Rajat Patidar v Sarfaraz Khan

4 hours ago, prudent_kreeda said:

What matters is how  much work you put in to iron out your weakness ? Just talent won't take you far. Secondly  earlier it took almost 2-3 seasons to detect weakness in a batter's game which today gets exposed within a series or even before a series (if playing in IPL)  due to technology .

Shaw's attitude and lack of full focus might be the BIG reason he ,may not become what he can . We can make out by his fitness , attitude towards coaches , slow improvement in countering weakness. Even Sarfraz's Pot belly now ( Duleep trophy) does  not look good for 24 year old .

In that sesnse , i would rather bet on Jaiswal  though he might have less talent. 

By that logic, we should drop our pot bellied captain first.

28 minutes ago, Lord said:

Bounce isnt his only weakness. Also struggles v swing and leggies, though not to that extent.

He's not even Raina, let alone Waugh

Raina literally had fear for short ball. Not able to play and fearing are two different things. I have not seen Iyer a lot but what ever I have seen , I have not seen him look worse than raina.

Edited by putrevus
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Raina literally had fear for short ball. Not able to play and fearing are two different things. I have not seen Iyer a lot but what ever I have seen , I have not seen him look worse than raina.

no he wasn't scared. Infact used to hit them in his own way.

OTOH, Iyer literally dances v short balls.

24 minutes ago, Lord said:

no he wasn't scared. Infact used to hit them in his own way.

OTOH, Iyer literally dances v short balls.

Most of the shots in video were hoicks which Raina was always good.later in his career Raina was literally being bounced by even bowlers like Thissara Perrra .You can always get by without playing hook shot in white ball cricket. Iyer also can adapt a method which works for him.

6 minutes ago, putrevus said:

Most of the shots in video were hoicks which Raina was always good.later in his career Raina was literally being bounced by even bowlers like Thissara Perrra .You can always get by without playing hook shot in white ball cricket. Iyer also can adapt a method which works for him.

You can't even hoick/pull if you are scared.Have to get in some position.

Forget hook, Iyer doesnt even pull. All he does is back away and try to hit over offside

53 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Patidar is definitely a short form candidate. He has very good range of strokes.

I reckon so too.  Patidar might be another SKY for us in LOIs...  But his FC bullying & then performance vs NZ A can't be ignored.  I think both him & Sarfraz should be given a shot in BD test tour.