Impressions about Ishan Kishen

What are your impressions abut Ishan kishen till now as we have seen quite a few International games n a lot of IPL 

Here is mine 

• Lacks consistency - even in IPL i think he has had only one good season - Negative 
  • Match winner- surely on his day he can win u games out rightly - Positive 
  • Wicket keeper- Positive 
  • Left hander- Positive 
  • Can bat anywhere - Positive 
  • Lacks adaptability - Negative
  • Struggles against off spin and s/r isnt good even against SLA- Negative
  • Any kind of movement he is in big trouble - negative
  • Two pace wkts and again he is in problem- negative 
  • Hard length (will soon be found out)- negative 

He has the right packaging but all the negatives is making him less impactful which actually is the point when u want an impactful player. He is a big work in progress 

Anyone who think he can replace dhawan as ODI opener currently - :giggle:

Anyone who thinks or thought he is better then pant- :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Even as a backup opener in t20 we need to explore more option.  Will be keen to see how he performs in IPL more so how he has improved . 

While looking for Improvement in a player its important to see how he tackles the problem rather then scores coz coming Lanka team or many IPL team (who will suffer quality) may not trouble him. As WI showed how many areas of concern he has and that is not a very disciplined attack . 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

If we already have Pant as our Wk bat then we don't need Kishan. So even wicketkeeping ability is hardly a positive in his case considering that KL Rahul is also there in the team. 

We don't need another standby keeper. 

Why not Shaw? 

Exactly.. Kishan is living off from his 2020 season while Shaw had a much better season in 2021 and is a beast domestically. If Rahul is in the team we don't need another backup keeper. 

Ishan has not impressed yet ...problem with most IPL hitters (SKY is an exception) is they don't have adaptability. They mainly rely on heavy hitting if the ball is in their zone and can't maneuver strike under pressure. One dimensional players can do great in IPL but in world stage in different conditions and stronger attack it will be hard to emulate your IPL performance . 

Lot has been said about his one dimensional batting and adaptability issues. But that is not where it ends.    His batting stance and overall style of play look ugly/boring to the eyes.  I had to switch to another channel till he got out yesterday.  After his dismissal, the match suddenly looked much exciting with the arrival of our MO batsmen (V Iyer and SKY). 

9 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Bairstow Buttler have bad starts than Kishan..  It's upto him how he improves.  Everyone struggles when ball moves these days.  Dhawan was a dud when he was 23 year old in Caribbean in 2010.

Kishan needs to work on his off side game or try to add reverse sweeps in his stroke play vs spin. 

failures is fine, my problem with him is limitations . 

When we talk about bairstrow n butler , if anything they weren't limited. Even pant is still inconsistent but isnt limited by any means 

4 hours ago, Adamant said:

As for Dhawan vs Kishan :facepalm:

Thats hardly a comparison, Dhawan even at 36 is miles ahead. 

IF anyone can replace dhawan in ODI it has to be only pant. 

Too replace someone like dhawan u need to replace a lot of thing, u can getaway with 30-40s in t20 but not in ODIs.

He is a leftie-Shaw, mayank, gill , rutu isnt

He is experienced- he tops their

Still batting very well 

More aggressive then - Gill n rutu 

Makes big runs - Shaw n kishen generally waste their starts 

Turns into a monster in ICC ODI tournaments

I have myself wanted to get away from dhawan only to realise none is ready to replace him in ODI apart from Pant but then we need a gun leftie at 4 too 

17 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Too replace someone like dhawan u need to replace a lot of thing, u can getaway with 30-40s in t20 but not in ODIs.

Still batting very well 

I have myself wanted to get away from dhawan only to realise none is ready to replace him in ODI apart from Pant but then we need a gun leftie at 4 too 

I see you totally ignore KL as opener option here.

52 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Still batting very well 

Pant is needed down the order to handle spin. Upfront he can pick the wrong ball to slog and get out as you get to face better bowlers. In my view there should be no set  positions for anyone. You are up against Pakistan send Pant up the order and murder those Imad wasim type of bowlers. If you are up against SA/ OZ just keep him down the order.  India has to be flexible with their options.

20 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pant is needed down the order to handle spin. Upfront he can pick the wrong ball to slog and get out as you get to face better bowlers. In my view there should be no set  positions for anyone. You are up against Pakistan send Pant up the order and murder those Imad wasim type of bowlers. If you are up against SA/ OZ just keep him down the order.  India has to be flexible with their options.

need of him in middle is what is making me stick to dhawan at top

Im just talking about ODIs , we wont get imad wasim in ODIs 

14 hours ago, dilliboy said:

Exactly.. Kishan is living off from his 2020 season while Shaw had a much better season in 2021 and is a beast domestically. If Rahul is in the team we don't need another backup keeper. 

Kishan is getting more opportunities because he is left handed. Plus he is a very good fielder whereas Shaw is a poor fielder. If Rohit gets injured or sits out, I think Shaw should be given a chance. He is the only Indian opener who unabashedly goes for it from ball #1 and we need such batters in T20.