BJP suspends Nupur Sharma and Naveen Jindal

coffee_rules

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

The point is India will vote BJP until they mess up real bad. There is not much of corruption as we saw in UPA i&ii, 

India will vote BJP if their voters go out to vote on voting day. Such incidents demonize the workers and voters alike, which is exactly what breaking India forces wants.

BJP wins because its voters go out in big numbers, and any decent drop will lead to a simple victory of the opposition. The latter always looks for low turnout

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

We have millions of workers in the Middle East - for their safety, security and to prevent them from being physically harmed by these barbaric despotic regimes - the govt had to bite its ego.  You think if India can say FU to Europe on European turf it cannot say FU to these  chirkut 2 bit countries like Qatar ? We have millions of people in Europe too -  but they are not despotic wahabbi Islamic regimes  like the Middle East. 

Exactly. it's a simple risk analysis of our own people and GOI choose to take suchmeasures to protect them. India today has the soft power, but missing the hard power.

5 minutes ago, HamHindustani said:

:hysterical: 6.1 years may be the precise value

It is 19 as it was common to skip the 10s place value in numbers in Arabs of that era. They would count 1 through 9 and then say 10 & 0, 10 & 1 , so on and so forth. So, sometimes they would forget 10 or skip it, and it would seem like 11 can be confused as 1 or 19 as 9. But since it is in Sahih Al-Bukhari ,which is deemed authentic, ideal Muslim scholars believe it is 9. It could be 19 as some modern scholars opine. A learned friend told me.

23 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Forget correcting or going any kind of fact checking. Look at BBC , they are afraid to even quote her. Looks like an international Blasphemy law has been passed.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-61701908

Nupur Sharma: Prophet Muhammad row deepens India’s diplomatic woes

The BBC is not repeating Ms Sharma's remarks as they are offensive in nature.”

BBC finds marriage with a 6  year old offensive. that seems fair to me

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

It is 19 as it was common to skip the 10s place value in numbers in Arabs of that era. They would count 1 through 9 and then say 10 & 0, 10 & 1 , so on and so forth. So, sometimes they would forget 10 or skip it, and it would seem like 11 can be confused as 1 or 19 as 9. But since it is in Sahih Al-Bukhari ,which is deemed authentic, ideal Muslim scholars believe it is 9. It could be 19 as some modern scholars opine. A learned friend told me.

oh. brother or sister. in that case bending may also be 15 times a day than 5?

6 hours ago, mishra said:

Still dont get it. which part she said about flat earth or flying horses is out of the holy book. Every mythology has flying horses and people believed that earth was flat. So what is wrong.

Now, Ayesha bit, Its common practice. As per laws of AIMPLB (which is nothing but taken from Aurangzeb's laws over India), 11 year old is correct age girl to be consumed as per marriage. Its bloody modern world and its laws which have stopped it.

What are you talking about? 

Application Act ( Muslim Personal Law) says that the minimum age for marriage for both men and women ( read boys and girls) is 15. That is the age they are *assumed* to have attained puberty. So what is valid under the Muslim Personal Law constitutes an offence under the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act!

This is why we need the UCC pronto.

8 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

The abrahamization of Hindus is inevitable now. Incidents like these will only fasten the process. 

Resident Atheists say there is no difference, Abrahamics, Monotheists, Polytheists, Pagans, Dharmics, Sanghis, Buddhists, Jains, Parsis  and Sachinistas , all are same. Whole humanity is stupid, only atheists are the enlightened ones

Edited by coffee_rules

33 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Application Act ( Muslim Personal Law) says that the minimum age for marriage for both men and women ( read boys and girls) is 15. That is the age they are *assumed* to have attained puberty. So what is valid under the Muslim Personal Law constitutes an offence under the Prohibition of Child Marriage Act!

A lot of us don’t know  that AIMPLB is an NGO and not an official government organization making laws for Indian Muslims. If a Muslim adult sexually assaults a Muslim minor (under-18) and agrees to marry her, all this POSCO act nonsense doesn’t apply to them and the court can say there is no crime committed. 

India needs UCC badly for Muslims sake! (not sure if your post was in jest) 

26 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Disparaging ? Like hundreds of spokespersons do so everyday?

I thought the hullabaloo was about her utterance?

I mean ,what will it take not to upset the so called minority?

As a party spokesperson, she had to keep her cool. She is not a sadak chap mawali to throwback insults.No issues with her getting punished, but BJP response to OIC should have been more of a mirror to their face, to quote the hadiths back. But, it is probably restrained to keep 2024 in mind as it consolidates their vote bank. Political parties always look at win-win situation and Nupur is the fall guy, so to speak.

49 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

I have been told that It was 11 years specifically for girls pre and post independence. 15 years was adopted in Pakistan. I may be wrong at recollection but source who mentioned this is never wrong.

Indian posters often forget that China reached the position to call Islam a mental disease after majority Chinese turned atheists. Economic power has nothing to do with it. No one is accusing Buddhist or Christian Chinese, they are pointing fingers at CCP.

In India, Majority is Hindu's not atheists. Indians have flourished in Middle East, even during Saddam era Indians were welcomed. Don't let your hate for Pakistan establishment ruin the relationship with Middle Eastern countries. India will pay a very hefty price, all India has is soft power and one blanket ban will take it all away. Only Pakistani hate mongers will benefit from this, fringe minority but powerful.

Only way to stop the spread of radical Islam in India is to ban religion all together. Minorities will fall in line once majority shows the path to development. You think modern Khalistani's are ardent Sikhs? NO, but us vs them will keep feeling hatred, it's easier to tolerate state mandate of no religion vs Hindu's dictating minorities.

As far as Prophet marrying a young girl is concerned. Just go back 2-3 generations back in India and you will find tonnes of examples of girls marrying at the age of 11-12, my own grandmother was only 12 and age gap between my eldest aunt and grandma is only 13 years. Those times were different and it was common.

Only way you can judge someone from centuries back is to compare to what was norm, recently statue of one of the founder father of Vancouver city 'Gassy Jack' was toppled. He was the target of anger due to his 1870 marriage to a 12-year-old girl, Jack was in his 40s. Idiot protestors couldn't grasp the fact that it was common place in 1870, the reason he had married that girl was his wife died and he promised to take care of her orphan niece. In 1870s it meant being on the street dying of hunger or disease or marrying Jack.

Ranjeet Singh took on Ahmed Shah Abdali at age of 17, Can you imagine a 17 year old doing that today? 

These days hardly anyone marries before 30 outside subcontinent, having kids in 40s is becoming common place. In 2017, a 30 year old in France evaded rape charges after having sex with a 11 year old. Only in 2021, they voted to make age 15 as age of consent.

20 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

A lot of us don’t know  that AIMPLB is an NGO and not an official government organization making laws for Indian Muslims. If a Muslim adult sexually assaults a Muslim minor (under-18) and agrees to marry her, all this POSCO act nonsense doesn’t apply to them and the court can say there is no crime committed. 

India needs UCC badly for Muslims sake! (not sure if your post was in jest) 

What part of my post did you find in jest? I was stating facts.

Re: The quoted post,

AIMPLB does not 'make laws' for Muslims.

The rules governing the case that you mentioned are nebulous. If there is a consensual physical relationship between a post puberty to under 18 Muslim girl and an adult Muslim male, and the girl/her guardians agree to the marriage, POSCO doesn't apply. If there is no agreement to getting them married, POSCO is applicable.

You mentioned assault, and in all cases of assault various sections of the POSCO are applicable.

And this is yet another reason we need the UCC.

46 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Disparaging ? Like hundreds of spokespersons do so everyday?

I thought the hullabaloo was about her utterance?

I mean ,what will it take not to upset the so called minority?

Not mocking the one person the said community holds in high esteem. The prophet.

That could be a good place to start!

Find it odd that you find it odd that people were upset at her comments. They were meant to offend.