Revisiting Shikhar Dhawan

maniac

Indias biggest issue has been left arm bowlers running through the top 3.

Usually left handers  play left arm fast bowling relatively better.

Our opening left handed options are 

Dhawan

DDP

Kishen

Venky Iyer.

out of the 4 Dhawan doesn’t really seem the worst option. Also did well in Australia last time.

A veteran with a great temperament and not a selfish player at all.

Maybe time to revisit his utility in the T20 side.

Edited by maniac

Dhawan wasn’t in WC semis or WT20.

Even in CT, he did survive the opening spell even though he was out for a low score.

Plays Starc really well.

I think we can’t be biased here. Maybe there is a chance he will work.

7 minutes ago, maniac said:

Indias biggest issue has been left arm bowlers running through the top 3.

Usually left handles play left arm bowling relatively better.

Our opening left handed options are 

Dhawan

DDP

Kishen

Venky Iyer.

out of the 4 Dhawan doesn’t really seem the worst option. Also did well in Australia last time.

A veteran with a great temperament and not a selfish player at all.

Maybe time to revisit his utility in the T20 side.

I think he will do better in Australia as he does Play well square of the wicket.  His problem mostly in T20s is his lack of scoring options or going aerial straight.  In Australia he can use the pace well to score runs in PP. 

Dropping Kohli & adding Dhawan will be a boost to India.  Fills up experience quota if Kolli is gone.  Known run performer against Pakistan too. 

I think we cannot bring back players for "specific scenarios". It never ended well for us. Dravid playing ODI series, RP singh playing ENgland series out of the blue, backing Rahane "for his past performances".  India has to go with the best inform side and may be shuffle the batting order.  Dhawan has issues against off spinners upfront.

26 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I think he will do better in Australia as he does Play well square of the wicket.  His problem mostly in T20s is his lack of scoring options or going aerial straight.  In Australia he can use the pace well to score runs in PP. 

Dropping Kohli & adding Dhawan will be a boost to India.  Fills up experience quota if Kolli is gone.  Known run performer against Pakistan too. 

in t20 he has done well in Aus 

16 minutes ago, maniac said:

smashed Starc with a broken hand in overseas conditons in wc. That accounts for something :agree:

Wasn't T20. And anyway I dont remember him hitting Starc. He was hit later in slog overs.

1 hour ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

in t20 he has done well in Aus 

Yes watching some of his highlights in Australia his scoring options are perfectly suited there.  Cut,  Square drive & odd pull.  He jas developed a good enough slog sweep against spin too. 

In India u need players who are stronger in the V & agility to play aerial shots straight up to be successful & that's where Dhawan struggles.  In Aus he enjoys the bounces & rides it to play those square off the wicket shots. 

1 hour ago, wanted_desi said:

Would you rather have Dhawan or Shubman opening in Australia? 

Shubhman has no chance of getting picked...  And he only has himself to blame.  Needed a breakout IPl season.  I doubt he will  picked barring Test sides in near future... Which is a pity. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

32 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Yes watching some of his highlights in Australia his scoring options are perfectly suited there.  Cut,  Square drive & odd pull.  He jas developed a good enough slog sweep against spin too. 

In India u need players who are stronger in the V & agility to play aerial shots straight up to be successful & that's where Dhawan struggles.  In Aus he enjoys the bounces & rides it to play those square off the wicket shots. 

yea he wont be a bad option in Aus