Pujara joins Sussex for County Championship and One Day Tournament

56 minutes ago, neel roy said:

He was pretty ok playing for kkr and rcb in first few seasons. Actually he could have been the no 4 for us in 2019 wc. Lol we would have won as in sf and final the targets were 240 odd!

True. He was never given any run in ODIs. His list A record was always spectacular. He needed at least 10-15 more matches.

2 hours ago, puneet28 said:

Guess Pujara's career being revived here? I think he might go on to play 2 years of test cricket. Unlike Kohli and Rahane he is trying his best. 

Don't read too much into him beating up lower level domestic opponents.  Its not as if county cricket is swimming with top tier quality - there are just too many county teams and a lot of times with rotation etc you are going to face 2nd XI bowlers that are plate-level Ranji calibre bowlers.  This isn't too different from an Indian batsman from a top 5 Ranji team beating up on "plate" teams like Manipur, Meghalaya etc.  

5 hours ago, sandeep said:

Don't read too much into him beating up lower level domestic opponents.  Its not as if county cricket is swimming with top tier quality - there are just too many county teams and a lot of times with rotation etc you are going to face 2nd XI bowlers that are plate-level Ranji calibre bowlers.  This isn't too different from an Indian batsman from a top 5 Ranji team beating up on "plate" teams like Manipur, Meghalaya etc.  

Beating top 6 teams in ranji is a whole another ball game. Top 6 is very good. Yea plate teams are total cans. Many have second jobs etc to support their families in playe level. 

On 8/13/2022 at 10:58 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

tempting but players have to think for their own good for long terms

Its not that these guys will be get huge money, mostly they ll be sold off on base prices . Then they ll be on bench that to for a format in which they have no chance 

County also pays well so go play and rather help ur career get longer. Longer u play better u earn , nyways at max they ll get selected for one season just to be on bench and then next season teams wont show interest 

I keep hearing county pays well?? Is that really true? Average pay is only like a little under 100 k if I am not wrong? Normal people in moderately senior roles can get 100 k in office spaces. 

Manager level get 150 k plus with relative ease going all the way up to 600 700 k if u reach a c suite job. Ofcourse high end companies where you get bonuses and incentives and share plans you can push millions but that's another story. 

I dont think county pays all that well given how many games they play in a season.

Ipl is the king for money. Want big bucks. Ipl buddyyy. 

2 hours ago, Jay said:

I keep hearing county pays well?? Is that really true? Average pay is only like a little under 100 k if I am not wrong? Normal people in moderately senior roles can get 100 k in office spaces. 

Manager level get 150 k plus with relative ease going all the way up to 600 700 k if u reach a c suite job. Ofcourse high end companies where you get bonuses and incentives and share plans you can push millions but that's another story. 

I dont think county pays all that well given how many games they play in a season.

Ipl is the king for money. Want big bucks. Ipl buddyyy. 

You don't say lol

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQp8L0I1xG7QDAlbn1wIiO

12 hours ago, sandeep said:

Aren't the top players playing The Hundred or do the players play both?