Sarfaraz Khan

17 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

"Amazing batting, young man. Keep doing this for 5-6 years and you might get an opportunity ... all the elders are still there .. you understand, no?" 

good job, young 'un... now migrate to england and become an int'l player soon. I hear that they are welcoming S. Asian players readily into the team to make up for the Rafiq scandal.

2 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

He reminded me of old fashioned Test cricketer from the 80s. Wristy. I think India should try fast tracking him. If they allow him to waste more time in domestic that is a travesty.  Reward his consistency.  

he's like a cross between pappu (aravinda) de silva and ranatunga.

if not for sarfaraz, even an innings defeat for Mumbai might have been conceivable. he will be needed once again in 2nd innings because MP looks headed for a big lead.

the other thing I wish we could see from him is that he bowls a bit more, like he used to in U19. being a part-timer in tests would help since most of Ind top 6 batters in tests do not bowl.

Edited by Vijy
5 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Hmm ... does MP's 368/3 take some sheen away from SK's knock?  Or is the Dhawal Kulkarni-led Mumbai attack that much more innocuous than MP's attack?

Mumbai's attack is very poor. for MP, datey is solid and gaurav yadav can be quite sharp. kumar karthikeya bowled badly here, but is otherwise a solid spinner. overall, MP attack arguably better and pitch also had a bit more assistance on day 1

58 minutes ago, Need4Speed said:

Niice..how good is he wrt on  the rise stuff..does he have game to score on such deliveries..thinking about hard/bouncy decks and given his short height

Short batsmen are usually good v short stuff.