ICC Men's T20 WC 2022: India to lock horns with Pakistan at MCG on October 23

vvvslaxman

14 hours ago, Suhaan said:

What about we field a 150+ consistent Umran?

Le lega tumhari batting di jaan

why would we have umran? our "attack" selected by dravid and endorsed by ganguly will consist of harshal patel, unadcutter, deepak chahar, boobi "legend" kumar, and chetan sakariya/shardul thakur. the kingdom of trundlers is here to stay.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

next gen of women pacers might get to 125 kph top speeds. I've certainly seen trundlers in domestics whose top speeds are not even that.

The funny thing, is that our pace bowlers are so physically weak, if they tried to ball fast, they would literally breakdown.

Seriously  the conditioning of most Indian Cricketers is a joke.

1 hour ago, SRT100 said:

I would have Shafali Verma ahead of Kohli, Rahane and Pujara if I could make selections.

She'll have a grave injury inside 7-8 balls of facing a Rabada or even a Jansen. It's a different ball game altogether... atleast figuratively. 

12 hours ago, SRT100 said:

I would have Shafali Verma ahead of Kohli, Rahane and Pujara if I could make selections.

Im not sure she could do any worse, but at least she has age on her side to improve upon.

against spin, she may fare reasonably well. but not against pace - the men's game is so much faster (in terms of pace bowling) than the women

On 1/22/2022 at 1:32 AM, Cricket_Hacker said:

After a long time, we will be the underdogs in a match vs Pakistan

No, after a long time , India is not hot favorite , probably just favorite but certainly not underdog. One thing is for sure, now the match expected to be a close one and will generate more interest . Prior to T20 match, India was winning ever match in WC and it was getting boring, not now. 

Indian batsmen collectively will enjoy Australian wickets more than Pakistanis, except Babar and RIzwan, they will love it. 

On 1/22/2022 at 2:44 AM, the don said:

You are likely to face Dahani. 

Who bowls 90mph plus with bounce. 

Lets see how he comes along by then. But the dude is good. 

Hassan is a trundler and will not be in the team , this time fast bowlers will be Afridi, Rauf, Dahani and Husnain ( if cleared ), all quite pacy , but Indian batters play pace well as long as its not moving much . Only Shaeen swings , not others. 

Edited by First class

should be a cakewalk for Pak. Babar and Rizwan will tuk-tuk at first and then the lower order can chip in to make 160 or so. this Ind team will choke when chasing. and if Ind bat first, they will lose wkts in a heap. Looks like the 80s are back - one-sided matches, but with the pendulum going back the other way

3 hours ago, First class said:

Hassan is a trundler and will not be in the team , this time fast bowlers will be Afridi, Rauf, Dahani and Husnain ( if cleared ), all quite pacy , but Indian batters play pace well as long as its not moving much . Only Shaeen swings , not others. 

Mohammad Wasim over Hasnain ... he's being developed as our seaming allrounder to replace Faheem.