similarities as well ,like a short run up ,the awkward gather and front leg brace.

Damn frankntyson looks like a beast. He would have been quality in any era. 

Skill-wise and now performance wise, Bumrah is heading on his way right up there with the very best of all-time. He can swing the ball both ways, maintains good pace, has mastered in reversing the ball and in death overs in limited overs, he is simply freakish.

As all format bowler, even Cummins cannot match him. In Test Cricket, Cummins is competing with him for the top two spot while in LOIs, Starc is competing with him.

2 hours ago, Majestic said:

Skill-wise and now performance wise, Bumrah is heading on his way right up there with the very best of all-time. He can swing the ball both ways, maintains good pace, has mastered in reversing the ball and in death overs in limited overs, he is simply freakish.

As all format bowler, even Cummins cannot match him. In Test Cricket, Cummins is competing with him for the top two spot while in LOIs, Starc is competing with him.

honestly i feel bumrah isnt good in odi. i think cummins is average but bumrah is not much better in odi. both are genuine test greats though. 

bumrah is only good at containing. he doesnt go flat out in odi anymore. doesnt swing the white ball in the opening overs. most teams just play him out carefully because they know they can bash the other frauds like bhuvi etc lmao. we dont play our best team for odi. maybe if prasidh gets a run or siraj with bumrah we may see him shine again.

in t20 he is gun no doubt. I do feel right now he has regressed in odi. boult, starc and shaheen i would say are better than bumrah, cummins and even archer in odi.

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

honestly i feel bumrah isnt good in odi. i think cummins is average but bumrah is not much better in odi. both are genuine test greats though. 

bumrah is only good at containing. he doesnt go flat out in odi anymore. doesnt swing the white ball in the opening overs. most teams just play him out carefully because they know they can bash the other frauds like bhuvi etc lmao. we dont play our best team for odi. maybe if prasidh gets a run or siraj with bumrah we may see him shine again.

in t20 he is gun no doubt. I do feel right now he has regressed in odi. boult, starc and shaheen i would say are better than bumrah, cummins and even archer in odi.

yes, he can't get breakthroughs up front in ODIs.

1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

:confused:

Damn franknsyton looks like a beast?

Damn franknstyon looks like a beast?

Damn Frankenstein looks like a beast?

Dr Frankenstein looks like a beast?

Dr Frankenstein created Bumrah? :wp111: 

Rda is Frankenstein. 

3 hours ago, Virat_Kulli_ki_main_khuli said:

As far as cummins and bumrah go, they are amazing but unfortunately they dont live upto all format excellence. In red ball they peak over other bowlers (except Kyle Jamieson) but all formats bowlers like Rabada, Shaheen and Boult are just better cause they can adapt to any format without loss of performance. 

Chuckeen is only good in twenty twenty tbh. Rabada is mediocre in t20. Boult is utter trash outside seaming pitches. 

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah started his test career bowling like a West Indian pacer ... Quick in the air and open chested action, hitting the deck hard and angling the ball into the body with bounce. Getting more seam movement than swing.

But with passing years, he is swinging the new ball both ways and he was always good at reverse swing at pace. His yorkers have got better in tests and he is using the slower ball really well. His bouncers still remain brutish.

Bumrah is much quicker than Walsh and much shorter. 

The current day Boom is like a mix of a right handed Akram and a shorter Ambrose but is probably a bit quicker than both.

Bumrah does not swing the ball unless the ball swings naturally like dukes and the pink ball, he never swung the kookaburra in Australia while Wasim albeit slightly slower swung it late in Australia.

Which is why I see Bumrah as a very West Indian breed type.

Aussies hit the deck and get the ball to move away at high pace, Pakistanis aim for toes and swing it very late, West Indians extract discomforting bounce off the pitch and bring the ball back in at sharp pace like how Bumrah does.

1 hour ago, MechEng said:

Bumrah does not swing the ball unless the ball swings naturally like dukes and the pink ball, he never swung the kookaburra in Australia while Wasim albeit slightly slower swung it late in Australia.

Which is why I see Bumrah as a very West Indian breed type.

Aussies hit the deck and get the ball to move away at high pace, Pakistanis aim for toes and swing it very late, West Indians extract discomforting bounce off the pitch and bring the ball back in at sharp pace like how Bumrah does.

Bumrah has swung the new ball in SA, WI, England, NZ. Has got some conventional swing in Australia this time too.

If you have noticed, Bumrah is pitching the ball up a lot more these days in test matches. So much so that the SA commentators termed him a fast swing bowler on this tour.

In the 80s and 90s, most people got more conventional swing as the balls were probably made a bit differently. 

Edited by express bowling
46 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bumrah has swung the new ball in SA, WI, England, NZ. Has got some conventional swing in Australia this time too.

If you have noticed, Bumrah is pitching the ball up a lot more these days in test matches. So much so that the SA commentators termed him a fast swing bowler on this tour.

In the 80s and 90s, most people got more conventional swing as the balls were probably made a bit differently. 

Saffer commies were obsessed with bumrah. They kept praising him non stop. Going overboard and **** lol.