Indian cities: Astronomical Real Estate Price

kepler37b

I just went on house hunting, on repeated insistence from my family. Our parents are stuck in a time warp and still think that possessing a house is still a matter of family izzat.

But man the real estate is astronomical. 

A suspended and congested  matchbox in the sky  is 75L(Apartment) in hyderabad at least. An Independent  is 1.5Cr+ (for 200 sq yards+).  Why the f**k is this so costly? 

How was your experience house hunting in India? 

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

I just went on house hunting, on repeated insistence from my family. Our parents are stuck in a time warp and still think that possessing a house is still a matter of family izzat.

A suspended and congested  matchbox in the sky  is 75L(Apartment) in hyderabad at least. An Independent  is 1.5Cr+ (for 200 sq yards+).  Why the f**k is this so costly? 

Where did you look? 1.25-1.5 cr is starter price for a 3 br apt in a gated community within 15-20 min commute of Gachi Bowli. Independent homes with similar criterion cost 5-7 crores easily.

2 hours ago, kepler37b said:

Which areas are you exploring in Hyderabad? Other cities are more expensive than this.

58 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

I have started house hunting in Hyderabad. 

Villas seem to be 2+ and 3 BHK 1 cr+.

Best of luck.  For me:

Buying a house in indian city = Voluntary slavery to our stupid and low-value IT industry.

Again different people have different opinions.

Average house price in Sydney is 1.5 million dollars. Houses that are nothing special.

Cost of living in general is a total rort. 

Kilo of tomatoes is $12.

$17 parking/day.

It was cheaper for me to go to Singapore for 4 days than it was for me to spend a weekend in Sydney. 

Going to Vietnam for 2 weeks soon. Want to escape these rip off prices.

Edited by EnterTheVoid

5 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Average house price in Sydney is 1.5 million dollars. Houses that are nothing special.

Kilo of tomatoes is $12.

$17 parking/day.

It was cheaper for me to go to Singapore for 4 days than it was for me to spend a weekend in Sydney. 

vietnam is lovely. make sure to avail yourself of the wonderful food they have; street food in particular is both cheap, good, and fairly hygienic.

16 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Kilo of tomatoes is $12.

$17 parking/day.

When are you travelling? I will be in Vietnam in 2nd week of July.

10 minutes ago, Vijy said:

vietnam is lovely. make sure to avail yourself of the wonderful food they have; street food in particular is both cheap, good, and fairly hygienic.

Thank you.

Been there once before, going again soon.

Went to Ho Chi Minh previously. Now going to Ho Chi Minh, Hue, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Danang, Tam Coc and Cu Chi tunnels. 

Just now, Trichromatic said:

When are you travelling? I will be in Vietnam in 2nd week of July.

July 22nd - July 31st.

2 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Bloody NRIs, IT boom, MNCs and liberalization 

Lol it’s business in Hyderabad lot of friends buy these apartment at launch wait for few months and flip it. Not NRIs they used to buy in the past but bringing money to US is painful.

37 minutes ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Thank you.

Went to Ho Chi Minh previously. Now going to Ho Chi Minh, Hue, Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Danang, Tam Coc and Cu Chi tunnels. 

July 22nd - July 31st.

cool, glad you already visited. the banh mi is one of my fav sandwiches globally. and lots of places to see as well of course - I just listed the food aspects

1 hour ago, kepler37b said:

That's the problem.

Facilities in new york = 1 billion x Facilities in Mumbai.

Bhai I saw an apartment recently in Malad Mumbai. Almost next to the metro line completely blocking the window and the building shakes a bit when metro passes by. Rs 2.5 cr only. 2 bhk. 

Edited by ravishingravi

2 hours ago, Trichromatic said:

Which areas are you exploring in Hyderabad? Other cities are more expensive than this.

The guy is stating genuine issue and you "Other cities are more expensive than this." Ye purani aadat hai kya Bhai :)) ... anyways Hyderabad should be top 4-5 in India according to property prices....

1 hour ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Thank you.

July 22nd - July 31st.

Any suggestion for Halong Bay cruise? 2 d 1 N.