#HijabRow in Karnataka Schools - where do you stand?

Austin 3:!6

What's your stand on hijab row?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What's your stand on hijab row?

• Hijab should be banned from all govt schools. Govt should enforce this.
    • Hijab or any religious attire should be allowed in all govt schools in India. Govt should enforce this
    • Status quo should be maintained. If it's allowed, let it remain so. If it's banned, don't allow it. Let schools decide it.

7 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Pakistani ISI & foreign powers wet dream this... Dividing Indian people on communal lines is always dangerous.   Central govt needs to take proactive steps to stop this from spiraling out of control

BJP itself is fueling the protest from one side. 

Opposition parties are doing it from other side.

It's full blown political tussle. Don't expect govt to try to curb it. Political parties are trying to maximise their benefit here.

15 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

BJP itself is fueling the protest from one side. 

Opposition parties are doing it from other side.

It's full blown political tussle. Don't expect govt to try to curb it. Political parties are trying to maximise their benefit here.

Sad reality...  This is Where people need to wake up..  Communal violence & religion based divide or even societal changes set a dangerous precedent.   Germany in 1930's is a clear cut example in front of us.  We are lucky that our foundations are strong..  

70+ years of hardwork building this diverse nation should not be undone by bunch of political power seeking a***holes 

21 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Sad reality...  This is Where people need to wake up..  Communal violence & religion based divide or even societal changes set a dangerous precedent.   Germany in 1930's is a clear cut example in front of us.  We are lucky that our foundations are strong..  

70+ years of hardwork building this diverse nation should not be undone by bunch of political power seeking a***holes 

yep, i recall both sides taking on each other in 1930s Germany. kya faluda example hai

the 70+ years you mention have seen far worse communal bloodshed than this time

48 minutes ago, Clarke said:

yep, i recall both sides taking on each other in 1930s Germany. kya faluda example hai

the 70+ years you mention have seen far worse communal bloodshed than this time

Lol so want to see communal bloodshed now...  Hopefully better sense prevails over this non issue. 

Bloodshed has happened over much bigger issues than these teeny tiny arguments.  No one even used to even talk about these things 2-3 decades ago... South especially has been far more stable & organized than North. 

11 hours ago, dial_100 said:

Dont go to place where you feel discrimination happens. simple.

Now for kids shouting Jai Shri Ram and Jai Bhavani Jai Shivaji.

"yatra nari pujyante tatra ramante devta", kahi nahi likha hai ki naari muslim yaa christian nahi ho sakti. It doesnt even say what sort of woman. Just woman. It is written for idiots like these only.

Chhatrapati Shivaji and Bhagwan Shri Ram both respected women utmost, he is a Maryada Purushottam. You are heckling a woman in his name.

I know in this episode there are numerous wrongs but if men do not know what Shri Ram is then it doesnt matter even if they were 1000% correct, this or any similar behavior of bunch of these boys is totally unacceptable. 

As for that Burkha(Hijab/or-whatever-else-you-call-it) clad girl or this whole controversy, no comments, not worthy of my time. 

Now heckling is same as terrorism. I totally condemn this act . We need to pick the right fight. This is a low hanging fruit. But we know what a mob does to a girl in Pakistan if she screams Jai Shree Ram to a mob shouting Allah Akbar.  Glad India Is not a Hindu Taliban

MSM doesn’t share this video when a girl in Bagalkot, Karnataka was injured by the stone pelters . but run the girl in hijab being heckled and standing ground and screaming Allahu Akbar is n Mandya which is far away from Udupi or Bagalkot (everything is Karnataka for these narrative builders( 

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Now heckling is same as terrorism. I totally condemn this act . We need to pick the right fight. This is a low hanging fruit. But we know what a mob does to a girl in Pakistan if she screams Jai Shree Ram to a mob shouting Allah Akbar.  Glad India Is not a Hindu Taliban

MSM doesn’t share this video when a girl in Bagalkot, Karnataka was injured by the stone pelters . but run the girl in hijab being heckled and standing ground and screaming Allahu Akbar is n Mandya which is far away from Udupi or Bagalkot (everything is Karnataka for these narrative builders( 

Forget Pakistan. Even if you are a man and say Jai Shri Ram in from of agitated Muslim crowd, you will be murdered and burnt alive. I dont see anything wrong what crowd was doing. Also that black dressed post box is not a school dress/college dress or frminist dress. The girl is probably Sar tan se juda type women and needs to be arrested

3 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Really is it that easy?

The moment police even touches any of them, all hell will break loose.

Headline will be students beaten for wearing saffron scarves. Is wearing saffron scarves a crime in India?

Just saying it, will it become reality? You still say all that s when police have not taken any action against public property destruction in n anti-CAA protests, Azad Maidan episode, Bengaluru riots over a 12 yr old’s FB post. 

OTOH, police have fired at Durga procession participants and killed a 18 yr old boy in Bihar

33 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Lol so want to see communal bloodshed now...  Hopefully better sense prevails over this non issue. 

Bloodshed has happened over much bigger issues than these teeny tiny arguments.  No one even used to even talk about these things 2-3 decades ago... South especially has been far more stable & organized than North. 

no i wanted civil war :phehe: i'm saying this is not a BIG issue, don't let the media make it seem like its a resurgence of fascism or something analogous to a really bad situation from the past. I found the heckling pathetic but thankfully that's a one off where no one was physically harmed. Moreover, if the idea is to replace the uniform, then the minority/left is being obtuse. 

13 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Just saying it, will it become reality? You still say all that s when police have not taken any action against public property destruction in n anti-CAA protests, Azad Maidan episode, Bengaluru riots over a 12 yr old’s FB post. 

OTOH, police have fired at Durga procession participants and killed a 18 yr old boy in Bihar

Durga Puja incident had people pelting stones at police.

I remember the hue and cry when a group gave violence threat and police tried to stop them from going to Jinnah tower when clear prohibitory orders were issued.

21 minutes ago, Clarke said:

no i wanted civil war :phehe: i'm saying this is not a BIG issue, don't let the media make it seem like its a resurgence of fascism or something analogous to a really bad situation from the past. I found the heckling pathetic but thankfully that's a one off where no one was physically harmed. Moreover, if the idea is to replace the uniform, then the minority/left is being obtuse. 

Goodness you talked about communal bloodshed in 70+ years don't you?  I was actually saying this is almost a non issue for that to happen.  Talk about mental gymnastics:phehe:

14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

Durga Puja incident had people pelting stones at police.

You remember it wrong. Polce beat up idol carriers and when people fought back, police opened fire and killed a 18 year innocent bystander 

https://swarajyamag.com/news-brief/munger-devotee-dies-in-firing-amid-violence-in-durga-immersion-procession-after-cops-assault-idol-carriers

No such firing done against Muslim m rampaging stone pelting mobs in the cases I mention

14 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I remember the hue and cry when a group gave violence threat and police tried to stop them from going to Jinnah tower when clear prohibitory orders were issued.

It was an Indian flag on Republic day. Now the same drilling Jinnah  tower is painted un Tri-color after all the outrage. Something’s end good

47 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Goodness you talked about communal bloodshed in 70+ years don't you?  I was actually saying this is almost a non issue for that to happen.  Talk about mental gymnastics:phehe:

Responding to your nazi germany comparison, even our worst domestic situations are not comparable to current while you had to go global in your pursuit of hyperbole

17 minutes ago, Clarke said:

Responding to your nazi germany comparison, even our worst domestic situations are not comparable to current while you had to go global in your pursuit of hyperbole

Godwin's law

Description

Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies, is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 

https://www.ndtv.com/india-news/hijab-row-in-karnataka-gatherings-protests-banned-near-educational-institutions-in-bengaluru-for-2-weeks-2758200

Hijab Row: Protests Banned Near Bengaluru Schools, Colleges For 2 Weeks

Karnataka Hijab Protest: The Karnataka High Court, which is hearing petitions filed by five women from a government college in Udupi, questioning hijab restrictions, appealed for peace yesterday.

Could have been done 3-4 days back.