Yash Dhull India Wc u19 captain 2022

Dery

19 hours ago, Dery said:

How do you rate his batting?

https://www.hotstar.com/in/sports/cricket/under19s-world-cup/australia-under19s-vs-india-under19s-m704670/match-clips/highlights-ind-drub-oz-enter-final/1540011617

Why does he bat like his upper & lower body are in different time zones?

he is an attacking bat, but was asked to play slower than usual. seems to have decent technique, fairly wide/good range of shots, and excellent temperament

Just now, SK_IH said:

I think he will definitely be successful in long run, his personality is a marked difference from our last U19 captain, Priyam Garg, who never looked like he has any sort of confidence in his abilities. That he is a middle order batsman is a good thing for him.

Garg was actually a good long-form bat, but he lost rhythm, confidence, etc. Dhull seems to be more mentally tough, but these are early days

On 2/4/2022 at 11:48 AM, Vijy said:

he is an attacking bat, but was asked to play slower than usual. seems to have decent technique, fairly wide/good range of shots, and excellent temperament

A range of shots and temperament are gifts. You either have it or you dont.

This talent must be carefully nurtured and then he must be selected in home series in India so he can develop confidence at the international level before taking him to SENA.

1 hour ago, Lone Wolf said:

Test debut of an Indian batsman at >25 years is sin in Indian cricket now. Forget about U19

I'll be happy if he somehow gets in Indian side at 21-22.

Yes I know. Its been fantasy on my part for them to debut him.

The money in the game is now such, that these older players make sure to control when kids come in.

When SRT played for his first few years, an IPL player in his first year probably made more money than him. Times have changed.